A small but significant win

I moved into my house just over five years ago. One thing I distinctly remember is moving my childhood desks and hutch into the house. They're fairly small when the hutch comes off and not terribly heavy but the weakness of the legs and the placement of the drawers make them awkward to hold and move.

Five years ago, I could not grip them for more than a few seconds. I'd have a lot of pain before the muscles gave out and I dropped them. I could rearrange them easily enough but I had to have help moving them inside.

Saturday, I had no trouble gripping them, lifting them, or carrying them into my basement on my own. It's a small win, but a significant one.

• Like 5

Adventurer, Half-Dwarf Chaotic-Good Paladin

Ne me dites jamais les chances!  ¡Nunca me digas las probabilidades!

Character Sheet Training Logs Challenges Prepping for Adventure PrepAdventure Prep Fall BabyWhen Are We Again, Anyway?WhirlwindThe Leaf's LocusHarnessing Hamingja New Roots More Beginnings, More Roots Cleaning Up Facing The Hailstorm Yo Ho Yo The... Keto Life For Me? Taming the Beast Another Step Towards the Future Baking, Suburban Homesteading, and Health, The Adventurers of the Lucky Vale IIIIIIIVVVI, VII VIIIIX

Spoiler

Perennial goals: Sleep 7+ hours a night, retain (and continue to learn) French and Spanish as a family, increase Spanish Proficiency for work and play,  read like a maniac on my own and with my kids, carry heavy stuff

Long term goals: Cut to 13-15% bodyfat, And now that I'm grown I eat five dozen eggs, so I'm roughly the size of a baaaaarge! -> Someday I'll challenge a Disney world Gaston to a push up contest and win

Sometimes it's less about the gains in the gym and on the scale, and more about how much better and easier fitness makes our lives.  A win is a win is a win!!  I'm looking forward to the day I can help my husband move a couch without endangering his life.  lol. 

• Like 1

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Human Bard: CON 2, WIS 5, INT 1, CHA 2

Current Challenge: Nova Levels Up (and maybe doesn't abandon a challenge...)

I appreciate the reinforcement lol.

My ( utterly amazing and resilient) wife tells me that it's all about our quality of life and that I should celebrate anything that makes it better. She says that's why men aren't as resilient as women a lot of the time and I think she's right.

In my early to mid 20s, before the arthritis hit, I was in amazing shape. I'm competitive by nature, and compete against my self as aggressively as anyone else. So I'm constantly reminding myself to celebrate the wins of the present rather than dwelling on what I used to be able to do, especially because that causes me to overdo it and get injured. I've never had a mental problem with pushing myself to the limits and beyond, but that's only good sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adventurer, Half-Dwarf Chaotic-Good Paladin

Ne me dites jamais les chances!  ¡Nunca me digas las probabilidades!

Character Sheet Training Logs Challenges Prepping for Adventure PrepAdventure Prep Fall BabyWhen Are We Again, Anyway?WhirlwindThe Leaf's LocusHarnessing Hamingja New Roots More Beginnings, More Roots Cleaning Up Facing The Hailstorm Yo Ho Yo The... Keto Life For Me? Taming the Beast Another Step Towards the Future Baking, Suburban Homesteading, and Health, The Adventurers of the Lucky Vale IIIIIIIVVVI, VII VIIIIX

Spoiler

Perennial goals: Sleep 7+ hours a night, retain (and continue to learn) French and Spanish as a family, increase Spanish Proficiency for work and play,  read like a maniac on my own and with my kids, carry heavy stuff

Long term goals: Cut to 13-15% bodyfat, And now that I'm grown I eat five dozen eggs, so I'm roughly the size of a baaaaarge! -> Someday I'll challenge a Disney world Gaston to a push up contest and win