Myrik settles into a routine

Myrik

Spoiler

Myrik and Shade made great mileage their first night putting 20 miles between them and New Carson City.  They made camp just past the California Free States border. “So why are you not a friend of California Free State?”  “I used to work for Ares in San Jose; I was part of their corporate espionage division.  Had a mission go bad and politicians daughter was discovered to be a spy for Japanese Imperial State.  The politician blamed me for losing his job and framed me for the murder of his daughter, luckily I had contacts in the shadows and Grinder got me out and took me under his wing.”  “So why are you risking going back if they will be looking for you?”  “The Rascals have friends in high places in Sacramento who can keep us hidden.  Especially with the damage we did to New Carson City, if the Lone Star figure out it wasn’t only the Orks we will be wanted by the Pueblo Corporate Counsel.  Get some sleep we have 2 more days of travel and some really rough terrain ahead of us.”

The next day went by without event, Myrik and Shade covered about 40 miles the second day.  The third day brought some excitement in the form of a border patrol unit that the duo had to evade which cost them several hours and miles that day, only covering about 15 miles. The next day passed much like the first.  Their fourth day came more excitement when Shade noticed signs that a pack of Barghest had been hunting in the area.  “Myrik keep your eye open there is a pack of Barghest hunting in our area, luckily for us they are mostly nocturnal but if we get to close to their den they will attack without notice.  Looks like they came and went from the same direction we are heading.” “What’s a Barghest, I’m guessing some kind of canine based on the paw prints?”  “Barghest are large canines that hunt in packs and are mean as hell.”  “Got it not something the 2 of us want to tangle with.”  The two bypassed the packs den and safely made it into Sacramento. 

Once in the city Shade lead Myrik to the industrial area where she procured a large warehouse for the group to setup in.  After dropping their gear Shade took Myrik to meet a friend who set him up with a fake SIN.  Few nights later the rest of the gang arrives and sets about getting the base set up and ready for operations.  After the base is set up Myrik takes some time to go up to the roof and take in the area around him.  He got up on the roof leaned against one of the Warehouses A/C units and took in the cool night air. So much has happened since Ryujin cursed him and sent him to this foreign land, foremost in his mind was the friendship he has formed with The Rascals.  Hearing the hatch to the roof open Myrik spins around to see Shade coming through the hatch with some food.  “Grinder told me I would find you up here, you doing okay?”  “Yeah I’m doing well just need some time to decompress. So much has happened since I woke up in that clearing outside of New Carson City. I almost got killed by an Ork, thank you for saving me by the way. Helped you level a city block, traveled cross country and setup a new base.  Before Ryujin betrayed me I never left the city I grew up in and didn’t ever have anyone I could count one.  Now I have ventured outside of my known world, and met people I feel I can rely on.”  “Well glad you feel you can count on us glad to have you as part of the team.  Here brought you some food, I’m going back inside unless you need something.” “You are welcome to stay.”

(I thought about having Myrik jump into the TNG universe to fit with the Ranger Mini but still have some more stuff in the Shadowrun universe i want to do)

Goal I

Continue Weightlifting routine I set up adding in some of Athlean-X's Finishers once a week.

Goal II

Better Oral hygiene, I need to get in the habit of brushing and flossing twice a day, I'm good about brushing daily just need to improve the habit and start flossing more regularly.

Goal III (hold over from last month)

15 miles worth of cardio. Run/Swim/Bike

Goal IV

Own the mini this month.

• Like 5

Awesome challenge and that story means I'm going to have to start digging back!

• Like 1

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

1 hour ago, jonfirestar said:

Awesome challenge and that story means I'm going to have to start digging back!

The story is on my Wordpress page link is in my signature

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, Myrik said:

The story is on my Wordpress page link is in my signature

That would be the one that says stories! Perfect thanks :D

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

Following to see you rock this challenge!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

So far the challenge is off to a good start for zero week.  I will start tracking 100% Sunday.  Workout tonight should be a good one.  Going to try doing a weight pyramid starting just below my working weight and going to failure then rest and then next weight until failure rest and do this again with the next 2 steps up then work my way back down.  Tonight will be Triceps and Biceps.  Tomorrow will be running and chest and shoulders.

• Like 3

Last nights workout was great could hardly lift my arms after.

Dumbbell Curls (108)

20@20

20@25

10@30

4@35

4@35(2/2)

10@30(4/4/2)

20@25(10/10)

20@20(12/8)

Triceps Press downs(110)

20@50

20@75

10@85

5@100

5@100

10@85(5/5)

20@75(10/10)

20@50

Dumbbell Curls

4@40

Triceps Press downs

5@110

reverse ez bar curl

10@35

• Like 2

Did Chest and Shoulders last night along with a 2 mile run.  Feeling good today hungry but good.  Today will be Arms and Legs then a 2 day break with some running or biking thrown in if the heat cuts back a little.

• Like 2

Great workouts!  Keep it up!

Level 45 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

Following! You're off to a great start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Level 74 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

Got a good arms workout in yesterday.  Dumbbell curls, Tricep presses, Overhand Ez bar curls(my forearms hate me), tried incline hammer curls and liked them a lot.  Finished with some crusher grip squats, didn't write down my reps so not able to write anything down. 

Been good with brushing and flossing.

No mileage to record this week 110 degree heat index is keeping me from going out side for very long. 

Should be able to add quite a few reps for Security today and tomorrow.

• Like 4
10 hours ago, Myrik said:

110 degree heat index

I remember when I was in high school, one summer during cross country training the temps got up in the 100 degree range.  Our coach had us doing swimming pool running and water aerobics.  My early-season races that year were several minutes faster than usual.

• Like 1

Level 45 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

This last week started off okay not great but not bad but ended less than okay.  Monday and Tuesday where decent expect for my computer being a pain in the ass.  It wouldn't boot past the windows Logo. Got it to boot and was good until Saturday(more on that later).  Wednesday and Thursday I had duty and got gym time which was nice.  Friday was a good day family time, and a going away part for a friend from church.  Saturday was my Wife and Youngest birthday; Saturday was a rough day for me, woke up with a migraine which completely killed the days plans got up ate something took some Ibuprofen and went back to sleep.  Wife took my girls swimming and they got home just as I woke up.  Went to check times for a few ideas around the area to do as a family and my computer once again wouldn't boot past the logo.  This coupled with a nagging migraine kept us at home.  Got the computer working again and hoping it will work until after the new year when i can work on upgrading it.  Sunday was a good day church in the morning, lunch with my family at Red Robin, walking around the mall, which was a zoo with all the people waiting till the last minute to go back to school shopping.  Now I'm back on duty for today and tomorrow.  Wednesday we might go check out space center Houston since all the kids will be back in school and it shouldn't be super busy.   

• Like 6

My co-worker tried to kill me in the gym last night.  3 of us did arms and by the time i was done I couldn't even bring my water bottle to my lips with 1 arm.  not even sure of how many reps we did of each but it was glorious.

close grip over hand curls with  EZ-bar

close grip under hand curls with EZ-bar

Skull crushers

Close grip benchpress with a very nice PR for me 135LBS

Then we finished with

Cable curls and one arm triceps extensions 4 sets of each with little down time.  12 reps in each set even if weight had to be dropped.  In the end i was doing cables curls at 30 LBS.

• Like 5

yesterday was arms only, today will be either shoulder and back or Chest with 2 days off and then the other on friday, Arms again on Saturday, and either Chest or Shoulder and back on Sunday.

• Like 1

Late to the parry, Myrik, but I'm here sir! 

giphy.gif

#CurlsForTheGirls

NOICE! Get it, Myrik! :) 

Wolf

• Like 1

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

8 minutes ago, Wild Wolf said:

Late to the parry, Myrik, but I'm here sir! 

giphy.gif

#CurlsForTheGirls

NOICE! Get it, Myrik! :) 

Wolf

Welcome to the party!

and yes sir curls for my girl. 

Just found out Houston is hosting a 9/11 5k on the 9th, its to bad that I work that weekend. Need to knock out another 5k before the end of the year.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Myrik said:

Welcome to the party!

and yes sir curls for my girl. 

Just found out Houston is hosting a 9/11 5k on the 9th, its to bad that I work that weekend. Need to knock out another 5k before the end of the year.

A good ole fashion pump fest is a lot of fun! I've been there before when I could barely push the water bottle up to my lips to take a drink lol. #DaPump

Are there any trails down there near you that you could run a 5k on? Trail runs are the best!

Wolf

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

2 minutes ago, Wild Wolf said:

A good ole fashion pump fest is a lot of fun! I've been there before when I could barely push the water bottle up to my lips to take a drink lol. #DaPump

Are there any trails down there near you that you could run a 5k on? Trail runs are the best!

Wolf

There are a few in downtown, yes i know what your thinking, there is a very nice park in Downtown Houston that has running and Mountain biking trails. 

When i said I need to knock out another 5k before the end of the year I should have been more specific I need to knock out another official 5K.  Most of my runs are 5k+ because I love to run for long distances when I can.

• Like 1

Hey buddy! Just making sure your still ok over there. 

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."