Made My Day Thread

I started deadlifting last month in my crappy gym (it only has the option for 10, 35, or 45 lb plates for the barbell). After weeks of trying 20lb total on the deadlift, I decided yesterday to load it to 70lb. After being able to do that several times, I loaded up the 45's to try it at 90lbs. I was able to pick it up three times (with breaks in between). Made my day!

I started deadlifting last month in my crappy gym (it only has the option for 10, 35, or 45 lb plates for the barbell). After weeks of trying 20lb total on the deadlift, I decided yesterday to load it to 70lb. After being able to do that several times, I loaded up the 45's to try it at 90lbs. I was able to pick it up three times (with breaks in between). Made my day!

This should be in the w00t thread, please repost :P

Remember, the bar probably weighs 25-45 pounds, so you might have been doing 135!!

2/13/12

Starting Primal and free weights

10/02/12

Starting LeanGains. Still lifting all the things.

Fitocracy

So, some of my cousins from Brazil are in town for their very first visit to America. My cousin Mariana kept chasing after squirrels with her phone to take pictures, and I asked, "Do they not have squirrels where you guys live?" And they said, "No. They're just the funniest looking things, we want to show everyone when we get back."

It was funny and made my day when it happened (about a week ago). So, let it be known: there are no squirrels in São Paulo and its environs.

I was reminded today that I am absolutely awesome at my chosen job (not the one I'm currently in), and that I'm wanted badly enough that my soon to be manager/boss will adjust my schedule to accommodate my college coursework, just so he will be able to keep me.

My current boss/manager, I'm not sure she even knows my name (okay, she knows it, but she has no interest in me as a person)... and I hate my job.

I was also reminded, quite strongly, that I have FRIENDS who VALUE me, and who want me to succeed in life, and who will do what they can to help me out. They rock.

Bought my first little black dress today and I'm finally back into a large after years of being in a 3X. :D

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Totally a woot worthy accomplishment GEB!

Also, did you know your user name initials are the same for my 4th favorite book? Sweet....

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Thanks! I'm so happy to finally see progress after feeling like nothing was happening. But even after going off paleo for three weeks, I finally saw the scale move down. Yay! Whats the name of the book?

Godel, Escher, Bach: And Eternal Golden Braid

Yeah I'm a nerd.....

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

In that case Big, welcome to NF. We're all nerds here :grins:

I'll check that out. My biggest fear is that I'll miss out on some incredible book series that could possibly change my life. I'm always on the lookout for something new to read. :D Thanks for the suggestion!

Wake Your Dreams...

Watching my 13 month old son dance his face off while listening to Operation Ivy. Made my week. Lol

Reading this made my day.

Also, this morning I was getting ready for work in the women's locker room (also at work, it's almost always deserted). A woman comes in and compliments the dress I'm wearing and then says "but you're so beautiful you'd make any dress look good!" That was just a cool random act of niceness.

My little dude took his first steps free of any assistance today. Winning.

time to step up your aerobics training

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker