Hello fellow nerds!

New to the community, but have been browsing the site's articles recently. I live in Maryland, age 25, and am pursuing a career in Web Development. I've started doing bodyweight workouts at home, and on my off days I do a 40 minute Vinyasa flow. I've also taken the plunge into a Paleo diet. Once I get my gym membership squared away, I'll be taking kickboxing classes once a week! I'm so looking forward to it. I'm also looking forward to learning more through this site, as well as through all of your experiences. My goal is to increase my muscle, and decrease my body fat percentage, and develop more awareness of mind and body through exercise, yoga, and meditation. Let's all be chums, eh? I look forward to this journey. 

• Like 3

Welcome to Nerd Fitness, Kaelan! Sounds like you've got some good goals figured out and you're ready to go. 

We're halfway through a 4 Week Challenge right now but feel free to jump in anyway if you want. Or you can just take a look at a few other people's challenges to get a feel for it while you wait, if you prefer. Most people new to NF start out in the Rebel guild, but of course if there's another guild you identify very strongly with already you'll find the people there to be just as welcoming. 

Let us know if you have any questions about the forums or need any help/advice/encouragement! And best of luck on your journey!

• Like 1

Hey there KaelanBlayde, welcome to the community!

I like how you listed your goals here, but I have a question for you: What is the reason/motivation for you to make a change like this? Getting healthy? Appearance? Tired of what you were doing in the past? I'm sure we'd all love to hear!

• Like 2
On 7/23/2017 at 4:23 PM, Irroxin said:

I like how you listed your goals here, but I have a question for you: What is the reason/motivation for you to make a change like this? Getting healthy? Appearance? Tired of what you were doing in the past? I'm sure we'd all love to hear!

Irroxin! Hello! 

I have multiple reasons in no particular order:

-Proving to myself that I can be committed to something
-Getting healthy for sure!
-I wanna look and feel great in my body. (I think I look okay, but why not strive for bodacious?)
-I used to be a heavy smoker/drinker. I've quit smoking (doing the vaping thing) and I hardly drink anymore. (Reason for not completely quitting booze is that I love the culture and really enjoy a nice beer or cocktail) 

I started the Beginner's Bodyweight Workout today, and hoo boy am I out of shape! But I managed to get through all three circuits with full reps. Enjoying a nice paleo protein shake before a much-needed shower. :)

I look forward to being part of this community! 

• Like 1