JustCallMeAmber; it's about time!

7 hours ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

It is apparently a fairly common issue in cats, especially females for some reason? Just not something I would have guessed was possible up to this point. I will be learning more as we go along I'm sure.

We suspect our eldest cat has asthma. Every now and then she'll do this coughing/wheezing thing. It's something we're keeping an eye on.

• Like 2

Dwarf Warrior
I am today what I made myself yesterday, I will be tomorrow what I make of myself today.

Current challenge: Juni0r83 works on his Schedule-Fu

Previous challenge: Juni0r83 re-evaluates and refocuses

Poor kitty! :( I don't imagine it would be any easier pilling an older cat than a younger one. (I read that 'stress' can trigger an attack too, which seems ironic since obviously shoving a tablet down the cat's throat would probably be considered a stressor.) I hope that works out ok and doesn't progress to the point of needing treatment.

We will never see the best version of ourselves inside our comfort zone

5 hours ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

Poor kitty! I don't imagine it would be any easier pilling an older cat than a younger one. (I read that 'stress' can trigger an attack too, which seems ironic since obviously shoving a tablet down the cat's throat would probably be considered a stressor.) I hope that works out ok and doesn't progress to the point of needing treatment.

She's fine, mostly. And is as grumpy as ever. We keep an eye on it though.

Dwarf Warrior
I am today what I made myself yesterday, I will be tomorrow what I make of myself today.

Current challenge: Juni0r83 works on his Schedule-Fu

Previous challenge: Juni0r83 re-evaluates and refocuses

Week 1 summary:

Recovery time! All of the sleep! In bed at 10. Check for days with work to follow, save Wed because I passed out on the couch and didn't wake til after 10. Weekend, in bed by 10:30.

Rest time! Log rest time between sets. Check

Work time!  Leave on time in the morning. Check

Time to make the donuts!  Make 2 new NomNom cookbook things by the end of the challenge. Not yet. Yeah, ok I got lazy with meal prep this week <_<

Talk time!  Post SOMETHING every day. Don't think I posted Sunday? Otherwise , Check!

Fun timez! Finish the puzzle I have in progress so I can begin NBC puzzle. Not much progress this week. Should be quieter this week though, so I have more time to work on it.

Rolling goals

Devo 7/7

Walking. 5/7. Bonus:  (Score / reward TBD)

#Yoga365. 7/7. Bonus: (Score / reward TBD)

For a week that seemed like I got absolutely nothing done, I checked quite a few boxes. Even my intake was pretty solid,  if you factor on Wednesday's 1250 countering the following day's overage. (Scale ticked down a bit, so..yes. Yes, I am.) Stress was definitely a thing for most of the week, though. In that respect I am glad it is Monday (in the "this is a new day and a new week" sense of the word).

Onward!

giphy.gif

Boo, internet! Your selection of quantum leap gifs is sadly limited. :upset:

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

yay for checking boxes! so satisfying. 

YES! Particularly when you're running on auto pilot most of the week. Tracking things may be a PITA sometimes, but in cases like this, it is so worth it.

giphy.gif

Some day perhaps I will understand the great mystery of why what I search for (check box) returns such different results than what I picture in my head. I'm just going to roll with this because I have no idea what it is.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

Week 1 summary:

Recovery time! All of the sleep! In bed at 10. Check for days with work to follow, save Wed because I passed out on the couch and didn't wake til after 10. Weekend, in bed by 10:30.

Work time!  Leave on time in the morning. Check

Time to make the donuts!  Make 2 new NomNom cookbook things by the end of the challenge. Not yet. Yeah, ok I got lazy with meal prep this week <_<

Talk time!  Post SOMETHING every day. Don't think I posted Sunday? Otherwise , Check!

Fun timez! Finish the puzzle I have in progress so I can begin NBC puzzle. Not much progress this week. Should be quieter this week though, so I have more time to work on it.

Rolling goals

Devo 7/7

Walking. 5/7. Bonus:  (Score / reward TBD)

Dude! The things! So many of the things!!! Good thing for checkboxes or we might never give ourselves credit ;) Well done!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
16 hours ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

Late with the kudos, but wanted to chime in my agreement - GREAT JOB this week!!!

giphy.gif

Y'all are making me wish Week 2 was going better than it is lol :lol:

Of course, it is only half done, so I still have time to be better! ..or at least suck less :P

1 hour ago, Deciduous said:

You're doing it all!!!

giphy.gif

Thanks! Trying to! I know the walking is going to take a hit the next several days because my grandpa is coming to stay. :) But I should be able to handle everything else.

Spoiler

It actually works out pretty well timing-wise because I somehow managed to hurt myself getting in the car today. (No clue.) I was fine all morning and about 5 minutes in to my commute I get a deep, radiating ache from just below my knee up through my hip. I think I've just made one too many jokes about feeling old :lol:

Also, henceforth, all check lists will be done in micro-segments just like this gif. I'm feeling more productive already! :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Deciduous said:

I love the micro segmented lists lol - it takes tooooo long to check things off. Gonna start splitting.

Hooray grandpa!

Hide contents

hope you're feeling way better today! That is totally random and sucks!

Yep! I tend to mark my work whiteboard in shorthand and one item may have 5 or 6 tasks associated with it, which of course may not be able to be done consecutively so it takes a week (or a month) to check it off the list. This way it'll be easier to tell what I spend all of my time doing (besides NF :P)

YES! I'm looking forward to seeing him. Funny how you live a ridiculously short car ride away from people and still only manage to see them like twice a year.

I am, thank you! I kept it propped up most of the workday yesterday and tried to stay off of it as much as feasible last evening to give it a break. Knee is still a bit ish, but much less grumpy than yesterday. (Also reversed my normal split so I did upper today and will deadlift tomorrow.)

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Deciduous said:

I love it :) I'm going to do this too, even in my email tasks for work. Really glad I posted that gif, now!

Yay! Me too! :D

I wonder where we learn it or if the size of our radius runs in families! I call the 1/2 hour around my parents entering "the circle of (parental) concern".

I think it kinda depends on the person? My brother regularly drives 1hr+ to spend time with his wife's family on the weekends, whereas I tend to have to make myself venture out for anything other than food lol

Awesome!!! Glad it is improving and reversing the split is smart :) I get stuck in "the order things must be" sometimes!

Thanks! I am very much the kind of person that "the way I schedule things" = "the order things must be done". But I had something of an epiphany months ago when my knees said #lolnope to squat day and it sort of hit me, "ya know, you could just bench today and squat tomorrow?" (which made me feel like both a genius and a dum-dum at the same time for not thinking about it before :lol:) Flexibility FTW!

• Like 4

Week 2 summary:

Recovery time! All of the sleep! In bed at 10. 3/5 for days with work to follow. Friday up til after 11, Saturday in bed by 9:30 (and stayed in bed til 9:15 the following morning.)

Work time!  Leave on time in the morning. 3/5. Late Monday and Friday because kitty did not want to cooperate taking her pill.

Time to make the donuts!  Make 2 new NomNom cookbook things by the end of the challenge. Sort of? Lol.

Talk time!  Post SOMETHING every day. Don't think I posted Sunday? Otherwise , Check! ..I'm sensing a pattern here.

Fun timez! Finish the puzzle I have in progress Check!  so I can begin NBC puzzle.

Rolling goals

Devo 6/7. Oh Sunday, why do you escape me?

Walking. 2/7. Bonus:  1  (Score / reward TBD)

Tired Amber was tired this week. (And yet on 2 occasions I stayed up late so I could eat PB?..) I pretty much figured the 2nd half of the week would be a #nope for walking/yoga with houseguest. I was accurate in that assumption. But I was able to finish the puzzle I'd been working on, so I can start on the NBC puzzle. And I technically did sorta cook Orange Sriracha chicken. I made the marinade, I just spaced on making the sauce. (This was mostly because I'd decided to make cauliflower rice to go with it and didn't realize the food processor is broken. So I 'riced" the cauli by hand. All 2.5lbs of it. 0/10 would not recommend.) My solution to the lack of sauce was to just dump a bunch of sriracha on top of the cooked chicken. Because a good chef should know how to improvise lol. ;)

Looking forward to get back on track this week!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

new week! glad you were able to catch up on some sleep this weekend :) 

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

On 8/27/2017 at 10:04 AM, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

I do the same thing with the order (mostly at work).  Somehow it just feels weird to do it out of order.  But...why put that extra pressure on myself, right? 

It does sort of feel like crossing your arms the other way. Just.. wrong somehow lol. But if it doesn't HAVE to be done in order (ok, technically your socks do still have to go on before your shoes), and we can do the things in a less stressful manner, then why not? :)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

new week! glad you were able to catch up on some sleep this weekend :) 

Thanks! :) It would've been more restful if one of my cats (who usually sleeps in the guest room at night) hadn't decided he wanted attention every 2 hours lol. (He's the one that thinks himself dainty when in point of fact he weighs over 20lbs, so you know it when he jumps on the bed. To say nothing of pawing at my face/neck, and flopping himself on my pillow, which essentially put the back half of said cat directly on my face. This is why he sleeps by himself.. :lol:) But we are back to our regularly scheduled programming, so restful rest is going to be happening now. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

3 hours ago, calanthrophy said:

For creatures that sleep 26 hours per day, cats sure do hate it when their humans try to sleep.

1 hour ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

TRUTH. 

Much as I love cats, they can be jerks at times

This is entirely accurate. My cat now gets locked in a room downstairs because he cannot be trusted to let me have more than 2 hours sleep max....

Neutral Gargoyle Warrior with a dash of Ranger/Monk/Adventurer. Now LEVEL 9!  My Instagram

STR 78, CON 31, DEX 1, INT 21, WIS 13.5, CHA 4

Meet lifts: SQ 175kg, B 112.5kg, Dead 215kg.   Gym lifts: SQ 185kg, B 132.5kg, Dead 220kg

Nerd Stuff: Sci Fi TV, Sci Fi + Fantasy Books, Classic Space Lego, Warhammer 40K...