Buff Dudes 12 week program (3e)

After watching their episodes for the program on their Youtube channel, I went ahead and ordered the Dudes' most recent 12 week program book. I've lifted as a supplement to other programs (martial arts, etc.) off and on for years, but I felt I really needed a plan this time. Despite (or because of) their goofiness, I like the Buff Dudes' channel. I also like how they really walk the walk and don't ignore things like nutrition and cardio.

I'm nearly through Phase 1, Week 1 (four phases, 3 weeks each). Besides some serious lower back DOMS after deadlifts early in the week, it's been great. I am hoping to trade some fat for LMM. Has anyone else tried one of their programs?

I am a HUGE fan of these guys. Brandon and Hudson are the reason I picked up weights again. A lot of the habits I have in weightlifting game specifically from them and I have not been disappointed with the results. I never actually ordered the 12 week program, but I have watched almost all of the videos in regards to weight lifting and I have created my own plan based off of that. Plus their cooking segments are amazing - I still make peanut butter protein cookies to this day! lol

If anyone else has never heard of them I'd highly recommend looking into them. Good guys with good advice - that's a great synopsis for them.

• Like 1

I'm training to be (like) Batman physically, mentally, and financially.

So I'm starting week 2 of phase 1. The biggest issue I am having is time. The workouts are solid, but I'm trying to do these at work's health center and taking a long break is not always feasible. For instance, today's workout was a total of 23 sets, with 60 seconds rest time between sets. Add in a few minutes mobility warmups, changing the weight plates, and then a bit of post-stretching, that's close to an hour. Add in changing/shower times and you're pushing 90 minutes.

I've decided to skip the cardio and abs as part of the workouts because I get a lot of that at martial arts classes 2+/week.

• Like 1

I went too heavy -and with bad form- on some T-bar rows and my lower back is definitely unhappy. Yesterday was icepacks and ibuprofen. It will probably be tomorrow before I work out again. :( 

I think I may need to modify a few of the exercises until I can improve some hip mobility and hamstring flexibility.