shaar revives and brings the dawn [ffxv style]

shaar

Don’t call it a comeback~

tumblr_ojqbvxf4oS1tkjcc9o1_500.gif

( Hey Noctis took like 10 years ok, I’ve only been dormant for a few months. )

NERD FRIENDOS!!!  Hello, it is me, your caps lock hyperbole Ranger, coming back from a short hiatus of Doing the Thing on my own to continue Doing the Thing here, with you, better, harder, faster.

It’s good to be home. <3

ANYWAYS in true Shaar fashion my quests are quite customized to my current Obsession du Jour - HEH you thought it was gonna be FFXIV, right?  Or maybe Persona 5?? Aaactually I had this challenge written up for a few months ago but I never used it, and I’m still over the moon for this stupid game, so I’m gonna roll with it and jump back in head first with my wonderful Chocobros to lead my way.

EYES PEELED, MOUTH CLOSED

LET’S DO THIS.

__gladiolus amicitia______

less bitching, more killing.

tumblr_nc8bcffSYF1qa4apwo1_500.gif

Gladio is the king’s shield and bodyguard.  He’s also my favorite character - tough as nails, he takes no shit (and has no qualms telling you how he really feels), thrives on the fight and never hesitates to be the first into the fray.  He also reads in the car and does one armed pushups at camp and loves being outdoors and has a gruff sense of sass-mastery and LOVES CUP NOODLES (I’m sure they’re great for macros maybe ok).  He definitely fits into the ‘protector’ trope which I also feel I fall into, so that’s probably why I like him best.

He’s also HELLA STRONG and I need to tighten up my lifting routine.  SERIOUSLY.  I’ve been struggling lately with a decent weight loss and eating to support my new status quo, and it’s been shaking up my lifting routine.  Right now I’m looking to stick in the gym at LEAST twice a week without burning myself out.

A - 2+ lifting days weekly

B - 1 lifting day weekly

F - Get rekt kid

____ignis scientia______

you can remain awake long enough to eat.

tumblr_nc8bcffSYF1qa4apwo4_500.gif

Ignis is the chief strategist of the royal family and is Noctis’ personal advisor and right hand man.  He’s fills out the ‘brains of the party’ role really well, and having grown up alongside Noct, has assumed a sort of caretaker position towards the prince.  He is also your designated driver for the majority of the game and cooks up some MEAN ASS FOOD when you camp, and also discovers lots of recipes along the way.  

Ignis goes hand in hand with Gladio here (teehee); I need to start logging my food again.  Not going to work towards anything numbers-wise, just track, and see where I’m at currently, and where I can improve.

A: 7 days a week within tracking parameters

B: 6 days a week within tracking parameters

F: 5 days a week (or less)

___prompto argentum_____

i’m toootally into chocobos!.... don’t take that the wrong way.

tumblr_nc8bcffSYF1qa4apwo2_500.gif

Prompto is Noctis’ best friend and the fun-loving life of the party.  He loves chocobos, puns, shootin’ things, and most importantly, taking pictures.  Prompto takes lots of candid shots of your journey that you can save and share and it’s pretty much the best thing ever.  HE’S SO ADORABLE AND HAPPY BLESS HIM

Here is my social quest.  POST HERE.  I’ve fallen off the forums a bit but I realize how much I’ve missed hanging with you guys, you are my friends, and that means the world to me.  So; be present.

A: Post 5+ times weekly

B: Post 3-4 times weekly

F: Dude where are you?

___noctis lucius caelum________

no time to stop.  we keep moving.

tumblr_nc8bcffSYF1qa4apwo3_500.gif

Noctis is the main character and playable hero of the game, a prince that’s on a road trip with his friends/guards/groomsmen to go get married and have adorable hijinks with on the way.  He really grows into his role and starts to shoulder more and more responsibility along the way; eventually through the storyline he begins to collect the Royal Arms, a variety of weapons used by kings of old.

For this challenge I’ll channel Noctis to be my “collection crew” - to keep track of the little things and my weekly to-do lists to make sure everything gets done.  This list will be a hodgepodge of things I will assign myself at the start of each challenge week, so it will change weekly and will include but is not limited to - multiple mobility sessions, epsom salt baths, mental check-ins, cleaning/organizing, and other tasks that pop up and need to be dealt with.

A: Weekly tasks completed

B: Over half of weekly tasks completed

F: Less than half of weekly tasks completed

PHEW OK I THINK I'M READY!! Onward to greatness, teamwork styyyyle!

tumblr_oidxwvGZyn1uto6gbo1_500.gif

• Like 7

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

Woo! Following!

• Like 1

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

OHMYGOSHIAMSOHEREANDREADYTOFOLLOWTHISISGONNABEGREAT!!

• Like 4

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Following!

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 46

2021 challenges:  46 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

Shaar!  Hai!  Following.....

• Like 1

Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Rinna joins the Fellowship to Rivendell      318.24/458

Spoiler

"The only way to lose is to give up."

-Tanktimus the Encourager

"You can't beat someone that refuses to give up."

-Björn Járnhamar

You're back!!!!

5 hours ago, shaar said:

ANYWAYS in true Shaar fashion my quests are quite customized to my current Obsession du Jour - HEH you thought it was gonna be FFXIV, right?  Or maybe Persona 5?? Aaactually I had this challenge written up for a few months ago but I never used it, and I’m still over the moon for this stupid game, so I’m gonna roll with it and jump back in head first with my wonderful Chocobros to lead my way.

Sorry, but Noctis totally gave it away. ;)

• Like 1

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

Welcome back Shaar!! I am riding in the wake of your sparkly fabulousness and hoping it is contagious!!

• Like 1

SKY ELVENWORD

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 42

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

Books in Progress:

Talking Back to Purity Culture (64%)  |  Rhythms of Renewal (24%)  |  Beholding and Becoming (19%)  |  A Gentle Answer (0%)  |  Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (0%) 
Books Finished:
Captivating (100%)  |  The Prodigal God (100%)  |  Not Yet Married (100%)  |  Gentle and Lowly (100%)

21 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

Woo! Following!

Hiii Jon!! :D:D Glad to have you here!!!

21 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Fun challenge!

YEE thankyou~ <3

20 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

OHMYGOSHIAMSOHEREANDREADYTOFOLLOWTHISISGONNABEGREAT!!

YOUHAVECLEARLYPREPAREDFORTHISVERYMOMENT!!!!!!!!!!

20 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

Following!

NTB YAAAAS HIHI

17 hours ago, Raxie said:

Yayyyy Rangers can haz a shaar challenge!

Maaan I'm hype!  I think I just needed a break after like 2 years of consecutive challenges?!?!  (I'm sure you know that feel too!)

17 hours ago, Rinna said:

Shaar!  Hai!  Following.....

r i n n a <3 :D:D

16 hours ago, Salinger said:

Here for the ride, glad you are back ! x

SALINGER HI I hope you are doing well and kicking butt!!!  Gonna go find your challenge ASAP!

16 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

You're back!!!!

Sorry, but Noctis totally gave it away. ;)

OHAI~

Damnit Noctis. XD  

13 hours ago, MiaulinTheCat said:

SHAAAAAAAAAR HELLO HI SHAAR

M I A U <3

11 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Following for the hype. 

You know exactly why you're here, and it's the HYPE, yes excellent very good.

8 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

Welcome back Shaar!! I am riding in the wake of your sparkly fabulousness and hoping it is contagious!!

Oh man I sure hope so too, * * sparkling intensifies * * !!

• Like 6

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...

»  kom starkru

Z E R O W E E K

tumblr_ne0pmwGNSE1rb9rueo2_r1_500.gif

Yuuup here we go~

Yesterday was kinda a wash Because Reasons but today I'm feeling super good and back in the swing of things!  Managed to hit the gym this morning and phew things are heavy.  Like, literally heavy.  Like wow when did these weights get so heavy.  Did shoulders and arms with some barbell OHP, swimmer's presses, curls, lat raises, and tricep dips.  

Oh, and some ROWING MACHINE ACTION.  Guh cardio you are the literal worst ok.

I slept like a trash fire last night and it occurred to me exactly why - SODA - I had a fair amount of soda yesterday, something I don't usually do, and hoo boy did the effects make themselves clearly apparent as I lay in bed for TWO HOURS unable to fall asleep.  FRICK YOU, SODA, but thanks for the reminder why we aren't friends. @_@ 

• Like 5

»  kom starkru

1 hour ago, shaar said:

What's not to love! You sit on the thingy and you stare at the wall while you pull away! Totally awesome. If you were kayaking in the ocean you wouldn't even notice you were doing cardio.

• Like 3

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

2 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

What's not to love! You sit on the thingy and you stare at the wall while you pull away! Totally awesome. If you were kayaking in the ocean you wouldn't even notice you were doing cardio.

Or just skip the rowing machine and go kayaking. :P

• Like 1

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

4 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

HAHA!!  Well when you put it that way it sounds easy enough!!  Phheeww it wears me out.... *huff puff*

True on the kayaking part, I can't wait to do that again...

1 hour ago, Salinger said:

interesting that soda kept you up. Hope you sleep better tonight :)

Right?!  It was the only odd-variable from yesterday, and the more I thought about it... heeeeyy sugars, lots and lots of sugars, sigh.  I am already ready for bed... ^^;

1 hour ago, zeroh13 said:

Or just skip the rowing machine and go kayaking. :P

YES EXCELLENT *o*

Man once tourist season is over here, I'm totally going back.... 

• Like 3

»  kom starkru

27 minutes ago, shaar said:

HAHA!!  Well when you put it that way it sounds easy enough!!  Phheeww it wears me out.... *huff puff*

Yeah. I have no idea why it seems so much harder when you aren't actually moving! 

• Like 1

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

18 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

Yeah. I have no idea why it seems so much harder when you aren't actually moving! 

16 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

Because it's not fun? When you're having fun you don't notice how hard it really is! (until you wake up the next morning and can barely move)

HAHAHA all of this!  Kayaking was amazing and I was sad to have to give my rental back but I went home and ate 20 pounds of food and the next day I could barely move.... ^^;

4 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

ALL ABOARD THE SHAARMOBILE!

3cc49156071f69b771b1fda737b4379c.jpg

Woops.... wrong crew in a car

CLOSE ENOUGH BROTHER

giphy.gif

(also the wrong crew in a car but YOLO)

Not much updates today.  V. hungry.  Had to go acquire additional food this morning.

Good thing: made a great salad!

Bad thing: piled some macaroni salad on top yeeeeaahh mayo based stuff whoops~

• Like 6

»  kom starkru

On 8/8/2017 at 8:27 AM, shaar said:

Z E R O W E E K

tumblr_ne0pmwGNSE1rb9rueo2_r1_500.gif

Yuuup here we go~

Yesterday was kinda a wash Because Reasons but today I'm feeling super good and back in the swing of things!  Managed to hit the gym this morning and phew things are heavy.  Like, literally heavy.  Like wow when did these weights get so heavy.  Did shoulders and arms with some barbell OHP, swimmer's presses, curls, lat raises, and tricep dips.  

I slept like a trash fire last night and it occurred to me exactly why - SODA - I had a fair amount of soda yesterday, something I don't usually do, and hoo boy did the effects make themselves clearly apparent as I lay in bed for TWO HOURS unable to fall asleep.  FRICK YOU, SODA, but thanks for the reminder why we aren't friends. @_@ 

For me it's the caffeine.  Never bothered me until it did.  One memorable December evening, one grande caramel macchiato while Christmas shopping.......still awake at 4am listening to the coyotes race the dogs down the fence-line while my eyes felt like hot bombs in my face just waiting to 'splode.

• Like 2

Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Rinna joins the Fellowship to Rivendell      318.24/458

Spoiler

"The only way to lose is to give up."

-Tanktimus the Encourager

"You can't beat someone that refuses to give up."

-Björn Járnhamar