• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Tanktimus the Encourager

Unstoppable: Tanktimus’ Return and Commencement of the Juggernaut Program

Rinna   
On 8/28/2017 at 5:02 PM, Stribs said:

This is the reaction most people have, ha.  I'm just weirdly energized early in the morning.

Sounds delicious!!!!

I never rarely feel energized.  But I try to do it anyway.  I tried mornings once.  Almost fell off the elliptical.  Late morning/early afternoon is better for me, personally.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rinna said:

I never rarely feel energized.  But I try to do it anyway.  I tried mornings once.  Almost fell off the elliptical.  Late morning/early afternoon is better for me, personally.

I can work out in the mornings, I just don't wake up earlier than normal to do so.

Today is a good day. Got NF yoga water B in (With Sra. Tanque, who was off for labor day). She then joined the Academy. Lunch was pork chops marinated in 1 tbsp water, the juice of half a cara cara orange, 1 tbsp smoked papkrika and 2 tbsp coffee grounds. This went with a salad of baby spinach, a chopped apple, a chopped cucumber, and a balsamic vinaigrette. 

• Like 9

SkyGirl   
On 8/30/2017 at 10:25 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Got some NF Yoga in

I've been super absent this month ...  :(  A quick review of the last couple of pages shows that you're doing well, as I would expect. Way to go adapting to the new routine, new lifestyle, etc. with such aplomb and good humor! (And hi again to Sra. Tanque on her first official challenge! I hope she knows how much we love her and how thrilled we are that she's here!)

Is NF Yoga only available through the Academy?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

Very sweet that you and Sra.Tanque do Yoga together.

It's always fun.

9 minutes ago, SkyGirl said:

I've been super absent this month ...  :(  A quick review of the last couple of pages shows that you're doing well, as I would expect. Way to go adapting to the new routine, new lifestyle, etc. with such aplomb and good humor! (And hi again to Sra. Tanque on her first official challenge! I hope she knows how much we love her and how thrilled we are that she's here!)

Is NF Yoga only available through the Academy?

No, Yoga is a separate purchase from The academy, I bought it two years ago, she bought the academy today. She doesn't have a forum username and isn't doing a challenge; she sees how much time I spend on it and has realized it would be best to wait till summer to do anything with the forums (She's a teacher).

• Like 4

SkyGirl   
32 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

No, Yoga is a separate purchase from The academy, I bought it two years ago

Gotcha ... so either way I don't have access to it. :P  It's okay!

33 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

she bought the academy today. She doesn't have a forum username and isn't doing a challenge; she sees how much time I spend on it and has realized it would be best to wait till summer to do anything with the forums (She's a teacher).

Yes, I'm sorry, I was speaking more generally ... I gathered that she wasn't on the forums yet. Teaching is incredibly demanding and she's smart not to divide her attention too much.  :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

She doesn't have a forum username and isn't doing a challenge; she sees how much time I spend on it and has realized it would be best to wait till summer to do anything with the forums (She's a teacher).

She is wise :) When I was in the midst of last year assignments and exams, my participation on here slumped quite a lot. There's just so many awesome people to follow!

• Like 1

Starpuck   

Omg... Sra Tanque here, on the forums some day.    Does she realize she will have an immediate Nerd Herd at her doorstep?  You might want to start bracing her for that now, lol!

Sounds like everything is going well boss.    Good to see!

• Like 7

17 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

Gotcha ... so either way I don't have access to it. :P  It's okay!

Yes, I'm sorry, I was speaking more generally ... I gathered that she wasn't on the forums yet. Teaching is incredibly demanding and she's smart not to divide her attention too much.  :) 

NF Yoga isn't expensive, I recommend it.

16 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

She is wise :) When I was in the midst of last year assignments and exams, my participation on here slumped quite a lot. There's just so many awesome people to follow!

It can be hard to keep up, I'm not following as many people as I was before the wedding.

50 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

Omg... Sra Tanque here, on the forums some day.    Does she realize she will have an immediate Nerd Herd at her doorstep?  You might want to start bracing her for that now, lol!

Sounds like everything is going well boss.    Good to see!

Thanks!

Today is a good day. Got my lifts in, 4x8x135 on bench (4 sets of 8) followed by a fifth set of 5 at 135, 4x8x130 on Squat followed by a 5th set of 2 at 130. I'm in the accumulation phase of the 8s in Juggernaut. Lunch/dinner was cube steak with mushroom paleo gravy and a side of zucchini and tomatoes. 

• Like 7

Xena   
On 9/4/2017 at 4:16 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Lunch was pork chops marinated in 1 tbsp water, the juice of half a cara cara orange, 1 tbsp smoked papkrika and 2 tbsp coffee grounds. This went with a salad of baby spinach, a chopped apple, a chopped cucumber, and a balsamic vinaigrette. 

Copied that one into my secret file of Tank recipes :-)

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Xena said:

Copied that one into my secret file of Tank recipes :-)

:D 

Today is a good day. I was pretty tired, so instead of a walk I got in another Yoga session (water B again). Did some police ministry, will do some more tomorrow. Started dinner early, it's a chuck roast with some beef broth in a crock pot.

But wait, there's more!

To that I added some homemade pesto (1 c fresh basil leaves, 3tbsp walnuts, 3tbsp olive oil, 2 cloves garlic, a juiced lemon, salt and pepper liquified in your magic bullet and rubbed on the beef before the broth is added), cook on low 7 hours in a crock pot. I'll serve it with some shredded brussels sprouts sauteed in avocado oil.

• Like 9

Stribs   
On 9/5/2017 at 0:05 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

It's always fun.

No, Yoga is a separate purchase from The academy, I bought it two years ago, she bought the academy today. She doesn't have a forum username and isn't doing a challenge; she sees how much time I spend on it and has realized it would be best to wait till summer to do anything with the forums (She's a teacher).

On 9/5/2017 at 2:24 AM, Rhovaniel said:

I agree, she is very wise!  Lol.  I have waaaay less time for it now than I did in the summer, but these forums are the first thing that have worked for me to stay consistent in ages, so I keep on sneaking in time.  Good for her having priorities. ha.

Glad you're enjoying the yoga and having good days.  And as always, your food sounds tasty!!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Stribs said:

I agree, she is very wise!  Lol.  I have waaaay less time for it now than I did in the summer, but these forums are the first thing that have worked for me to stay consistent in ages, so I keep on sneaking in time.  Good for her having priorities. ha.

Glad you're enjoying the yoga and having good days.  And as always, your food sounds tasty!!

Thanks! Last night I ended up using a variance, we went to a small group with our church and there was food there. Totally worth it.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

:D watching too many adverts are you?

Glad things are going well everywhere.

;) 

Yesterday was a good day. I lifted which finally got rid of the DOMS from Squats on Tuesday. Yesterday was Deadlift 4x8x185, 3x185, OHP, 4x8x75, 5x75, and Lat pull downs, 5x8x70.

I made a hash with the leftover beef from Wednesday, adding sweet potato, onion and red bell pepper. I served it with brocolli slaw dressed with olive oil, apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper, garlic powder and mustard. I got a lot of Domsetic Rangering done too.

• Like 8

On 9/8/2017 at 8:20 AM, QuietRiotGrrrl said:

I can't think of housework, without Queen popping into my head.  This music video changed my brain forever.  That said, I more picture you cleaning by pulling out your shining sword and bidding the darkness or dirt and grime to leave your home and never return.  

Good job cleansing your home of evil, Tank.  Keep it up.

I would not be above such a thing if it were permitted. I'm pretty sure, however, I have not been given my divine abilities to make short work of cleaning my apartment ;) 

This challenge went pretty well for being my first one back from the honeymoon.

Here are my results:

8 Lift Days: :D 

:tranquil::tranquil::tranquil::tranquil::tranquil::tranquil::tranquil::tranquil:

6 Walk Days :apthy:

:tranquil: :tranquil::tranquil: _ _ _

6 Yoga Sessions :) 

:tranquil: :tranquil::tranquil::tranquil::tranquil:  _

No more than 3 Variances in a Week :) 

:apathy:|:(|:tranquil:| :tranquil:

Domestic Rangering :D 

:tranquil:|:tranquil:|:tranquil:| :tranquil:

There are two areas where I am struggling: Getting in a workout on Friday and eating. I'm eating too much, whether it's making variances too big, or eating too many calories, even if they are paleo. I have not lost a lot of ground, but I am heavier than I was before the wedding, and it would have been doable to get close to pre wedding weight. I am now working on the balance between not beating myself up (What would the point be of that?) and being focused on being a healthy weight. In the grand scheme of things, locking in the eating is far more efficacious for my weight goals. For those interested in how I do next time, here is my new challenge:

• Like 10