• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Panthergurl

Jetta's FIRST 4-week challenge

This is my first 4-week challenge.  Super excited for this.  Starting a little early because I'm ready to dive in.  Here it is

DIET

• Have a green smoothie every morning for breakfast to get my day started right. (recipe below)
  • No meat
  • Log every thing that I eat

FITNESS

• Complete the NF Bodyweight program 3x a week.
  • Walk at least 5 minutes per day

LEVEL UP YOUR LIFE

• Put $14 a paycheck into savings (Equal to $1 a day)

Green smoothie recipe

• Like 6

Welcome to the first challenge! Love the savings goal. And I'm a fellow food logger, too. Good luck on everything - it looks like a well-rounded set of goals :)

• Like 1

Hey Jetta, welcome to NF! Your challenge goals look great. Let us know what you need in terms of support, and how often you're planning to update your thread, so we can do our best to help keep you accountable. :)

• Like 2

So far, I've been doing pretty good on the challenge.  Still super pumped about it.  And because they are smaller things, I am not feeling so overwhelmed.  I feel like my goals are actually in my grasp this time, which is so exciting!

I logged all of the things I ate today, like a good girl and was surprised at how many calories and bad stuff are in TWIZZLERS.  I mean, I can easily read the back of the package, but all of these years and growing up I read the front of the package that said "fat free as always" and just assumed that it was a great simple snack.  WRONG!!  I had 10 twizzlers and it was over 400 calories.  Just shocking to me. And I guess that is the point of the challenge to keep track of your food.  

@Wobbegong I believe I will be checking in at least twice a week.  Thank for checking up on me :D

• Like 5

1 hour ago, jettafreak4 said:

I logged all of the things I ate today, like a good girl and was surprised at how many calories and bad stuff are in TWIZZLERS.  I mean, I can easily read the back of the package, but all of these years and growing up I read the front of the package that said "fat free as always" and just assumed that it was a great simple snack.  WRONG!!  I had 10 twizzlers and it was over 400 calories.  Just shocking to me. And I guess that is the point of the challenge to keep track of your food.

This happened to me a lot back when I first tracked my food. One of the things I've learned is that "reduced fat" and "fat-free" doesn't automatically mean fewer calories. Most places just replace the fat with sugar! (Or, like in the case of twizzlers, it was always just mostly sugar.)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jettafreak4 said:

2 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

This happened to me a lot back when I first tracked my food. One of the things I've learned is that "reduced fat" and "fat-free" doesn't automatically mean fewer calories. Most places just replace the fat with sugar! (Or, like in the case of twizzlers, it was always just mostly sugar.)

Yeah, "mostly sugar, as always" doesn't have the same ring to it  ;) 

FWIW, I found that after logging my food for a while I developed a much better ability to estimate things just from having more experience. So then it becomes easier to avoid such surprises.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, jettafreak4 said:

So far, I've been doing pretty good on the challenge.  Still super pumped about it.  And because they are smaller things, I am not feeling so overwhelmed.  I feel like my goals are actually in my grasp this time, which is so exciting!

That's the aim! Basic goals you can easily achieve that gradually build as you grow with them, sounds like you've got a really good start with it! 

How's the smoothie going? And how are you doing having every morning for breakfast? I used to have a banana one for about three months, but then got really bored of it and haven't drunk it in about six months. :P Variety is important and really good for you, so don't be afraid to mix it up with a couple different veggies/fruits each time.

• Like 2

On 8/9/2017 at 10:08 AM, IAmInfinite said:

That's the aim! Basic goals you can easily achieve that gradually build as you grow with them, sounds like you've got a really good start with it! 

How's the smoothie going? And how are you doing having every morning for breakfast? I used to have a banana one for about three months, but then got really bored of it and haven't drunk it in about six months. :P Variety is important and really good for you, so don't be afraid to mix it up with a couple different veggies/fruits each time.

Hello.  The smoothie is going great!  I've been having it every morning for breakfast but making it the night before (which sounds gross but I get up rather early for work and I don't want to wake the family up with the blender :P )  I will take your advice and switch the smoothie up every once in awhile.  the main thing for me is to make sure that I get plenty of spinach or greens in it because I don't eat a lot of those good veggies throughout the day, even though they are the ones that make me feel the best.

• Like 2

On 8/13/2017 at 11:28 PM, Severine said:

How was your weekend? Sometimes I find it's a lot harder to keep calories down over the weekend...is it the same for you?

yes it's definitley much harder on the weekends to keep the calories down and to keep to the same kind of schedule.  

• Like 1

Since this is my first "attempt" at a challenge, I am not too worried, but I have not kept to all of the challenges I set for myself.  I guess I set a few too many.  However, i have seen some good habits forming so i have very hopeful for my next challenge and I will continue to go for this challenge also.  

How many "goals" per challenge do y'all choose to do?  I think my next one will be only one or two goals at a time.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jettafreak4 said:

How many "goals" per challenge do y'all choose to do?  I think my next one will be only one or two goals at a time.  

I usually do three, four, or five. Sometimes more than that. But those challenges usually don't end well. It depends a lot on how much I can handle at the time. And how hard they are. Too many hard goals doesn't end well for me either. I try to stick to one hard goal, and then have a few easy goals.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jettafreak4 said:

Since this is my first "attempt" at a challenge, I am not too worried, but I have not kept to all of the challenges I set for myself.  I guess I set a few too many.  However, i have seen some good habits forming so i have very hopeful for my next challenge and I will continue to go for this challenge also.  

I normally do 2-3. I try and do one "easy" one, like a habit I have mostly down but want to keep up with, and then at least one goal that's a little harder. 

An easy one that i tend to do is drinking enough water every day. Really simple, but if I dont have it I tend to forget. 

No need to do all the things all at once!

• Like 2

On 8/17/2017 at 6:00 PM, jettafreak4 said:

I literally have one super simple goal this challenge, because Real Life happened and anything more would have been a recipe for failure. I usually try to do 4, I think? It's been a while since I've had a really normal challenge. Basically just play around with it month to month til you find something that works for you. :)

Where are you struggling? Is there anything we can help with?

• Like 1

On 8/27/2017 at 1:43 PM, fleaball said:

Hey @jettafreak4 I'm back to bug you! Can we help you with anything? Can we celebrate your successes with you? Should we just post random cat gifs til you come back?

anigif_enhanced-buzz-19943-1409843037-25

• Like 1

@fleaball  I just wanted to say thank you for checking in so many times after I obviously bailed on this challenge over a year ago now.  I am back to attempt this again and will be starting a new challenge soon.  Love the cat gif and you can always feel free to post those randomly on my challenges because I am a total cat lady!

• Like 1