• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hi Nerds, 

I have had pairs of Reebok Nano 2s, Nano 4s, Nano 5s, New Balance Minimus, Merrell Bare Access... I've almost burned out my current Nano 4s and am looking for a replacement. I'm looking for something low-drop with a big toe box (my toes splay) that I can wear casually or for workouts. I'm looking into the NoBull brand, but am hesitant to buy something I can't try on first. What do y'all like? 

I'm currently on my third pair of New Balance Minimus V1's.  They're some of the few that fit my weird shaped feet (I'm narrow at the heel, but have wide, square toes).

My only problem with the Minimus line is that the V1's are the only ones that are actually "minimalist."  The rest of the line has increasingly thick soles and uppers, until you're just wearing a lighter standard shoe...

Oh, and every time I get a new pair, they've raised the price. :playful:

5 hours ago, Anim07734 said:

I'm currently on my third pair of New Balance Minimus V1's.  They're some of the few that fit my weird shaped feet (I'm narrow at the heel, but have wide, square toes).

My only problem with the Minimus line is that the V1's are the only ones that are actually "minimalist."  The rest of the line has increasingly thick soles and uppers, until you're just wearing a lighter standard shoe...

Oh, and every time I get a new pair, they've raised the price. :playful:

I had one of the really early Minimus shoes, and I agree, they fit my feet well. I couldn't believe how much the price had gone up last time I checked them out!

I just stopped by REI and tried on some of the newer Merrell "minimal" trail running shoes. They re-shaped the toe so it's too narrow in the front. Not cool! At this point, I'm thinking about trying to dredge up one of the old pairs of Nanos.