• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CourtnieMarie

courtniemarie goes royal

3 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I thought maybe the field was an athletic event with a very unspecific name.... 

i think i could maybe convince a quarter of the attendees to participate in athletic activities while there. they do play an older vs younger game of football but it's only like 20 ppl that play.

FIELD DAY is totally a fun thing to call a weekend of organized lawn games though!

1 hour ago, MikeWazowski said:

Post vacation rest is a real need, take all that you need!

yeah, i'm torn. we'll see how much i can get done around the house tonight (still unpacking, etc.) and if i'm in bed early enough to get up for gym! either way i'll continue with yoga and pull up bar play and maybe even some burpees.

• Like 3

Week 4 – Wednesday

at work:

2 planks @ 75s

wall sit @ 60s

boat pose @ 60s

lunges @ 60s each

I did pull ups and yoga after work. made SO’s lunch. made deviled eggs for a work cookout today. and made dinner. SO did another load of laundry. ALMOST THERE

calories: 1,687/1,860

weights: 0/4

pull ups: 2/10

cardio: 0/2

burpees: 0/60

yoga: 30/60

low cals but also low energy output so it’s all good. I actually felt really sick this morning (Thursday) and I think it’s because I’ve been sleeping TOO much the past 3 nights. more than a 9hr avg. I really need to get up at the right time tomorrow morning.

Week 4 – Thursday

as mentioned, was pretty sick yesterday morning. woke up 2 or 3 times between 4:30 and 6:45AM. should’ve gotten up at 4:30. Now I know. TOO MUCH OF A GOOD THING IS NOT A GOOD THING ANYMORE

giphy.gif

at work:

3 planks @ 75s

wall sit @ 60s

boat pose @ 60s

lunges @ 60s each

yesterday was v. weird. due to weird sickness I only ate a bit of pineapple for bfast and my protein coffee. This seemed fine since we had a work cookout for lunch. I felt okay to partake so I had 3 buff chick meatballs, a deviled egg, 2 buff chick with celery, 3 sausage/cheese balls, and two oreo truffle things. a couple hours later I started feeling terrible again and by the time I got home I was in SO much pain. took some pepto and laid on the couch with a huge blanket bc I was freezing and read some of my book. around 7:45 I forced myself upright to brush my teeth and go to bed.

calories: 1,294/1,860

pull ups: 3/10

yoga: 30/60

when I woke up I felt much better but then gradually started feeling the stomach pains again. I did get up at our normal 4:50AM time and knew I’d had plenty of sleep. also i have gained a pound a day since wednesday and have not been eating enough for that shiz to happen. REAL POOP TALK. I think the pepto prevented me from getting rid of whatever needed getting rid of. so I took a digestive enzyme and a couple sips of coffee and got ready for work. pain pain pain persisted. I smoked a cigarette. that did the trick but I also almost threw up again and still was in pain after. It’s subsided now (thank the gods) and I picked up some fruit on my way to work. a couple plums, a pint of blackberries, and some siggis. OF COURSE I HAD TO DUMP HALF THE BLACKBERRIES BECAUSE THEY HAD MOLD ON THEM. THANK YOU V MUCH, WEEK 4.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

STOP EATING THINGS THAT DON'T AGREE WITH YOUR STOMACH'S MORAL CONSTITUTION 

for real tho do you think you got food poisoning? 

this challenge is almost over and then you can kick in the knee caps!!! 

47 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

STOP EATING THINGS THAT DON'T AGREE WITH YOUR STOMACH'S MORAL CONSTITUTION 

for real tho do you think you got food poisoning? 

IKR?! I have no idea. it has felt more like my body doesn't know how to digest something. and since it started thursday morning it could've been something i ate on wednesday. which had a lot of iffy stuff (leftover camping food, maybe the turkey hadn't been fully cooked, maybe the brocc slaw mix was going bad, and i also had a GF vegan scone wed. morning that could've been weird for me.

then i probably exacerbated the issue by basically only eating meat for lunch on thursday instead of fibrous stuffs.

47 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

this challenge is almost over and then you can kick in the knee caps!!! 

i can't wait to kick knee caps! being a queen was nice for the first few weeks then it's just too much werk.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

I only ate a bit of pineapple for bfast and my protein coffee.

Maybe I missed it somewhere else, but what is this protein coffee you speak of? I drink enough coffee that if it had protein in it I'm pretty sure I'd be massive in no time.

1 hour ago, calanthrophy said:

Maybe I missed it somewhere else, but what is this protein coffee you speak of? I drink enough coffee that if it had protein in it I'm pretty sure I'd be massive in no time.

i just put protein powder in my coffee! usually with cashew milk and a couple ounces of full fat coconut milk. if you're doing hot coffee you definitely want to mix the powder into something cold (milk) first and then mix that into the coffee. i use a chocolate flavor currently but anything besides fruity would probably be delicious

22 minutes ago, MikeWazowski said:

Hope the digestive f***ery passes soon!

seriously! still being weird today. time for another coffee! (sans protein, womp)

• Like 3

On 9/8/2017 at 9:12 AM, CourtnieMarie said:

as mentioned, was pretty sick Thursday morning. woke up 2 or 3 times between 4:30 and 6:45AM. should’ve gotten up at 4:30. Now I know. TOO MUCH OF A GOOD THING IS NOT A GOOD THING ANYMORE

thursday was v. weird. due to weird sickness I only ate a bit of pineapple for bfast and my protein coffee. This seemed fine since we had a work cookout for lunch. I felt okay to partake so I had 3 buff chick meatballs, a deviled egg, 2 buff chick with celery, 3 sausage/cheese balls, and two oreo truffle things. a couple hours later I started feeling terrible again and by the time I got home I was in SO much pain. took some pepto and laid on the couch with a huge blanket bc I was freezing and read some of my book. around 7:45 I forced myself upright to brush my teeth and go to bed.

when I woke up I felt much better but then gradually started feeling the stomach pains again. I did get up at our normal 4:50AM time and knew I’d had plenty of sleep. also i have gained a pound a day since wednesday and have not been eating enough for that shiz to happen. REAL POOP TALK. I think the pepto prevented me from getting rid of whatever needed getting rid of. so I took a digestive enzyme and a couple sips of coffee and got ready for work. pain pain pain persisted. I smoked a cigarette. that did the trick but I also almost threw up again and still was in pain after. It’s subsided now (thank the gods) and I picked up some fruit on my way to work. a couple plums, a pint of blackberries, and some siggis.

On 9/8/2017 at 10:45 AM, CourtnieMarie said:

IKR?! I have no idea. it has felt more like my body doesn't know how to digest something. and since it started thursday morning it could've been something i ate on wednesday. which had a lot of iffy stuff (leftover camping food, maybe the turkey hadn't been fully cooked, maybe the brocc slaw mix was going bad) and i also had a GF vegan scone wed. morning that could've been weird for me.

then i probably exacerbated the issue by basically only eating meat for lunch on thursday instead of fibrous stuffs.

So unfortunately this saga continued throughout Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (yesterday). lower abdominal pain every time i eat and just pain pretty consistently throughout the day. no more nausea so that's good. poop is normal now. I started only eating easily digestible foods on Saturday and Sunday and couldn't stomach enough calories.

Week 4 – Friday

I did 15m yoga including all the poses for pooping.

at work:

1 planks @ 75s

wall sit @ 60s

chair pose @ 60s

still think this was a “oh I just need to poop problem” I went out as scheduled for a friends birthday and had a couple drinks. That was fine surprisingly but as soon as I munched on olives and peanuts, I started feeling the pain again.

calories: 1,964/1,860

pull ups: 3/10

yoga: 45/60

Week 4 – Saturday

Saturday was when I got real about what food I was eating. a vegan spinach smoothie, squash, fruit bar, chicken and rice soup, berries, kombucha, and some crackers.

I did do 15 mins of yoga, 1 min of pull up bar play, and a mile walk around the neighborhood.

also had my first appointment to try on bridal dresses so while the experience was really great, it definitely would have been nice to not have been in pain.

calories: 1,535/1,860

pull ups: 4/10

yoga: 60/60

Week 0 – Sunday

sunday was more of the same. I had scrambled eggs with spinach for bfast, more fruit, an oatmeal bowl with macadamia nuts and flax seed for lunch, another vegan smoothie, another fruit bar, and another kombucha. got in yoga and a min on the bar.

annnnd engagement photos! which was a blast but again, in a lot of pain so not super fun.

calories: 1,313

pull ups: 1

yoga: 15

we've thrown out the possibility of crohn's, colitis, ulcers, and even salmonella (from that weird turkey). just finished oatmeal for bfast this morning and crossing my fingers that maybe just maybe the pain doesn't come back. if it does, i'll schedule a dr's appt.

• Like 1

ixaera   

thanks, guys - appt made!

good, good

I approve

FEEL BETTER 

immediately

I command it

tenor.gif

• Like 2

18 hours ago, raptron said:

Mannn, sorry it's turning out to be more than a minor inconvenience from something funky you ate. Hope it gets figured out soon!

16 hours ago, ixaera said:

good, good

I approve

FEEL BETTER 

immediately

I command it

tenor.gif

thanks guys!

yesterday was kind of a whirlwind. appt got canceled and they wanted me to go to their urgent care center. ugh. didn't want to but i did. the PA that i saw pushed around my abdomen and the only place that i winced is right where you appendix is. i did try to explain that the pain centers have been moving around, hence my assumption it was digestive. anyway she checked out my ovaries to make sure it wasn't a cyst or something. then sent me off for a CT scan. apparently i couldn't have the IV dye bc my kidney blood work was abnormal so the CT doc couldn't see my damn appendix. which probably means it's not inflamed though. also he said my white blood cell count was normal so that's good bc it'd be high if i had an infection. ALSO he said it looked like I was constipated on the scan, hahahaha i wanna see what THAT looks like. he told me to try to go.

thanks bud.

so. i guess i'm crossing things off the list of possibilities. back to the doc today for more blood work. wahhhhhh. i hate needles.

i might make a challenge where i just figure my shit out (hahaha) and still try to do some sort of movement everyday.

thanks guys!

yesterday was kind of a whirlwind. appt got canceled and they wanted me to go to their urgent care center. ugh. didn't want to but i did. the PA that i saw pushed around my abdomen and the only place that i winced is right where you appendix is. i did try to explain that the pain centers have been moving around, hence my assumption it was digestive. anyway she checked out my ovaries to make sure it wasn't a cyst or something. then sent me off for a CT scan. apparently i couldn't have the IV dye bc my kidney blood work was abnormal so the CT doc couldn't see my damn appendix. which probably means it's not inflamed though. also he said my white blood cell count was normal so that's good bc it'd be high if i had an infection. ALSO he said it looked like I was constipated on the scan, hahahaha i wanna see what THAT looks like. he told me to try to go.

thanks bud.

so. i guess i'm crossing things off the list of possibilities. back to the doc today for more blood work. wahhhhhh. i hate needles.

i might make a challenge where i just figure my shit out (hahaha) and still try to do some sort of movement everyday.

hopefully the blood work today is more helpful than the CT was. Although, couldn't you still have mild appendix inflammation? I assume they told you to go back to urgent care if the pain gets worse? 

I have diagnosed issues with constipation and after an x-ray the doctor said (at the time) " you are literally full of shit". lolololol doctors are so nice. 

I have actually been so full it caused severe nausea and pain, but usually only while taking pain meds. So that's not totally out of the realm of possiblity. After my transplant I was so backed up from pain meds that that hurt worse than the incision! 

• Like 2

ixaera   

My brother in law was once so constipated it caused these problems! But he's ALWAYS full of shit

I know two people who have stress-induced gastroparesis, which is basically when your digestive system has stage fright and moves really really slowly (in very severe cases, just stopping altogether), preventing regular eating and pooing and such. NO FUN (so it sounds)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

hopefully the blood work today is more helpful than the CT was. Although, couldn't you still have mild appendix inflammation? I assume they told you to go back to urgent care if the pain gets worse? 

I have diagnosed issues with constipation and after an x-ray the doctor said (at the time) " you are literally full of shit". lolololol doctors are so nice. 

I have actually been so full it caused severe nausea and pain, but usually only while taking pain meds. So that's not totally out of the realm of possiblity. After my transplant I was so backed up from pain meds that that hurt worse than the incision! 

39 minutes ago, ixaera said:

My brother in law was once so constipated it caused these problems! But he's ALWAYS full of shit

I know two people who have stress-induced gastroparesis, which is basically when your digestive system has stage fright and moves really really slowly (in very severe cases, just stopping altogether), preventing regular eating and pooing and such. NO FUN (so it sounds)

yeah i'm starting to think that's all it is! i am pooping though. but maybe not enough?

i've have abnormal kidney results from bloodwork before but they were fine the next day after hydrating better so we'll see! in some pain today but it definitely duller so that's good?

• Like 1