Moros Momentum Mobility Challenge

Moros

So, for this challenge, I am keeping almost everything the same.  I'm going to GenCon next week (Aug 16 - 20), the solar eclipse is on the 21st, and then classes start for me, and so anything I do from Aug 16 - 25 will be a bonus (with the exception of meditation).  I am de-scoping a little bit, but I'd rather do that than make unrealistic expectations.

Some other minor changes are:

• When I get all of my workout stuff ready the night before, the morning stuff goes more smoothly.
  • I am planning to update my challenge four days a week.  If I can do more, I will, but I think it's better to de-scope.
  • I am planning to do legs up the wall on Mon and Wed night as part of my recovery.  Foot pain while teaching is an obstacle for my NF challenges, so I will be proactive, and get out in front of this. 

Spoiler

1. Morning Work - 49 points total

Walk - 30 minutes - Sun, Tue, Thu - 3 pts each
    Bodyweight exercises - Mon, Wed, Fri - 7pts each
        Currently (may change):
        Darbee Cardio as a warmup (1 set, build up each time)
        10 knee Pushups - build this up until can switch to normal push-ups.
                          Keep working on form
        15 wall squats - 10s
        10+7 inverted rows - build this up each time
        15+7 bridges - build this up each time
        41 second plank - build this up each time

Practice Bracing Sequence slowly three times - (Sun - Fri) - 1 pt each
    NFA Academy cool-down - (Sun - Fri) - 1 pt each
    10 minutes of mediation - 7 days - 1 pt each - using the Calm app

2. Lunch time - 18 points total

Read NF Forums - Sun - Fri - 2pts each
    Practice Bracing Sequence slowly three times - (Sun - Fri) - 1 pt each
    Contact RH wing-woman & squad - no points, but here as a reminder

3. Evening - 18 points
   Mobility - 4 nights (Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri) -
            Legs up the Wall - Mon, Wed
            Mobility - Kate Galliett - MM Drills - Tues, Fri - 2pts each
   Post NF - Sun, Tues, Thu, Fri - 1pt - updates and strategies for improvement.
   Prepare for Morning - 1pt (Sat - Thurs) - get stuff ready for next day

4. Mace Zendu (Sundays, and Thursdays) - 15 pts total

Yoga - continue with NF Yoga (Water A) and Yoga by Adrienne - (Thu, Sun) - 5pts each
    Mace workouts - 5pt each

Total Weekly Points: 100

I will consider 280 points a success (70%), 320 good, and 360 excellent.

Re-scaled: 64% of the above numbers - so 180, 206, and 231, respectively

Edit - I forgot to mention - since Aug 16 - 25 was not required, that means 10 days of the challenge are "bonus points" for me - So, my goals under the spoiler should be scaled by 18/28, in order to be consistent.

• Like 2

Rebooting Ranger and Legionary

"Only a Dead Legionary Gives Up" - Day of the Starwind

"It always seems bad at first, but then I find a way" - Samurai Jack

Following! I'm suuuuper interested to see how your scoring system shakes out - haven't done one of those myself in a hot minute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Level 71 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

Days 1 - 12: Bravoing, GenCon, the Eclipse, and First Day of Classes

So, a lot happened.  To briefly summarize:

• Did some Krav Maga for Bravo squad before I left for GenCon
  • GenCon was a lot of fun, in both gaming ways, and I did quite a bit of Nerd Fitness stuff, which included:
    • Did Star Wars Yoga as planned with Mrs. Moros - this was my first "in person" Yoga class - #AchievementUnlocked
    • Did an hour of Sun-style Tai Chi - which was a lot more difficult than I thought originally.  A lot of concentration.  I really liked it, and would like to do more in the future.  One satisfying thing was that I went by myself, after the rest of my friends begged off.
    • Did Legs up the Wall in the hotel room every night, and some mobility work.  This really helped.
    • Did a really large amount of walking, and wound up playing a game event on the floor of Lucas Oil Stadium (where the Colts play).  That was a little surreal.  Saw the 50th anniversary exhibit of GenCon there (they put it on the 50th yard line).
  • The Eclipse was a lot of fun, and a lot of hard work.  I live in one of the partial eclipse zones, but I'm an astronomer, so we had an event.  I clocked over 14,000 steps in about 3 hours, which probably says what I did.
  • I began classes, and sadly bad foot pain re-appeared.  Doing Legs up the Wall helps, but doesn't take it all away.

All in all, it was a success, though I am really tired now...

Total Points: 83

• Like 1

Sorry about the foot pain.. I didn't know you were an astronomer. We went to see the eclipse in the totality zone, and it was incredible. The night before, one of the campers, an astronomer showed us Saturn and Venus through the telescope.

Star Wars Yoga?! That sounds cool. You do these cool yoga things that make me want to do yoga. What is Star Wars Yoga?

Wisdom- 13.5 Dexterity- 10 Charisma- 11 Strength- 12 Constitution-10 

Elastigirl Just Living Life - January 3 to February 6 New Year Challenge! - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"The chief goal of living is not to merely stay alive" Mike Rowe

15 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Sorry about the foot pain.. I didn't know you were an astronomer. We went to see the eclipse in the totality zone, and it was incredible. The night before, one of the campers, an astronomer showed us Saturn and Venus through the telescope.

Star Wars Yoga?! That sounds cool. You do these cool yoga things that make me want to do yoga. What is Star Wars Yoga?

I'm glad you got to see totality - I have not yet had that opportunity :(

Star Wars Yoga was basically Yoga moves strung together in the Episodes IV - VI storyline.  We had "Downward Facing Wookie" and "Jedi Warrior Lunges" (Warrior 2).  There was also pigeon pose (the instructor said "imagine a tractor beam pulling on your butt", which made me almost fall over laughing).  Fun was had.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Moros said:

We had "Downward Facing Wookie" and "Jedi Warrior Lunges" (Warrior 2).  There was also pigeon pose (the instructor said "imagine a tractor beam pulling on your butt", which made me almost fall over laughing).  Fun was had.

:)This is great. Pigeon poses will never be boring anymore

• Like 1

Elastigirl Just Living Life - January 3 to February 6 New Year Challenge! - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

Days 13 - 19 - A wee bit overwhelmed

So, the beginning of my semester was a lot crazier than I hoped for.  It's just been a matter of hanging on.  I have been doing some good things - Yoga, and Legs up the Wall has been very helpful so far.  The last few days though, I got my first cold of the semester.  This happens, because I'm handling a huge number of papers from over a hundred people.  I do use hand sanitizer after I work with them, but I'm considering a bio-hazard suit for next semester :)

Total Points: 132

A biohazard suit is probably a worthwhile investment.:) Hope you get over the cold quickly.

Forgot to ask earlier, did you buy any games at the convention? My son bought a Hogwarts Co-op game that was super fun.

• Like 1

On 8/31/2017 at 11:38 PM, Elastigirl said:

A biohazard suit is probably a worthwhile investment.:) Hope you get over the cold quickly.

Forgot to ask earlier, did you buy any games at the convention? My son bought a Hogwarts Co-op game that was super fun.

This is like asking if I breathed at the convention :)

I and Ms. Moros bought the following things:

1. Broken Token inserts for Terraforming Mars , plus some plastic pieces

2. Some add-on pieces for the Sycthe game.

3. Picked up a copy of Star Trek Ascendancy

4. Picked up some Fate system RPG stuff.  One of my friends is a game editor, so she recommended this system.  Plus, some fate dice

5. A copy of Firefly RPG - now out of print.

6. Some cool custom graph paper and inserts

• Like 1

Days 20 - 25 - Colds are not Moros's friend

So, the student-induced cold has hung on, making it really hard to exercise.  I instituted my version of Plague Protocols(TM), and kept up with the meditation - my streak is now 123 days straight.  I did Yoga on Thursday (NF Yoga, Yin), but that's about it.

On the plus side, Ms. Moros and I played several of our new games.  Fun was had, and we started staining our Broken Token inserts.  These are custom-woodednpieces that hold the game components in an easy and attractive way.  Will take pictures when done.  We stained them on Sunday, and will start gluing them together later this week.

So, challenge-wise, things have been lame.  But, I am in an ok space about it emotionally:

• I know I've done about all I can do right now, given my teaching responsibilities, other work craziness, and emotional stuff at home.
  • In the future, I need to make the NF challenge that overlaps with the start of the semester an "unchallenge" and let go of perfectionism.

This morning, I did get up normally (the cold is about 90% done), and I did my normal walking.  That felt good.  More later.

Total Points: 142

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Moros said:

So, challenge-wise, things have been lame.  But, I am in an ok space about it emotionally:

• I know I've done about all I can do right now, given my teaching responsibilities, other work craziness, and emotional stuff at home.
  • In the future, I need to make the NF challenge that overlaps with the start of the semester an "unchallenge" and let go of perfectionism

This sounds very wise!

Looking forward to hearing about the Firefly RPG. 

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

Sounds like you guys got a good haul of games. Glad you aren't too sick to enjoy playing those. Hope you feel better soon.

My son  gave us some add on pieces for a couple of our games. We have a Firefly game, not sure if it is the one that is out of print, It is an RPG. It takes you through different episodes of the show. It is fun. I did best at it when we played a few days in a row, so I could remember the rules and how it was set up.

• Like 1