Snarkyfishguts has a little fun

Snarkyfishguts

giphy.gif

I took a break from challenges for a while. It was a really great time away for me to really wallow in a fantastic existential crisis. 

I got swept up in trying to be perfect, and live perfectly, and SO MANY RULES. It wasn't fun. It became really unhealthy, self-destructive and it's hard to improve your life when you really hate the way you live it. Soo.... here's a baby Moana!

tenor.gif

OMIGOSH SHE'S SO ADORABLE!!!!

I had to make new long-term goals, but also I realized that the weight of a BIG goal is too much, and that it's okay to have a challenge that is not really about those goals. I just want to remember that this isn't drudgery, or a quest to be perfect. I just want to live my life and be okay with who I am and love those near me. And laugh more. Basically, I want to be Moana's Grandmother someday :) 

source.gif

So back to the challenge goals:

Goal 1: Spend 15 minutes dancing every day. Doesn't matter what kind of dancing. Just dance.

Goal 2. Spend 10 minutes stretching and quieting my mind.

Goal 3. Don't try to be perfect. Missed days are okay. Just celebrate something good about that day and move forward. :)

Here we go!!

• Like 7

Following for funsies!

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

13 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Doesn't matter what kind of dancing. Just dance.

I know it doesn't matter, but give us some examples please - also, have you ever done any dance classes?  (I haven't, and this sounds fun but I wouldn't know what to do!)

Enjoy your challenge! :D  

• Like 1

Level 16 Warrior Druidess

Walk FROM Mordor   Challenges: Current (#17)   Previous (#1-16)

Keto:  https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/keto      Fasting:  https://idmprogram.com/tag/fasting/

13 hours ago, Emma said:

I'm giving up on the BIG goals too. It is just overwhelming sometimes. 

Dance away and be perfectly imperfect. 

Thank you very much Emma!! :D  We can enjoy our genuine selves :D 

10 hours ago, LadyShello said:

Following for funsies!

Yay!! Funsies for all!!

4 hours ago, deftona said:

Following! 

I feel like she's doing more posing than dancing in this video. Which maybe it's like Hangover Yoga with Lady Gaga :D Also, I secretly love this song, not so secretly anymore. Oh look! now there's inflatable whale humping. ewwww.

1 hour ago, Vibrantella said:

I know it doesn't matter, but give us some examples please - also, have you ever done any dance classes?  (I haven't, and this sounds fun but I wouldn't know what to do!)

Enjoy your challenge! :D  

YES! I've taken classes for tap, ballet, and jazz as a kid and belly dancing as an adult. I also have videos for belly dancing, hula dancing, and Bollywood styles. Which are all fun! I also enjoy muppet flailing to some fun music.  :D 

• Like 3

SNARKY! I've been wondering where you went. Following along. :)

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 47

2021 challenges:  46 | 4748 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | |

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

The challenge started already? Saturday? This weekend I was deep in family stuff and out of town traveling. I am home finally and ready to challenge away. Dancing and quiet reflection and stretching have been accomplished. :) I did stretch this weekend and take some cleansing breaths, but I'm already starting the challenge imperfectly, so I feel like we should celebrate.

tenor.gif

awww yeah.

I'm pretty burned out right now from my long weekend with family. I love my family, and it was a nice time, but I definitely need some time to hide away and recover. The good part is I've announced a break from social media for the month to catch up on work and life, so I feel like I have a little breathing room to work, clean my space, and read a good book. 

giphy.gif

• Like 2

That triple sucks, Snarky.

Here's a trophy for longest migraine on record. 

[removed for space]

And just for good measure...

Spoiler

I have no idea why my computer insists on posting this twice but I don't see that as a problem. 

• Like 1

Spoiler

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

6 DAYS. 6 DAYS I HAD A MIGRAINE.  Today I just have a headache. This is like the after-migraine.

tumblr_omb1zaAF8T1vm2jf2o1_500.gif

My challenge was put on hold. I stretched sometimes, but I ended up spending most days feeling sorry for myself and trying to sleep as much as possible.  Sleep is wonderful.  This was a hormonal migraine. I usually get one for a day before my period, then maybe one in the middle or at the end. But my period decided to skip town this month, and the migraine stuck around for longer. Once I started my active BC pills again, the migraine reduced to a headache. Stupid, stupid hormones. 

I think I'm ready to take better care of myself.  :) I've spent a lot of time this year being sick, being depressed, and while I know that the migraines are hormone-related, but we all know fat stores hormones and losing some weight would really help. I feel like every time I feel better, I'm thrown in with my nephews and I get sick again. And while YES I AM NOT HAPPY about my brother's indifference to his own children's illnesses and exposing us to them all the time, this is the first year I've not really been able to fight off colds and flus. 

I don't want to go back to making my lifestyle a part of the monthly challenges. I've decided just to take up healthy eating and exercise as a part of my life and keep the challenges as something fun and extra to work for. I like the idea of practicing dancing, I like walking challenges, or even something that is restorative but I put off, like learning a new language, practicing that new yoga video, or knitting the awesome shawlette for fall.  I am working on balance, and I want to use NF to practice a healthier, less obsessive mindset :)

• Like 1

Have you considered any of the preventive migraine treatments like botox?

• Like 1

Spoiler

3 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

WHAT? No!!! I must look into this and ask my doctor questions!!

Yes you should!  I've heard of it as a treatment but mine aren't often enough nor last long enough to warrant the treatmen but yours seem to be escalating so its worth questioning.  

• Like 1

Spoiler

Another possibility for migraines - a colleague of mine got a daith piercing and it drastically reduced both the incidence and power of her migraines. Worth a shot?

• Like 1

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

On 8/26/2017 at 8:47 PM, DrFeelgood said:

Drat, another Druid sneaked past my radar.  Well I'm on board for the second half!

I am sneaky! Hi!!

On 8/27/2017 at 5:30 AM, deftona said:

Another possibility for migraines - a colleague of mine got a daith piercing and it drastically reduced both the incidence and power of her migraines. Worth a shot?

Mine are hormone-related....so I'm not sure? I'm not thrilled with the idea of piercings. I felt pretty daring when I got my second holes :-D 

• Like 2

THE REASON FOR MY MIGRAINE IS DISCOVERED

Well, actually, reasons.

1. Mouth pain. I had an old filling between my teeth get loose and food got impacted into my gum where the gap was, and it was beyond flossing's reach. Also, a new small cavity. Filling is redone, gums cleaned out and after a couple days of healing, my mouth feels SO MUCH BETTER.

2. Stress. The part of my headache above my eyebrow that shot back through my head started and throbbed anytime someone brought up a stressful topic, like Dad's blindness, or how disappointing some parts of life are. We stop talking, and the pain subsides. So. MORE deep breathing, and more time for relaxing activities that are pleasurable. 

3. Hormones. This part is still true. I'm back on a low-sugar diet to lose weight and diminish the impact of the hormonal migraines I get during that time of the month. If it helps, great! If not, then we'll look at d-r-u-g-s to help ease the pain.

So I started with a migraine, and then I had two head pains going on at the same time! AMAZING.

I've enjoyed this challenge. I think I'd like to increase the challenge level physically for next time. I haven't decided what though. There's time to think about it. :-)

giphy-downsized-large.gif

This is NOT the reason for my migraines :D

• Like 2

How could I not have followed this. Mistake corrected. Here for the last week!

Btw, love your goals and the theme :) 

• Like 1
Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

15 hours ago, DrFeelgood said:

Excellent news!

(High Fives across state lines)

6 hours ago, Terah said:

How could I not have followed this. Mistake corrected. Here for the last week!

Btw, love your goals and the theme :) 

Thanks for the follow and compliments :)  I really didn't put it out there that this challenge was here, so I expected nothing from anyone in the way of follows and stuff. I'm sneaking back in. SNEAKING, TERAH!! Also, I've followed people, but I've been crap at responding to anyone, so it alleviates my guilt when not much is happening here :)

raw

Baby Moana is so cute.

Today I replaced dancing with some strongs and stretches. I'm working on a personal project that is awesome but also kinda tedious so every 45 minutes I have to get up and MOVE or else I feel stabby. Stretch out the muscles then work them out and I can sit and work again for another 45 minutes. Cumulatively, I've got about 30 minutes of working out in. YAY!!!!

Well, back to work, eh? I hope your final week is going amazing. 

• Like 4

This challenge is Almost Over!

This week, I've done yoga, hiking, dancing, and some good old-fashioned body weight exercises. I also learned that aspartame can excite your brain cells to death, so no more diet soda for me! 

I'm struggling to find balance in being a supportive family member, and taking care of myself too. My dad's vision is worse and we're all going through a grieving process in dealing with the reality of his being almost blind. I spend a lot of time listening to feelings, comforting and running errands. But I feel like there's a scream in my chest that can't escape. I feel disconnected from my emotions right now, except for the building frustration inside of me. I deal with it by focusing on how much I love my family, and that gives me great comfort. I choose to be here for them. This is my choice. 

That being said, I've had a conversation with my folks that starting tomorrow (tonight is a family gathering, and I already said yes!) I'm going to make my health and work a priority. They are very supportive, and I don't think they fully comprehend that will change our daily routines. I'm going to follow a schedule that lets me work 6 hours a day. Which isn't too much. That still leaves me a lot of time to help out around here, but it does mean that I'm not going to be immediately available all the time. Which is healthier for all of us, really. None of us want me to be a personal assistant :) We all want me to get my stuff together so I can move on. It's just been a difficult time lately. But as many of you know, it seems like it's always a difficult time. I'm not really saying any of this really well, but I feel a lot better so thank you for listening and letting me share.

moving forward :) 

I am definitely going to have some new goals for the next challenge, and I am REALLY EXCITED about them. I think there will be DOMS. I think there will be sulking. And a lot of pride and empowerment, and happiness. :)

• Like 4