Maigahane Comes Back Swinging

Maigs

Just now, Stribs said:

Just listen to your body and you should be fine.

^^ and this

• Like 1

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

I'm here Maigs! Sorry I'm late! Better late than never. 

I understand the ranger brain. I'm wanting to get back into Kendo after my trainer sessions are up and I can afford to go again. I think I'm going to try to do more of that for exercise. 

I also want to lift... and run... and yoga... and all the things!!! GAH! Rangers gonna ranger, right? Hehe... 

• Like 2

Heroine of Time

Height: 5'8  Weight: 315lbs

Current Challenge: RhiaWolfe Follows the Way of the Samurai

Previous Challenges: 1234567891011121314151617181920212223

"Reach for the stars! If you only make it to the moon, you've still done good!" - My Dad

"Hyaaaat! Jeeyat-Hiyaaaah Hiet! Hyaaaaaaa Hiyyyyet! Hiyaaaaat Hiyaaaa!" - Link

Fitbit Profile * Good Reads

39 minutes ago, jonfirestar said:

Just make sure that you aren't working out twice a day and that you are giving yourself at least one rest day. If you can fulfil those criteria I say go for it.

Does a mile run count as a workout? The tentative schedule would be run a mile 4ish times a week (at least until I can run a mile non-stop without dying again) plus:

Sunday - KBX

Monday - FIRE

Tuesday - Spinning

Wednesday - Lifting

Thursday - KBX

Friday - Rest

Saturday - Lifting

• Like 2

Current Challenge:  Maigs Does a Montage

5 minutes ago, RhiaWolfe said:

I'm here Maigs! Sorry I'm late! Better late than never. 

I understand the ranger brain. I'm wanting to get back into Kendo after my trainer sessions are up and I can afford to go again. I think I'm going to try to do more of that for exercise. 

I also want to lift... and run... and yoga... and all the things!!! GAH! Rangers gonna ranger, right? Hehe... 

Rangerbrain....it's rough

Oh, and I forgot about wanting to ride the bike more. Hopefully Hubs and I will be doing a ride this weekend.

And somehow through all of this I need to make sure I'm spending good quality time with Hubs (who has no interest in exercise beyond the occasional walk and bike ride) and the various Fluffballs.

Reminds me of the saying; "You can do everything you want, you just can't to every thing you want"

1 minute ago, Maigahane said:

Does a mile run count as a workout? The tentative schedule would be run a mile 4ish times a week (at least until I can run a mile non-stop without dying again) plus:

Sunday - KBX

Monday - FIRE

Tuesday - Spinning

Wednesday - Lifting

Thursday - KBX

Friday - Rest

Saturday - Lifting

I might not be the best example so to follow here, so grain of salt and listen to your own body. You don't want to get injured. Disclaimer down, I sort of consider an easy run as part of the other workout. I do them in the same gym session but I don't really see there being a problem with a slow mile. I do this a lot. This morning I did heavy deadlifts and ran (a slow and easy) 5k. The 5k is really easy for me to run atm and I keep it slow and light. So I think it's okay but try to make sure you don't overdo it :)

• Like 2

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

Week Zero - Wednesday

Food was on point again. Even though it was game night I didn't snack at all! I squeezed in a kickboxing class between work and gaming and while it was a blast I probably shouldn't do the 4:30pm classes. It doesn't give me enough time to eat and I was feeling a little dizzy and nauseous by the end. Not bad, I still finished the class but maybe not as strongly as I could have.

I wish the gym listed somewhere who teaches which classes. I assumed I'd have the same instructor yesterday that did the 4:30pm Monday class but I think it was the one who taught 5:30pm Thursday. I was tempted to skip since I didn't enjoy the Monday instructor as much but decided to go since I won't workout tonight* and I'm glad I did

*Yesterday was Hub's birthday. We're going out to celebrate tonight

• Like 3

I had a thought yesterday:

Clothing fitting rooms and my gym need to switch their lighting/mirrors. I swear every fitting room has the worst lighting that makes me look gross and fat. But at my gym? I look freaking skinny. And the other day at spin I swear my arms looked muscled in the mirror! They're not visibly muscled yet but they looked it. I think both places would be better served if they switched :)

• Like 4

Happy birthday to your hubby! What did you guys end up doing? 

You know, I've noticed that I feel more badass when I look in a gym mirror. I didn't really think about the lighting... maybe all gyms do that? 

4 hours ago, Maigahane said:

I squeezed in a kickboxing class between work and gaming and while it was a blast I probably shouldn't do the 4:30pm classes. It doesn't give me enough time to eat and I was feeling a little dizzy and nauseous by the end. Not bad, I still finished the class but maybe not as strongly as I could have.

Do you think you could have a snack like a protein bar or something to help with that? Something just to get you through the class? 

Heroine of Time

Height: 5'8  Weight: 315lbs

Current Challenge: RhiaWolfe Follows the Way of the Samurai

Previous Challenges: 1234567891011121314151617181920212223

"Reach for the stars! If you only make it to the moon, you've still done good!" - My Dad

"Hyaaaat! Jeeyat-Hiyaaaah Hiet! Hyaaaaaaa Hiyyyyet! Hiyaaaaat Hiyaaaa!" - Link

Fitbit Profile * Good Reads

42 minutes ago, RhiaWolfe said:

Happy birthday to your hubby! What did you guys end up doing? 

We're going to a Japanese steakhouse. It's his favorite restaurant and he got shot down the last couple of time he suggested it. Other than that we'll probably just play some board games. He got a few new ones for his birthday

44 minutes ago, RhiaWolfe said:

Do you think you could have a snack like a protein bar or something to help with that? Something just to get you through the class? 

I ate a spoonful of peanut butter and a slice of bread (about 200cals total) but it wasn't enough. So far I haven't had any protein bars that satiated me at all. Something about food in bar form makes it "candy" that my body doesn't identify as real food

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Maigahane said:

Something about food in bar form makes it "candy" that my body doesn't identify as real food

I feel the same way.  Food bar = candy bar.  If I didn't believe this, I'd fill my cupboard with them and gain 1000 lbs.

• Like 1

Level 45 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

Week Zero - Thursday

It was a meh day goal-wise but that was the plan. No workout because I took Hubs out for his birthday dinner at a Japanese steakhouse. I got a couple veggie maki rolls and ate most of the veggies from his plate. We bought some cookies for dessert. His were oreos which I hate and I got a box of Chips Ahoys that I separated out into small servings and froze so hopefully I eat them very slowly.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it to the gym tonight either. We're temporarily down a car and not sure if we'll get it back tonight or not. That does mean I rode my bike to work today for the first time in way too long

• Like 5

23 hours ago, Maigahane said:

I had a thought yesterday:

Clothing fitting rooms and my gym need to switch their lighting/mirrors. I swear every fitting room has the worst lighting that makes me look gross and fat. But at my gym? I look freaking skinny. And the other day at spin I swear my arms looked muscled in the mirror! They're not visibly muscled yet but they looked it. I think both places would be better served if they switched :)

Fitting room mirrors are awful! The worst are the ones that have multiple mirrors that show you from every angle. I get what they're trying to do, but I don't need to know what my thighs look like from that weird side angle, thank you very much!

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

I'm here! Tapatalk finally seems to be working again so I've got a bit of catching up to do :)

Great job on like basically everything lately! And not snacking on game night is the most impressive freaking thing ever, BTW.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Race: Wood Elf

Level 20

Class: Ranger

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

BATTLE LOG   EPIC QUEST  CHALLENGE

8 hours ago, Maigahane said:

I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it to the gym tonight either. We're temporarily down a car and not sure if we'll get it back tonight or not. That does mean I rode my bike to work today for the first time in way too long

I wish I could do this!  But the crazy drivers in my town would kill me (we have had like 5 bike deaths in the last 3 months).  It's like 12 miles but mostly busy roads and I like being alive.

• Like 1

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

I'm here! Tapatalk finally seems to be working again so I've got a bit of catching up to do [emoji4]

Great job on like basically everything lately! And not snacking on game night is the most impressive freaking thing ever, BTW.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Woohoo! It does work again! Except since I reinstalled it I can't find the option to show only unread

Thanks! I think it was easier to not snack since we just switched to hosting at our house so not the normal gaming routine

I wish I could do this!  But the crazy drivers in my town would kill me (we have had like 5 bike deaths in the last 3 months).  It's like 12 miles but mostly busy roads and I like being alive.
When we moved two years ago my requirement was to be as close as possible to our jobs. Previously we were 30-35 miles from our jobs that were 6 miles apart. Now we're about 3 miles from my job and 6 from Hub's
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Maigahane said:
32 minutes ago, Stribs said:

When we moved two years ago my requirement was to be as close as possible to our jobs. Previously we were 30-35 miles from our jobs that were 6 miles apart. Now we're about 3 miles from my job and 6 from Hub's

We are less than 2 miles away from hubs' job, but there is something to be said about living on the opposite side of town from all my students.  It's nice only seeing them when I want to.

• Like 1

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

KICKBOXING. GOAL WEIGHTS. OCR GYMS. Taking a break was great for you!!! I'm glad you're back though. :D 

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 46

2021 challenges:  46 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

On 8/11/2017 at 5:18 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

Mudzilla and bike riding! This is my kind of challenge. 

Welcome back! The bike riding has been on the back burner too much this year.

On 8/11/2017 at 8:35 PM, NeverThatBored said:

KICKBOXING. GOAL WEIGHTS. OCR GYMS. Taking a break was great for you!!! I'm glad you're back though. :D 

Hi NTB! It was a good break. Hopefully I can keep up that momentum

• Like 1

Week Zero - Friday

Apparently I'm a creature of habit and if you throw off my habits I flounder. Hubs ended up having a Magic tournament Friday night so I was on my own all evening. Dinner wasn't horrible but I made myself TWO cherry cokes for no real reason and vegged all evening. Since we're temporarily down a car I couldn't go to the gym so I watched a movie instead. I did get Fluffbutt out for a 2 mile walk but that was it. Oh, and a coworker brought zucchini bread and cake to work and I ate way too much of it. I did bike to work at least

Week Zero - Saturday

It's amazing how quickly snacks add up. I came into work for a few hours and ate some fun sized candy Boss keeps at her desk. Then I bought a small bag of chocolate covered cashews for game night. Add a spoonful of peanut butter and a pretzel rod and my snacks were 1300 calories. Actual food was good but snacks killed me. No workout again because work and gaming

• Like 2

Week 1 - Sunday

Kinda sorta back on track. I need better structure on the weekends. I generally do well not snacking during the week anymore but if I'm at home with no structure I don't do so well. Food was good except for the 8 Chips Ahoy cookies I ate (560cals) while vegging on the couch watching cat videos. I did make to to kickboxing last night and loved it again and took Floof for a walk after. I have a plan for this week for food and exercise so all should be good for week 1

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Maigahane said:

Food was good except for the 8 Chips Ahoy cookies I ate (560cals) while vegging on the couch watching cat videos. I did make to to kickboxing last night and loved it again and took Floof for a walk after. I have a plan for this week for food and exercise so all should be good for week 1

If there are cookies in the house while I'm vegging on the couch those cookies are going to find their way to sneak into my belly. The only option I have is not to have the cookies in the house. I'm at peace with that. If I buy cookies it is to eat them, I'm also at peace with that :D

• Like 2

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Maigahane said:

Week 1 - Sunday

Kinda sorta back on track. I need better structure on the weekends. I generally do well not snacking during the week anymore but if I'm at home with no structure I don't do so well. Food was good except for the 8 Chips Ahoy cookies I ate (560cals) while vegging on the couch watching cat videos. I did make to to kickboxing last night and loved it again and took Floof for a walk after. I have a plan for this week for food and exercise so all should be good for week 1

I am a snacjk fiend, and this is why I don't keep anything in the house.  If I want a treat, I have to want it enough to get in the car and go get it.  I would eat all the things.  I did get some halo icecream though, and I have (somehow) managed to have the pint for over a week.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jonfirestar said:

If there are cookies in the house while I'm vegging on the couch those cookies are going to find their way to sneak into my belly. The only option I have is not to have the cookies in the house. I'm at peace with that. If I buy cookies it is to eat them, I'm also at peace with that :D

39 minutes ago, Stribs said:

I am a snacjk fiend, and this is why I don't keep anything in the house.  If I want a treat, I have to want it enough to get in the car and go get it.  I would eat all the things.  I did get some halo icecream though, and I have (somehow) managed to have the pint for over a week.

I normally don't keep them in the house but I experimented with buying a package and freezing individual bags. It was a failed experiment that won't be repeated.

I have a Halo Top that's been in there for about a month now. I think it helps that I bought 3 pints of new flavors at once and the first two were not that great. And I won't let myself buy a pint of the kinds I like until I finish this last one

• Like 3