Wild Wolf: Behind the Mask of a Prospect

Wild Wolf

JG4sgJS3t2MhUgfPqlAMVj-5nvgMdInHxDzHmr9o39Eao5l4GJCSQY3-0rPWlTgN_SFhunzhUL7SyYT3klt_miC6bm-qp_AYE2QtJX8DkKL5xo8O6ZK7Y_kE1OBYTPdOcEkqQBLC

What is Absolver?

Absolver puts players behind the mask of a Prospect, who has taken a sacred vow and chosen to join the Absolvers, an elite corps of combatants fighting to maintain stability in the world.

Monitored by the Guides, the new rulers of the fallen Adal Empire, players will wander these forsaken lands and encounter other Prospects online in order to learn their place in this world and eventually become Absolvers.

Along the way, they will learn new combat styles and attacks, and acquire better weapons, powers and armor. Battles between warriors are an intense real-time flow of attacks, dodges, feints and counters, with all aspects of gameplay customizable, including combat styles, weapons and even individual attack sequences in the player’s Combat Deck.

Build a team of warriors to fight side by side with you in the dungeon mines of Adal (PvE) or put your skill on display in dedicated combat arenas (PvP) scattered across the land.

The game comes out at the end of the month but I can't contain my excitement! This is most likely what the game, For Honor, should have been; with dedicated servers and ranked matches from the get go.

iH0htG0J0wITdTThxJmpUSpffW6VX6fl56k2KM43TjgG3iEM1MfNEhPRePDqhT3zOC2vd1_5UXPvGfbTdywKSW3XjNw0COgRDxSWb9_qoHY4w4wi2YOMopkNMww6wESpc1JegpOT

Hi all!! Welcome to the challenge! This one's going to be lighthearted and straight to the point. I'm rolling with forward momentum right now and I want to keep things churning at a steady pace. How do I do this? By kicking so much ass my feet hurt!

tBhW_87foY479CuMEq3lB1t9XlMG6trI4ebOx4KYIZUGsJqY5Ht-jfivsmwUv4rR3QGa2Xo344EgzAIOJicQGMnGzRJTEM4znRDBStnS9ccXG6JZJag8jmQcljj_ONeevweNMEG1

I'm using the upcoming online melee action game Absolver as my theme for the next 4-weeks and if all goes well, I'll continue this and make it a 2-part challenge (since the game comes out 08/29). How exciting! The goal is to move from the n00b inspired Prospect and work my way up the ranks to become an elite Absolver. I'll need discipline, strength and a healthy balance among my work and home life to see me through successfully and I have just the plan to make that happen :) 

My weeks pretty much stay the same unless we have an event or a birthday that throws things off a hair, so, I can expect a lot of the same stuff week in and week out. This can be good because I know what to expect and can plan my weeks out way in advance. This could also be bad because a week that looks the same as every other week can be boring and have me stray off into the wilds. Balance is the key, yo! I keep talking noise about using my KB's, Indian Clubs and battle mace more but I barely messed with them last challenge. Boooooooo! That really needs to change since they are free to use...I mean, I spent money on them before...but now they are free....but before they weren't...ahhhhhh, dammit! You know what I mean! ;) 

TO THE GOALS!

Goal #1: Hey Wolfie, you should try some GVT!

You really think so?? Hmmm, well first, let me see what GVT is before I agree to it. What is GVT? It's also called German Volume Training and apparently it's pretty boss. My mortal enemy when it comes to training plans: time. Some programs just have too much stuff and I never have enough time to complete a whole workout. When you add in warm-up, cool down and time to shower off and get ready for work...forget about it. I realistically have about 45 solid minutes of actual workout time so squeezing in something like GVT with a recommended 10 sets of 10 will be tight. But hey, I'm already around 6-7 total sets on my big lifts anyways because I'm always moving up weight until I get into the weight range I'm targeting. Let's punch this program in the face! :) 

Goal: German Volume Training 3x a week for the next 6 weeks/5-day cycles. Biohacking is a must so we'll see how this goes. Being that this is new it's all subject to change but I'm going to give it my 110%

giphy-4.gif?resize=741,417

Goal #2: Hey Wolfie, why do you suck at jumping rope?

HEY! That's not very nice, sir...or ma'am....but you're right. Why do I suck so bad? It's not so much that a suck, but my one foot hopping speed is SLLLLLLOOOOOWWWW. Like....whoa, dude. Speed ladder, much? It's embarrassing. So, with this goal, I want to increase my foot speed and quickness by adding in jump rope after each set or every other set of my workout. I started doing this last week and really enjoyed that time in between sets....this is also when I realized how slow my one foot speed was.

Goal: Minimum of 3x rounds of jump rope in between working sets. Track each foot speed for :30 seconds at the beginning and then beat that foot count at the end of the challenge.

tumblr_inline_o7swveESdl1t2dm81_500.gif

Goal #3: Hey Wolfie, keep eating, keep fighting, bruh!

I think I might need food to stay alive, sooooooooooo, thanks? OHHHH! You mean with the whole fasting thing and adding in more volume....I see, now. Yeah, I think you're onto something there. Since I'm pretty good at letting myself know when I'm hungry, I just need to be extra prepared on training days and make sure I'm ready to refuel. I will continue to fast for 14 hours with a 10 hour eating window and just consume more calories/protein. And since Heather's been back from California, she has awoken her inner health nut and wants to start eating as clean as possible. So much so, that we cleaned out the pantry and tossed a lot of stuff then donated the rest! I had JUST bought a pack of Ritz PB crackers too. I decided to take those to work and distribute among my teammates so they didn't go to waste. With GVT, I'm going to need to refuel and keep on my game better then ever, but I'm certainly up for the challenge!

Goal: Continue to do my 14/10 fasting regime and help Heather meal prep.

2016-05-26-15_33_2943434.gif

Goal #4: Hey Wolfie, you should Pray more!

Aint that the truth. I pray a lot...but somehow that never feels like enough. So, I want to step up my prayer game or more like, I want to step up my game as the spiritual leader of the house. 2 things: tithing and reading the Good Book. Tithing needs to happen 100% every time I get paid. God deserves his 10%. And reading the Bible...it's something I've never done. The plan is to finish the Bible through and through. The plan?

Goal: 2 chapters a day and 5 on each weekend day + daily devotional's and general Prayer Warrior business.

meditation_6MO_15FPS.gif

BOOM! I'm so excited to get this challenge under way! I feel like I'll have to work for some of these goals and that's a good thing. I don't want this to be easy by any means. Thank you all for joining me on another journey through the wild lands of my mind. Feel free to hang out and shoot the breeze with me :) 

35863350602_a69f7ca900_h-1140x640.jpg

Wolf

• Like 16

Wild Wolf

Class: Peerless Scarred/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 188#

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Intro to Wolflean

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Gotham Project: 1

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

36034477795_58e8e2e943_b.jpg

Those gold pebble looking things are called Tension ShardsTension Shards come from ancient Adalian mystical arts: they are infused with Essence, and recharge during combat by capturing Tension, the energy flowing between two fighters.

I will have my own Tension Shards or TS for short during this challenge. When I complete something directly related to my goals then I will fill my tension meter each week. This will just be my way of tracking weekly completion with a fun percentage aka Tension Shards. Since there are 4 shards in this pic, it works perfect to correlate with my 4 challenge goals. The goal is to have each shard filled by the end of the week! There's gotta be a nasty joke in there somewhere, yeah? LOL! :) 

Week 1:

Week 2:

Week 3:

Week 4:

Wolf

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Wild Wolf

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Spoiler

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Awesome challeng!  Outstanding goals ( of course I read "Forsaken" as " foreskin").  Some things never change!  Hopefully you and Heather will share some yummy new healthy recipes.  I am just getting ready to gut my kitchen and go all in so I am with you there!

• Like 3

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

Following along again. Very proud to have a new pic to add to the collection.

http://danielgrovephoto.pass.us/tankersleywedding/i-75PcX427688062

It was awesome seeing you again and getting to meet Heather.

You know I'll be following along.

• Like 6

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

1 hour ago, T2sarahconnor said:

Awesome challeng!  Outstanding goals ( of course I read "Forsaken" as " foreskin").  Some things never change!  Hopefully you and Heather will share some yummy new healthy recipes.  I am just getting ready to gut my kitchen and go all in so I am with you there!

LOL! Oh man, that woulda been funny had it said "foreskin" instead! There's lots that I wouldn't want changed about you, T2, and your sense of humor is 100% one of them :) 

Of course I'll share some recipes! Sharing is caring, after all. Most of the recipes we use are Instapot themed and we use it probably 4-5x a week. Heather's friend Brittany has a FB group over 25k members where she does recipes and meal plans and that's where we get a lot of our stuff. Heather got to hang with her for a couple days while she was out in Cali. Do you have one, T2? If you don't have an Instapot, a good starter one is like $100 on Amazon...TOTALLY worth the investment, especially saving cooking time and clean up. And I think if you buy one through Brittany's link on FB, you get a discount, maybe? I'll have to double check and get back to you, lol.

Woot woot on cleaning out the kitchen!!

7684998_orig.jpg

We need more mason jars baaaaaaad! We're talking about making our own jam and ranch dressing and bread.....mmmmm. I'm glad Heather's finally getting on board :):) 

55 minutes ago, Raxie said:

BAM!  This is a cool looking challenge - I've never heard of this game before but those gifs look like the graphics and animation style are really cool! I might have to check it out!

Thanks, Rax ;) It's an Indie game that's been making some waves lately. The games on a discount price of $26 as a pre-order bonus plus an armor and mask set at the start of the game. It's pretty cheap for a game that seems pretty complex and like you said, the graphics and animation look veeerrrry swanky haha.

34 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following along again. Very proud to have a new pic to add to the collection.

http://danielgrovephoto.pass.us/tankersleywedding/i-75PcX427688062

It was awesome seeing you again and getting to meet Heather.

You know I'll be following along.

Hey brother, glad to have ya!! AHHHH! I love that pic! I loved all the pics from the wedding! It makes me smile REAL big thinking about that whole weekend..

tenor.gif

Heather was so excited you meet you and Melissa as was I. You're one lucky man, Tank ;) Do me a huge favor will ya?? Tell Justin, David and Joe I said hello, more specifically, tell Justin and David I'm working on reunion cod pieces for all of us...  

tenor.gif

(not an accident I posted that twice...)

31 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I wouldn't miss a Wolfie challenge. 

YUSSSS!!! The Man with the Hammer has arrived! How are you sir....you gotta be gearing up for another school year, huh? 

giphy.gif

27 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

Looks like a great challenge. All great goals, but especially liking the praying and Bible reading.

Thank you, EG! Funny thing, when I wrote down that goal I thought to myself that you you would like that specifically...HA! I know you so well :) 

Wheeeeeeeeeewwwww.....I'm sleepy. Work ran SUPER late today...like, I switched my half day and didn't leave till around 530. Long story short, the temp we hired a couple months ago really hasn't been a big help and I've been having to do the stuff she is supposed to do....and I've been doing that and only that since last Thursday afternoon. It's just frustrating. And...even though this is really funny, I did kinda hurt my back in the process. Soooooo.... I totally flipped out of my chair today at work...

giphy.gif

Yeah...The back rest part snapped down when I was leaning back to stretch and the force cause me to flip backwards. It was 100% unexpected and the impact kind of jacked my back up. I did say something a little later on in passing but my back didn't feel sore then. It was after sitting all damn day and then driving home...the left side just feels tight. So, we'll see how I feel tomorrow. Lucky for me, I have 3 co-workers who saw and can vouch for me.

G'night y'all. I'm headed to bed to rest this workers comp back of mine...

Wolf

• Like 12

Wild Wolf

Spoiler

Following for all the awesome, Wolfie! Your gonna kill it!

• Like 1

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

7 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

G'night y'all. I'm headed to bed to rest this workers comp back of mine...

Wolf

Total sympathies for back unhappiness.  Hopefully it will sort itself quickly!

• Like 1

Level 48 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

I don't suck at jump rope! What are you saying? :ph34r:

(I suck at jump rope too... shhhh don't tell!)

P0wn it for both of us...

giphy.gif

• Like 3

I forgot to say, we're on the InstaPot train here, too!  So far my favourite things are hard-cooked eggs and being able to cook frozen meat - although, I'm still working out the technique of doing frozen chicken breast without over-cooking it.

Apparently there are no InstaPot gifs yet.  Someone get on that.

• Like 1

Level 48 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

10 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

Heather was so excited you meet you and Melissa as was I. You're one lucky man, Tank ;) Do me a huge favor will ya?? Tell Justin, David and Joe I said hello, more specifically, tell Justin and David I'm working on reunion cod pieces for all of us...  

Yes, but from what will they be made?

We got an instapot as a wedding gif. It made a 7 pound pork shoulder in 95 minutes.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

7 hours ago, deftona said:

Eeeek, a fellow gamifying challenger! Following along Wolf! 

Hey Deffy :) happy to have ya over here gamefying the SHIZ outta our challenges!! I miss playing Left 4 Dead. That game was intense!

5 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

Following for all the awesome, Wolfie! Your gonna kill it!

Jon! I'm glad you're here sir :) And just saying...but someone HAS to kill It. He'll terrorize the kids of Derry, Maine for forever!!

it-official-trailer-2-a.gif?resize=315,2

3 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Total sympathies for back unhappiness.  Hopefully it will sort itself quickly!

It suuuuuuucks! Back pain is the worse! Thanks for the well wishes, Cheetah, my back feels pretty good today. Not great, but better then yesterday :) 

2 hours ago, Myrik said:

Another awesome Wolf Challenge, following along.

Myrik! Hey brother, glad to have ya :)

2 hours ago, RedStone said:

I don't suck at jump rope! What are you saying? :ph34r:

(I suck at jump rope too... shhhh don't tell!)

P0wn it for both of us...

giphy.gif

Awwww.....that poor elephant! Hahaha, you suck too?? Odd... being the martial artist you are, I figured you would be going 100mph on the jump rope...ya know, cuz of kicking speed ;) 

I'll pwn this biatch for the both of us!! #RedStone&WolfieUnite!

1 hour ago, Cheetah said:

I forgot to say, we're on the InstaPot train here, too!  So far my favourite things are hard-cooked eggs and being able to cook frozen meat - although, I'm still working out the technique of doing frozen chicken breast without over-cooking it.

Apparently there are no InstaPot gifs yet.  Someone get on that.

INSTAPOT!! Man, what a wonderful invention...and here I thought the crock-pot was genius lol. I actually haven't made hard-cooked eggs yet but hearing that that's one of your favs makes me want to go home and make a dozen! Cooking a frozen chicken breast can be tricky, but I'm pretty sure we manually set the time for 25 min and it always ends up coming out tender and juicy. My wife messes with the Instapot more then I do but I'm pretty sure it's 25 min. I was actually nervous to use the Instapot the first couple times because of the pressure valve release lol. #ScardeyWolf

And yeah!! We need Instapot gifs!

20 minutes ago, Marauder said:

tumblr_nbtk4d4u661th5ifno1_250.gif

wolf_and_cat_iphone_wallpaper.jpg

We got dis!

16 minutes ago, T2sarahconnor said:

I will have to look at cost to send you some mason jars!  I have a ton.  And some are full of whole peeled tomatoes out of my garden!

i would insert a picture but tapatalk sucks.

REALLY?! That would be uber swanky! Mmmmm....whole peeled tomatoes sounds yummy! I bet a picture wouldn't do it justice anyways, lol. Well let me know, I don't mind paying for the shipping, especially if they are packed full of goodies :) 

So....I did things this morning. I got my happy ass up and went to the gym to test out this whole GVT training....

And since I skipped Monday, today was Chest and back. 10 sets of 10 crushed on bench at 85# and then I did 3 sets of 10 on 1-arm DB row with a 35#. Simple. Easy. Effective. I can still feel the workout in my chest so I know it was a good one! I chose not to do 10/10 on the DB rows due to time purposes, but I still feel like I accomplished things. BOOM! I'm going to regret this type of volume training come Thursday morning....cuz it's leg day. 

37b24b230f67d2314ee07f51215b8f6c--baby-g

Other than that, a solid morning and the day is underway. I'm back to doing my normal day to day job responsibilities, too. Granted, I'm at like 120 calories for the day due to my multi-vitamin chewables, cup of bone broth and my pre-workout this morning, I still consider myself in the fasting window. I just won't eat food food till after 11. I have a yummy chicken wrap headed my way around 11:30 and I plans on destroying it ;) 

4 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Yes, but from what will they be made?

We got an instapot as a wedding gif. It made a 7 pound pork shoulder in 95 minutes.

They will be made from the newest Fabreeze air freshner of course!!

Febreze-Small-Spaces-750x536.jpg

I need one that states it's for "largespaces" and not small, please and thank you ;) 

7 pounds in 95 min! Whoa man...that's unheard of! I bet that pork shoulder was delicious too! I know you're loving how quick and easy it is to use the Instapot, though.

4747277.jpg

Wolf

• Like 5

Wild Wolf

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Wild Wolf said:

He'll terrorize the kids of Derry, Maine for forever!!

it-official-trailer-2-a.gif?resize=315,2

Heather, my Heather not your Heather ( :P ) is really excited for this movie! That damned clown is creeping me the fuck out!

• Like 2

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

4 hours ago, Terra said:

Yeah, jumping rope...   Ahhh, no.  I suck at it too!  

Prospect sounds like a cool game...  Too bad I make myself "sea sick" when I play video games.  :(

Sounds like I need to challenge you and the lovely Miss @RedStone to a jump rope-off?! Fastest feet win?? HAHA! 

giphy.gif

Yes ma'am, it's going to be a very swanky game indeed! What? NO! Like the motion of the game content makes you all woozy?? Boooooooo! It might be a good thing though...one less addiction to have to worry about ;) 

4 hours ago, DrFeelgood said:

"Absolver" sounds like one of those late-night infomercial fitness objects. ;)

635915922657056083-1747513648_giphy.gif

(glad to have ya brother!)

3 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

Heather, my Heather not your Heather ( :P ) is really excited for this movie! That damned clown is creeping me the fuck out!

HA! My Heather, not your Heather, is TERRIFIED of this movie! She won't even step foot in the theater with me for scary movies! So being creeped out, does that mean you're gonna pass on seeing it?

it-trailer-pennywise-scary-clown-ahh.gif

2 hours ago, Laghail said:

Ohh, you need to lay on some links about GVT for sure. How'd you hear about the program and what persuaded you?

You got it brother! GVT Training at Bodybuilding.com is where I pulled some of my info on German Volume Training but I actually saw this mentioned in a fitness article at my moms house last Saturday. From there I did a little more research and decided that's how I wanted to structure the next 6-weeks :) There's always the time commitment to consider but today went fairly well. Maybe I won't get 10x10 on all my major lifts, but I understand the idea behind the volume. Even though 85# is something I could probably do 30 reps of....by set 8,9, and 10, that measly weight was MUCH heavier then it let off. I'm excited to see how this type of training will transform my physique!

Edit: Dude! Look at that handsome fellow in your profile pic... NOICE!

1 hour ago, Salinger said:

Hey, here to follow and support :)

Also excited for IT to come out....and terrified. Definitely terrified!

Hi Salinger! Happy to have ya aboard! Put up your dukes!

DecentLightheartedBlacklab-size_restrict

Kidding! :P It looks freaky as hell!! I've never been bothered by clowns but I know plenty of people that are (like my brother) and it might be time I dressed up as Pennywise for Halloween.

Wolf

• Like 4

Wild Wolf

Spoiler