• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Vibrantella

Vibrantella's Summer Break

This challenge is going to be broken by our annual 2-week MIL visit / beach holiday, so here's what I have planned:

Weeks 0, 1 & 4

Food:

• keto (implies logging, mostly to keep protein under control)
  • IF 3 x week

Fitness:

• Gym/weights 3 x week
  • Walking to Mordor (work)

Weeks 2 & 3

Food:

• low carb/keto (no logging)
  • IF daily 16/8 (just black coffee for breakfast)

Fitness:

• daily swimming in the sea
  • 3 x week BW Tabata at home
  • investigate beach yoga
  • walking will also happen

Spoiler

Here be dragons...

Main quest: heal Insulin Resistance in order to manage Type 2 diabetes and shed excess fat - currently normal HbA1C and BMI of 27.3 (from 40)

Druidry: Certified Reiki Master Teacher, self-practitioner of EFT and EEM, observing nature

• Like 8

I love swimming! I wish the beaches here didn't suck so much. Walking on the beach in the evening is awesome! Looks like you have a good plan even when you're on vacation!

• Like 1

On 8/7/2017 at 9:04 AM, Vibrantella said:

investigate beach yoga

LOL I must be getting old because “beach yoga” made me think “ugh but there will be sand everywhere”. :P

• Like 2

On ‎08‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 1:58 PM, Taddea Zhaan said:

Here!

Great to see you! :D 

22 hours ago, elinox said:

Beach yoga would be even more relaxing than regular yoga! I hope you find a place to try it out!

I saw it last year, but we were with other people so I couldn't just go off and join the session.  I hope it's still in the same place!

20 hours ago, deathbyshiny said:

I wish the beaches here didn't suck so much.

In what way?

19 hours ago, Plazmotic said:

LOL I must be getting old because “beach yoga” made me think “ugh but there will be sand everywhere”. :P

Actually, there won't - beaches in Nice are pebbly, not sandy.  Even though it means lumpy, not soft, I prefer not to be covered with sand, and at least the stones are smooth... 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Vibrantella said:

Actually, there won't - beaches in Nice are pebbly, not sandy. 

Oooh! Hooray for pebbly beaches! Don't get me wrong I like sandy beaches too, but sometimes they are not very practical :P  

• Like 1

On 7-8-2017 at 3:04 PM, Vibrantella said:

daily swimming in the sea

That sounds lovely! I wish the sea was closer by where I live. Enjoy :) 

• Like 1

On 8/10/2017 at 8:15 AM, Vibrantella said:

In what way?

The beaches here are very rocky with eh water, very very very overcrowded, or private/too expensive. If I want to go to a decent beach, I have to go either out of state 2-3 hours or just go on vacation to an area where there are nice beaches. Which is too bad because I loooove walking around on a beach in the very early morning or evening.

• Like 1

On 12/08/2017 at 0:37 AM, deathbyshiny said:

just go on vacation to an area where there are nice beaches.

Yeah, some of us just have to do that!  There are worse ways to spend a vacation, I'm sure... ;)

On 10/08/2017 at 4:30 PM, Bookish Badger said:

Following!

:)

On 11/08/2017 at 8:25 AM, Terah said:

That sounds lovely! I wish the sea was closer by where I live. Enjoy :) 

Thanks!  So looking forward to it now!

On 11/08/2017 at 4:33 PM, Dagger said:

Following!

:)

For Week Zero, not a full house, I'm afraid!  On Wednesday we had an unexpected but important dinner invite to a friends' house a few hours away - this made me miss a gym session and stop the IF earlier than planned (but I kept to full keto, avoiding starches and sugars completely).  I had already filled all of my time with other social obligations, as one does before going away, so couldn't go to the gym another time.  Didn't help that I also have an injury that could be due to overtraining, or not, but I'll know more tomorrow when I see my GP.   Food = 85%, fitness = 66%

Today, I was feeling wobbly for a number of reasons, and almost decided to give up on the IF and go to a chicken shop to stuff my face in the half hour I had free between the gym and a Sci-Fi exhibition.  It's almost my holiday, I have fasted so much this summer, I deserve a break, some kind of comfort - all kinds of self-sabotage thoughts and more.   I was THIS close, but then I remembered I could tap on those feelings (EFT) and it helped. I haven't broken the fast.

• Like 6

16 hours ago, Vibrantella said:

I was THIS close, but then I remembered I could tap on those feelings (EFT) and it helped. I haven't broken the fast.

Okay so normally to me EFT means electronic funds transfer. In this context...emotional feelings transfer? :huh: I am puzzled!

3 hours ago, Severine said:

emotional feelings transfer?

Close... it stands for Emotional Freedom Technique, also called tapping.  It's a healing modality that's very practical and quick to learn.  I do it on myself (when I can remember!) but there are also therapists that can work with you.  It's especially good at breaking patterns or dealing with unwanted thoughts and emotions.

A couple of links, but there is a lot available out there:

https://www.thetappingsolution.com/what-is-eft-tapping/

https://www.emofree.com/eft-tutorial/tapping-basics/how-to-do-eft.html

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Vibrantella said:

It's especially good at breaking patterns or dealing with unwanted thoughts and emotions.

Because my mind is weird, this is what I think of whenever you mention tapping:

giphy.gif

• Haha 4

On 8/14/2017 at 5:09 PM, Vibrantella said:

Today, I was feeling wobbly for a number of reasons, and almost decided to give up on the IF and go to a chicken shop to stuff my face in the half hour I had free between the gym and a Sci-Fi exhibition.  It's almost my holiday, I have fasted so much this summer, I deserve a break, some kind of comfort - all kinds of self-sabotage thoughts and more.   I was THIS close, but then I remembered I could tap on those feelings (EFT) and it helped. I haven't broken the fast.

On 8/15/2017 at 0:48 PM, Vibrantella said:

Close... it stands for Emotional Freedom Technique, also called tapping.  It's a healing modality that's very practical and quick to learn.  I do it on myself (when I can remember!) but there are also therapists that can work with you.  It's especially good at breaking patterns or dealing with unwanted thoughts and emotions.

A couple of links, but there is a lot available out there:

https://www.thetappingsolution.com/what-is-eft-tapping/

https://www.emofree.com/eft-tutorial/tapping-basics/how-to-do-eft.html

Thank you for this information! I had heard it before but hadn't taken the time to read up about it. 

• Like 1

Well, Week 1 was more successful.  I kept to keto food, regular IF and 3 gym sessions as promised (total volume = 21 310 kg), despite having loads of extra things to finish off before my break, and seeing family and friends.  This included the pleasure of meeting @Dagger in real life, and walking with her around central London for a couple of hours.  We didn't really talk about fitness, but we did walk 3.56 km so I'm that much closer to Mordor now (about 317 km away from Mount Doom)! ;)

Tomorrow we're off to France, and the sea&sunshine combo that I've been waiting for all summer.  Don't get me wrong, I love travelling and exploring new places, but nothing beats a deep R&R in a well-known, well-loved beautiful place (with family and friends around).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Vibrantella said:

We didn't really talk about fitness, but we did walk 3.56 km so I'm that much closer to Mordor now (about 317 km away from Mount Doom)! ;)

Cool. Ever since my fitbit decided to die in Costa Rica, I haven't been tracking steps or anything like that. In some ways I found that it broke at just the right time for me, because it was time to just feel into moving rather fixation on tracking (I know this isn't true for everyone, but it is and was for me). Still it is cool to know we walked that much. My feet started to feel it at the end, haha.

1 hour ago, Vibrantella said:

Tomorrow we're off to France, and the sea&sunshine combo that I've been waiting for all summer.  Don't get me wrong, I love travelling and exploring new places, but nothing beats a deep R&R in a well-known, well-loved beautiful place (with family and friends around).

Have a great time with some sea&sunshine. :D

• Like 1

Summer break is great, lots of sun and sea, etc. This is also the time to take care of Mr V.'s side of the family, and it's going smashing, too. Food is fantastic, as always in France, and I've cunningly split dark chocolate with lunch, and fromage(s) with dinner. The one thing that's not happening is HIIT - it's too hot, and I'm swimming and walking a lot! Air conditioned gyms are a wonderful thing, and I'm looking forward to returning to mine, but for now, I'm really enjoying the sea!

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 8/27/2017 at 8:52 AM, Vibrantella said:

The one thing that's not happening is HIIT - it's too hot, and I'm swimming and walking a lot! Air conditioned gyms are a wonderful thing, and I'm looking forward to returning to mine, but for now, I'm really enjoying the sea!

vacationing while on vacation is important! and by the sea none the less. 

• Like 1

vacationing while on vacation is important! and by the sea none the less. 
Yes. Sort of "work hard, play hard, rest.... hard? ;)

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

• Like 1