• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hi everyone! I realized that I tend to by the same things every time I go to the store, win! But there's a point to it, I'm not sure what to do with all of this heathy food! Loss! I have around 20 items and I need help creating recipes that would be easy to meal plan with. I'll leave the list below, thanks! P.S also any way you can help me with budgeting all this would be greatly appreciated! I'm a poor college student now!

Protein 
1. Whole Eggs: cage free

2. Any of these could be in my kitchen, Lean Meats: Chicken, turkey, lean cuts of pork (like tenderloin), beef, along with wild game (buffalo, venison, elk, ostrich, rabbit) if I want something different.

3. Fatty Fish: Salmon, mackerel, sardines, and anchovies can help to increase mood during my long shifts and stressful calls. Likewise depends on week 

4. Fermented Soy: This produces natural antibiotic agents to increase the body’s resistance to infections.

Legumes 
5. Beans: Small red beans, kidney beans, chick peas, and black beans depending on what's available for cheap, it's in bulk.

6. Lentils: Low in calories and perfect for reducing the chances of heart disease. Bulk

Vegetables
7. Tomatoes: They can help with connective tissue strength and even help to improve vision. Get 8

8. Spinach: Packed with Vitamin K, which contributes to building stronger bones. Buy a box or two

9. Cruciferous Vegetables: Packing your plate at the firehouse with broccoli, cabbage cauliflower, or Brussels sprouts will leave you feeling fuller longer in-between meals. Steamfresh if possible 

Fruits
10. Avocados: Studies have shown that avocadoes can reduce cholesterol and even help you burn fat. Bag

11. Citrus Fruits: Oranges and grapefruit Bag it and tag it when available 

12. Berries: Raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, and cranberries Frozen

Starches and whole grains
13. Sweet Potatoes and Yams: These act as your body’s storage tank for energy. You better have just the right amount of energy if you’re going to be fighting a fire. A few lbs

14. Quinoa: High in protein, but more importantly, high in riboflavin, which has been shown to reduce the frequency of migraines. If there's someone who deals with enough migraines, it's emergency workers. Bag and tag 

15. Amaranth: A great solution to having more fiber since it contains three times more than wheat. Bag and tag

Heathy fats
16. Nuts: Walnuts, almonds, cashews, pecans, and pistachios can all help reduce inflammation and even lead to a better mood and mental process. Can also be eaten in nut butter form. Bulk it

17. Seeds: Flax, hemp, chia, and pumpkin all contain good fats that help you feel fuller for longer. Bulk

18. Extra-Virgin Olive Oil: This is high in antioxidants and the healthy monounsaturated fats, which can help to control your cholesterol.

Drinks
19. Water: Water makes up approximately 70% of our body I carry around a gallon of water while I'm at work, especially on hot days when your uniform and gear will cause you to lose more water than normal.

20. Green Tea: A chemical in green tea called EGCG can help lower cortisol (your stress hormone) and increase your immune system after long shifts.
Edited by Hana
Format was wonky

Akura   

The most basic recipe I use I got from Mark's Daily Apple:

1. Take 1 protein, 1 fat and at least 1 vegetable.
  2. Throw everything into a pan.
  3. Done!

Every combination is allowed! Carbs can be added in accordance to your dietary beliefs.

• Like 1

chillenb   

This doesn't help directly with your recipes, but I absoluely love Budget Bytes for recipes! Although they don't cover exactly what you have, I have found them to be highly adjustable and affordable. For example leaving cheese out, adjusting fats, replacing grains with what you have. Otherwise I love @Akura's recipe. Also Mel Joulwan does a Cook up that has worked well when I have done version. She does something similar to Mark's Daily Apple and just transforms meals as she prepares them.