This Jetta is getting a tuneup

Hello all,

This is my attempt at my Battlelog.  I have been lurking for about 2 weeks now and I am super excited to get started here.  Everyone is so positive and there are so many awesome ways to keep us all pumped up to level up our lives.  

I will be starting my first 4-week challenge next week on August 12, 2017.  

Challenge #1 will be

DIET

• Have a green smoothie every morning for breakfast to get my day started right. (recipe below)
  • No meat
  • Log every meal

FITNESS

• Complete the NF Bodyweight program 3x a week.
  • Take at least a 5 minute walk each day.

LEVEL UP YOUR LIFE

• Put $14 a paycheck into savings (Equal to $1 a day)

Green smoothie recipe

I saw one person post their starting pictures of themselves on their Battlelog and after much thought, I have decided to do the same.  I feel like even if no one reads this at all, it will help me feel accountable for myself and to see a log of my progress throughout my journey.  Sooooo... Here they are:   OK, nevermind.  I can't seem to update them because the file is too large.  Pictures coming soon....

To quote Steve Kamb "To complete the “Walk to Mordor” quest, you don’t actually have to walk 1779 miles."

However, I AM going to do this.  Every time I make at least my 5 minute walk, I will track it with Map my run and track my quest to walk to Mordor. 

Looks like my first stop is Rivendell. 458 miles.

I made a new thread for this for myself to help me keep track easily.

So far, I've been doing pretty good on the challenge.  Still super pumped about it.  And because they are smaller things, I am not feeling so overwhelmed.  I feel like my goals are actually in my grasp this time, which is so exciting!

I logged all of the things I ate today, like a good girl and was surprised at how many calories and bad stuff are in TWIZZLERS.  I mean, I can easily read the back of the package, but all of these years and growing up I read the front of the package that said "fat free as always" and just assumed that it was a great simple snack.  WRONG!!  I had 10 twizzlers and it was over 400 calories.  Just shocking to me. And I guess that is the point of the challenge to keep track of your food.  

Also, I did my first day of a workout.  I took the calibration and it put me at level 2.  However, I chose to step down to level 1 (I am a completionist and want to beat every boss AND I want to succeed so figured starting as easy as possible just to get the habit started seemed like the best plan of action for me)

I noticed a few things, but mostly about the warm up.  I did the recommended warm up:

• 30 second High Knees
  • 25 Jumping Jacks
  • 10 Bodyweight squats
  • 30 seconds of Arm Circles (forward and backward)
  • 10 incline push ups
  • 10 Fence steppers (Each leg)
  • 10 front leg swings (each leg)
  • 10 side leg swings (each leg)
  • 10 bodyweight lunges
  • 10 cat camels
  • 10 Hip extensions

This was way more intense for me than the actual workout.  And I felt some strange popping in my hips and lower back and knees when doing certain ones (especially the fence stepper).  It was not painful, but felt strange and made it hard for me to keep doing the exercise.

The actual exercise was fine and at first I thought was too easy, but turned out to be a good level for me to start with

3 sets of each

• Assisted bodyweight squats - 10 reps
  • Elevated pushups - 10 reps
  • Doorway bodyweight row - 10 reps

I was supposed to follow with the Farmers walk (30+ second trips) But i completely forgot in my excitement of completing my first workout. Ha ha.  

So all in all, i feel pretty good about it and will write again on Thursday after my next workout.

• Like 1

I posted in my challenge log and this is my log:

Since this is my first "attempt" at a challenge, I am not too worried, but I have not kept to all of the challenges I set for myself.  I guess I set a few too many.  However, i have seen some good habits forming so i have very hopeful for my next challenge and I will continue to go for this challenge also.  

Even though I am not doing as well as I expected at my challenge, I am still very hopeful and excited for the coming 4-week challenges.  

I also switched my walk log app to RunKeeper because rather than MapMyWalk I can set a goal of distance (which comes in mighty handy for that walk to Mordor)