Hazard Rebirth: The second evolution

4 hours ago, Hazard said:

This is my daughter right after her first heart surgery.

That looks super scary :o  I hope the surgery was successful and that she is recovering fully.  When are the other 2 surgeries?

• Like 2
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

1 minute ago, WhiteGhost said:

That looks super scary :o  I hope the surgery was successful and that she is recovering fully.

She’s almost 19 months old now.

5 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

When are the other 2 surgeries?

The second heart surgery was performed at 5 months old.  There’s debate among cardiologists when the best time for the third one is.  Sometime between 3 - 8 years old.

• Like 2

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano

7 minutes ago, Hazard said:

She’s almost 19 months old now.

OK, I seemed to remember she was more than a year old, but the picture scared away the rational part of my brain and I went into panic mode :) 

I think my nephew may have had that or something similar.  He had a few heart surgeries as an infant and then a follow up at 6.  My brother explained the cause, but not in a way that I could understand...

• Like 2

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

1 hour ago, Hazard said:

The second heart surgery was performed at 5 months old.  There’s debate among cardiologists when the best time for the third one is.  Sometime between 3 - 8 years old.

I am glad I do not have to worry about this at all.  Just looking at it makes me understand some of your drive Hazard.   I am glad that the surgeries to this point have been successful.  I am confident that the final surgery will be as well.

• Like 3

TANSTAAFL!   

What is not gained through labor is paid for in pride!

STR 8/DEX 4/CON 6/INT 8/WIS 8/CHA 6

BATTLE LOG: GREG T and The Temple Of Fe

Greg T. Proclaims " To mediocrity and Beyond! 2018"

GregT MFP Food Diary

GregT's Spotify Lists

Keep it up Hazard!  With 21 days remaining you have completed : 243.01 Miles and 73.64 % of the challenge.

Danger may await upon return to the surface!

File-Witchking_and_Fell_beast_(1980)-1-.

• Like 1

TANSTAAFL!   

GregT MFP Food Diary

GregT's Spotify Lists

I walked 2.33 miles yesterday.  

And 8.99 miles today.  We have reached the Chamber or Mazarbul and found the tomb of Balin, one of Bilbo’s Dwarf companions from his adventure to the Lonely Mountain.

If you know the story, you know what happens next.   “They are coming....”

ebe870ee162805915544bc4c0c2e84be.jpg

• Like 4

I Stand With Gina Carano

Had an emergency.  My daughter has a gastric tube, and it broke inside her.  Our local hospital’s pediatric ER tried, but couldn’t fix it.  We had to take her to Atlanta.   Lots of driving.  Lots of being in tiny rooms waiting for various medical personnel to “check vitals”, repeatedly, while asking us the same questions that we just answered for each previous person.  But eventually they got her fixed up.  We’re all good now.

Here’s my walking mileage for the last few days:

Friday I walked 0.88 miles.

Saturday I walked 1.96 miles

Today I caught back up some, walking 6.65 miles.

Storywise, a lot happened in those miles.  We had the attack of the orcs with the cave trolls, whereupon the Company discovers Frodo has secretly been wearing mithril armor he received as a gift from Bilbo.  Then after descending 7 levels of stairs, we reached the first bridge over Durin’s Deep.  The infamous bridge.  Here, the Balrog catches us and attacks.  

fd298a0cc05a820185233ca7f5e3019f2fe4560f

Gandalf fights and sends the Balrog into the chasm, only to be dragged along with it himself.   The rest of our Company escapes Moria via the East Gate, pausing briefly to grieve the loss of Gandalf, then makes our way down the mountain past Durin’s Stone, the Mirrormere, and the Silverlode.

In other news, I fired up the My Fitness Pal app.  I intend to make a habit of using it again come the new year.  I won’t be able to track food accurately over the holidays, but I’m trying to get a few days of practice in this week to get back into the mindset of doing it.  First thing I did was go into the My Foods section of the app and create food entries for the dozen-ish things I most commonly eat, so I know the nutritonal info for those things will be correct.

Here’s today’s summary:

Calories: 2,305

(macro grams)

Protein: 238

Carbs: 241

Fats: 42

Percentages don’t really matter.  But for the curious, that works out to roughly 41% (P), 42% (C), 16% (F).

• Like 3

I Stand With Gina Carano

3 minutes ago, Hazard said:

I fired up the My Fitness Pal app

Cool on MFP.  My link for mine is in the signature section.  Please feel free to add me as a friend.  I am going to do whole 30 Starting Jan, 2018.  I am going to vio0late one of the rules and keep doing the logging.  I am not going to be strict in the amount, I just want to see how it was comparing to what I was doing previously.  I am a big numbers guy so, doing spreadsheets and such is actually fun for me.

Good Job on the walking however I looked at your previous walks and I have you doing 8.99 miles on Friday not .88 as you have in the current post.

I am glad that you were able to get your little one fixed up.  I hope that she heals well and is free from any other surgeries until it is time to take that tube out completely.

• Like 1

TANSTAAFL!   

GregT MFP Food Diary

GregT's Spotify Lists

2 minutes ago, Hazard said:

Timezones

this is what I have so far for the 10th to 17th, does it look right?

10-Dec 02.13mi
11-Dec 06.36mi
12-Dec 03.72mi
13-Dec 01.44mi
14-Dec 02.33mi
15-Dec 08.99mi
16-Dec 01.96mi
17-Dec 06.65mi

TANSTAAFL!   

GregT MFP Food Diary

GregT's Spotify Lists

29 minutes ago, Hazard said:

Had an emergency.  My daughter has a gastric tube, and it broke inside her.  Our local hospital’s pediatric ER tried, but couldn’t fix it.  We had to take her to Atlanta.   Lots of driving.  Lots of being in tiny rooms waiting for various medical personnel to “check vitals”, repeatedly, while asking us the same questions that we just answered for each previous person.  But eventually they got her fixed up.  We’re all good now.

Yikes, that must have been super scary.  Glad that they were able to get her all fixed up :) 

• Thanks 1

Level 2 Ninja

I'm so glad your daughter will be okay. My heart stopped while reading that. I can't imagine what it was like for you and your wife. Much love to the three of you.

And glad to see you get back into the swing of things once things calmed down. I think I'd need a day or two.

As for MFP, friend link in my sig if you're looking for any!

• Thanks 1
22 hours ago, GregT. said:

this is what I have so far for the 10th to 17th, does it look right?

10-Dec 02.13mi
11-Dec 06.36mi
12-Dec 03.72mi
13-Dec 01.44mi
14-Dec 02.33mi
15-Dec 08.99mi
16-Dec 01.96mi
17-Dec 06.65mi

Dec 10 - Dec 15 on your list were Dec 9 - Dec 14 for me in my timezone. 

06 Dec - 08.35mi

07 Dec - 01.57mi

08 Dec - 06.78mi

09 Dec - 02.13mi

10 Dec - 06.36mi

11 Dec - 03.72mi

12 Dec - 01.44mi

13 Dec - 02.33mi

14 Dec - 08.99mi

15 Dec - 00.88mi  <<<

16 Dec - 01.96mi

17 Dec - 06.65mi

I Stand With Gina Carano

29 minutes ago, Hazard said:

Walked 2.79 miles today.  Monday, Dec 18th 

I am off somewhere.  I tis ok it is a small matter.  You are going to go way over anyway.  you have 13 days to go and I have you 46 miles from finish.  You need to average 3.5 miles a day to hit the number.  You are averaging 5.22 right now, over the entire challenge so you should do great.

Keep it up Hazard!

• Thanks 1

TANSTAAFL!   

GregT MFP Food Diary

GregT's Spotify Lists

I’ve been fiddling with my meals, relearning what works for me.  Seems like I might do best when I allocate a good number of calories to having a big breakfast.  It woke me up faster, got my energy levels up quicker, has made me feel better/happier, and got me active earlier in the day.  

When I tested a more equal distribution of calories across 5 smaller meals for the day, I was sluggish in the mornings and early afternoons, and didn’t really start having good energy until toward the evenings.

By contrast I ate 1,250 calories for breakfast today ((101g prot — 173g carbs (19g fiber) — 18g fat)) and a little over an hour later I was virtually bouncing on my toes, itching to do something physical, and jumped into a strength training session.  

A few hours later,  it’s 1pm-ish, and I still feel reasonably well-fed from the breakfast.  Not hungry.  Probably won’t eat again for at least a few more hours.

In other news, I’m working up my plan for 2018.  

The basic setup is simplistic.  I’ll have my Big Boss (Main Quest) for the year.  And periodic checks (mini-bosses) to help keep me focused and on-track.  I have a Bad Habit of getting caught up in my side-quests at the expense of my Main Quests.  It holds me back from getting where I want to go.  Gotta nip that in the bud.

• Like 4

I Stand With Gina Carano