Hazard Rebirth: The second evolution

5 minutes ago, Hazard said:

It'd been six days since my last squatting.  

I feel like this sounds like a confessional. 

Image result for confessional gif

Also you are a great GL! 

• Thanks 1

GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

10 minutes ago, Jonesy said:
19 minutes ago, Hazard said:

It'd been six days since my last squatting. 

I feel like this sounds like a confessional. 

Omg... lol!  It does!

14 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

Also you are a great GL! 

:).  Thanks.   

• Like 1

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano

Confessional?  It is just you re-affirming your awesomeness by showing no fear in telling others that you are succumbing to your mortal elements and then displaying a graph to make sure that they understand the power you are truly dealing with  in the tonnage you have already pushed toward the heavens.

Unless this is the squatting you are talking about having trouble with.

• Haha 1

TANSTAAFL!   

What is not gained through labor is paid for in pride!

STR 8/DEX 4/CON 6/INT 8/WIS 8/CHA 6

BATTLE LOG: GREG T and The Temple Of Fe

Greg T. Proclaims " To mediocrity and Beyond! 2018"

GregT MFP Food Diary

GregT's Spotify Lists

I walked 7.57 miles today.  The Middle Earth weather turned wet as we continued making our way deeper into the steeps of the Trollshaws.

As of this morning, I've lost exactly 8 lbs in the last 28 days (4 weeks), and somewhere between 3/4 to 1 inch off my waist. So averaged 2 lbs per week for the last month.  And averaged a little under, but close to, a 1/4 inch per week.

• Like 3

I Stand With Gina Carano

Great job Hazard.  That is an excellent target rate of loss.  have you noticed any changes like more spring in your step, less knee pain on stairs etc?

• Thanks 1

TANSTAAFL!   

GregT MFP Food Diary

GregT's Spotify Lists

9 hours ago, GregT. said:

have you noticed any changes like more spring in your step, less knee pain on stairs etc?

Kinda sorta.  Knee pain on stairs hasn't really been an issue for me in a long time.  I've built up enough strength in the musculature which supports the knees that walking up or down a flight of stairs isn't a big enough stressor to cause my knees pain.

am starting to feel noticeably lighter.   Which does put a 'Spring in my Step'.

My weight has gone down and up and down and up several times over the last few years, within a range of 174 lbs - 207 lbs.  So the experience of getting smaller isn't new to me.  I'm definitely going to feel lighter and more springy as my weight decreases.  

I'll also feel less "solid".  Which is historically my big struggle.  I don't like feeling less solid.  I was skinny as a kid, and have "former skinny guy syndrome".  Feeling less solid makes me feel like the world can shove me around.  My plan has been to do slow bulking with periodic short cuts, once my waist gets small.   But every time I've cut my waist down, I've ended up adding the weight back on too fast because of feeling too skinny.  And while I get a bit of muscle growth during fast weight gain, I also gain waaaaay too much fat back.

What I planned to do years ago, and still plan to do now, is get my waist small again and then slowly, progressively, grow muscle tissue while keeping my waist trim.  Ultimately, my longterm big Main Quest aesthetically is to get as muscularly big as I think is reasonable for my lifestyle, while keeping a relatively small waist (under 32" for sure; possibly closer to 30").

After I've gotten my waist small, and then built up the muscle tissue, I estimate I'll be around 190-195 lbs.   Which is just a few pounds less than I'm at now.  But with the strength that comes from growing another 40 lbs of muscle, I'm guessing I'll have plenty of spring in my step even weighing in the low 190s. :)  

• Like 1

I Stand With Gina Carano

10 hours ago, Hazard said:

I walked 7.57 miles today.  The Middle Earth weather turned wet as we continued making our way deeper into the steeps of the Trollshaws.

Now you can use that calculus book as an umbrella! So many uses. Lol

Fantastic job losing that 1 inch off your waist!

• Thanks 1

GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

Wow my battery's drained.  I just spent several hours drafting a reply to a PM for the L1 guild.  Yeeaah.  I can spend 15 minutes just fussing over word-choice when drafting a two-sentence reply to someone's forum post.  There's a reason I never actually became a novelist, even though I used to think I might be good at it:  I'd be like George R.R. Martin -- fussing so much over every little detail that the book series would never get finished! :lol: 

Hopefully getting more walking in will bring my energy back up.  And maybe a Pepsi. :P 

• Like 2

I Stand With Gina Carano

Hazard, you're a good egg and a good GL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

7 hours ago, Hazard said:

I'd be like George R.R. Martin -- fussing so much over every little detail that the book series would never get finished!

Just reading that sentence caused my heart rate to spike.  It's been 6 years, George, how long is this going to take!!! /rant

If they don't like your GLing over there, we will happily have you back ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

44 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

Just reading that sentence caused my heart rate to spike.  It's been 6 years, George, how long is this going to take!!! /rant

If he dies first, we'll just get Brandon Sanderson to finish the series.  He will, of course, insert his own obligatory new POV character that readers have never seen in the series before and won't give a lick about.  But at least we'll get an ending.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I Stand With Gina Carano

I covered another 5.46 miles today.  The hills in the Trollshaws have become higher and steeper, which must have slowed me down.  And it's still raining.

Today was the third morning in a row that my Little Love woke me more than an hour early.  Booger.  I really hope she has a peaceful full sleep tonight, so I can get one too.

• Like 2

I Stand With Gina Carano

12 hours ago, Hazard said:

Kinda sorta.  Knee pain on stairs hasn't really been an issue for me in a long time.  I've built up enough strength in the musculature which supports the knees that walking up or down a flight of stairs isn't a big enough stressor to cause my knees pain.

am starting to feel noticeably lighter.   Which does put a 'Spring in my Step'.

My weight has gone down and up and down and up several times over the last few years, within a range of 174 lbs - 207 lbs.  So the experience of getting smaller isn't new to me.  I'm definitely going to feel lighter and more springy as my weight decreases.  

I'll also feel less "solid".  Which is historically my big struggle.  I don't like feeling less solid.  I was skinny as a kid, and have "former skinny guy syndrome".  Feeling less solid makes me feel like the world can shove me around.  My plan has been to do slow bulking with periodic short cuts, once my waist gets small.   But every time I've cut my waist down, I've ended up adding the weight back on too fast because of feeling too skinny.  And while I get a bit of muscle growth during fast weight gain, I also gain waaaaay too much fat back.

What I planned to do years ago, and still plan to do now, is get my waist small again and then slowly, progressively, grow muscle tissue while keeping my waist trim.  Ultimately, my longterm big Main Quest aesthetically is to get as muscularly big as I think is reasonable for my lifestyle, while keeping a relatively small waist (under 32" for sure; possibly closer to 30").

After I've gotten my waist small, and then built up the muscle tissue, I estimate I'll be around 190-195 lbs.   Which is just a few pounds less than I'm at now.  But with the strength that comes from growing another 40 lbs of muscle, I'm guessing I'll have plenty of spring in my step even weighing in the low 190s. :)  

Sounds like you have a great image developed and a plan to get there.  I have an image but have not wordsmith it out yet.  I was once where I wanted to be and let it slip away, I have no physical pictures of how I was then (lost to storm surge) but a good mental one.   Looking forward to hearing more of your journey, and hopefully using it to fuel my own.

• Like 2

TANSTAAFL!   

GregT MFP Food Diary

GregT's Spotify Lists

9 hours ago, Hazard said:

Thanks. :) 

Now, what do I need to bribe you with to get you to turn off your Tapatalk advertisement? :D 

all you had to do was point it out to me! :)

• Thanks 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

2 hours ago, Hazard said:

Pssh.  You're too easy.  I would've asked for brownies.

OMG BROWNIES I can't believe I caved too soon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

If they don't like your GLing over there, we will happily have you back ;)

Image result for vigorous nodding gif

• Like 2

GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

HFC for Life!

5.46 miles today, same as yesterday.  Only 8 steps difference.  Life is weird.  In any case, we reached a ridge we had to climb, but the slope beyond the ridge was easier going.  While on the ridge Strider spotted the Loudwater in the distance.  We've come across a trail that we'll follow tomorrow.

I've had four nights in a row of Little Love waking up too early.  The sleep deprivation was mounting.  There are no nap options most days.  As the primary parent in the house, The Dude abides.   But Mrs H had no work today.  My body must have sensed the opportunity.  I laid down in the early afternoon to relax for a few minutes of peace, and woke up five hours later.  Mrs H, bless her, had noticed and let me sleep undisturbed.  

I woke from a silly dream though.  I was sheltering from a hurricane, inside a warehouse-style cinderblock building that for some reason was a Planet Fitness. :numbness:.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I Stand With Gina Carano

I walked 11.33 miles more on my journey to Mordor.  I've finally made it to another interesting site in the story.  I found Bilbo's trolls.  There's not really much to this scene in The Fellowship of the Ring novel.  But I think it's neat that Tolkien had the next generation of hobbits happen upon a monument of the previous generation's adventure.  In any event, I continued on my way and made it out of the Trollshaws, reconnecting with the Great East Road. 

tumblr_mj4iy1NtUw1rlwxgio2_500.gif

• Like 2

I Stand With Gina Carano

Nice leg of the journey.  Glad you we not roasted.  I need to go back through your posts and see how you came up with the walkabout idea. 

• Like 1

TANSTAAFL!   

GregT MFP Food Diary

GregT's Spotify Lists