• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Psicodom

Functional trainning?

Psicodom   

Functional trainning seems to be the current fitness craze in Brazil, even more than Crossfit. But I don't see a lot of discussions on it around here, did not see many functional trainning gyms in th us, don't read much about it in blogs... any particular reason? Is it just different nemas? Differences in what is in beg now?

to be clear, by functional trainning I mean mix of body weight, Pilates type movement, some free weights, tax type, etc... not rehabilitation. 

From what I've seen Functional Training is just a re-branding of/way around Cross Fit.  Maybe it's a little less on the free weights, but every time I've seen it advertised I can't help but think it's another form of Cross Fit.  Maybe I'm wrong, but it sure as hell looks similar. 

caffeine   

The main idea in functional training is to do exercises with natural movements that involves a lot of muscles of your body at the same time. It is like crossfit without the olympic weightliftings, so it's more difficult to get injured.

After a year in a crossfit box I moved to functional training in my home watching youtube videos and I prefer that. It's cheaper and you got the comfort of your home.

Machete   

"Functional Training" is a subjective buzzword with no real current operational definition as far as I know. You have to specify what exactly you want to be functional at. Even the official CrossFit definition uses it: Constantly-varied functional movements executed at a high intensity.

become-a-crossfit-trainer-624x466.jpg

On 8/10/2017 at 2:06 PM, Garris said:

Is this like that functional patterns?

That guy Naudi is hilarious. Bret Contreras did a not-so-passive-aggressive jab at him some years ago, because he just makes himself such an easy target. How to Become a Functional Movement Guru in 40 Easy Steps.

11 hours ago, Machete said:

That guy Naudi is hilarious. Bret Contreras did a not-so-passive-aggressive jab at him some years ago, because he just makes himself such an easy target. How to Become a Functional Movement Guru in 40 Easy Steps.

I love Bret Contreras! He's hilarious, AND his glute program kicks ass. Oh, haha! Pun not intended, but I'll take it!