Unexpected Treadmill Woot!

So I joined NF and swore that I was going to try new things (mainly lifting) and stay away from things that had never worked in the past: mostly wandering around the gym like a lost puppy staring at the machines like they were alien technology before retreating to the treadmill.   Today after work, I was supposed to meet a friend who teaches a few weight lifting classes at the Y so she could help me with finding a good place to start while teaching me correct form.  Well, right about the time I pull up to the gym, she texts me that she is broken down on the side of the road, and can't make it.  Well, I'm already there and dressed, so I go anyway (victory number 1, lol).  I had done pretty well the last few days with the kettlebell, but the weights section was super crowded and I wasn't feeling like competing for space with people who obviously know what they're doing while I'm a huge noob, so I figured I would just hit the treadmill so at least my time wasn't wasted.

So I did some walking, then I amped it up a bit faster, running a bit when the treadmill wasn't on an incline.  So after a while I was feeling pretty good already, but then I looked down at the time (28ish minutes) and saw that I only had a little bit left to get to 2 miles.  All the sudden, I really wanted that 2 miles in under 30 minutes.  So I amped it up again and ran like hell for about a minute and a half, and I made it at like 29:58.  I think the dude on the treadmill next to me thought I was trying to kill myself with fitness (It probably wasn't pretty) but I did it.  I hate running, I'm terrible at it, but I pushed through all that to achieve a 15 minute mile and man did it feel good, because if I can do that with stuff I don't enjoy, it should only get better with things I find that I like. :)

• Like 2

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Human Bard: CON 2, WIS 5, INT 1, CHA 2

Current Challenge: Nova Levels Up (and maybe doesn't abandon a challenge...)