• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Elastigirl sits at the edge of the pool, dangling her feet in the cool water. It’s been a long summer of chasing villains and saving the city, and she is glad to finally have time to relax. I could just sit here all day, enjoying the sun and people watch, she contently thinks to herself.

BZZZZ- her wrist watch vibrates and screeches. She closes her eyes, and ignores it. She’s chased all the villains away, really what ever it is can surely wait.

BZZZZ BZZZ BZZ, it blares again, then flashes the code 911. Alert now, she sits up and looks at her watch, reading the rest of the text.

Calling all Superheroes! Godzilla rampaging through our downtown! He’s destroying everything in his path! People are fleeing in terror! Urgent help needed or we will all die!

Without a second glance back at the pool, Elastigirl, rushes off to save her city. She is a superhero, and saving people is what she does.

BnzgxjfIUAIG279.jpg

My challenge this time is written as a boss battle. I need to get enough hit points to destroy Godzilla and save my town. I will have a short break as I take a long weekend to go on a camping adventure to see the solar eclipse.

1)Last challenge I made a list of things I wanted done by summer end. I successfully completed some, and worked on others Some of them I'm having a bit of motivational problems, so I'm assigning points.

Goal: summer stuff

Work on Hawaii scrapbook 2 HP  each day I work on it- 30  bonus for completion

Spent time on Algebra 2 -2 HP each day I work on it- 30 bonus for getting to chapter 5

Planning Disneyland trip 2 HP each day

Camping trip 2HP each d

2) Deadhang 60 seconds a day-   can be done in sets 25 point bonus for 20 days

3) Morning Routine and Experiment

I'm going to continue my morning routine of reading the Bible and praying first thing. Last month I experimented with working out after breakfast. I'm going to try that again. But, I'm doing a different workout, so it may not work as well. Either way, I'll workout before computer time, because that just works better. No points for this.  For the Bible, I have a big point reward at year end, and the other stuff I want to leave room to see what works

Win Points:

0-45 points Lose- City destroyed- Elastigirl has to clean up mess- spend one hour cleaning garage

50-74 points – Godzilla is hit in the head and dazed. He’s been slowed down, but it will take more to take him down: https://www.amazon.com/Heart-Sea-Tragedy-Whaleship-Essex-ebook/dp/B000OZ0NWQ/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&coliid=I3OKRJE0CI7P4I&colid=2FXN9I8R0TTC&qid=&sr=

75-100- -Godzilla has been seriously wounded. He is strong though, and refuses to give up. Though he can not do much damage, he still continues a feeble fight.prize https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IVJK8JK/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I22MUGLSIR9NPT&colid=2FXN9I8R0TTC

100+ KNOCK OUT! Godzilla has been knocked unconscious and the threat is no more Prize https://www.amazon.com/Womens-Tropical-Floral-Graphic-T-Shirt/dp/B071DM4GY3/ref=sr_1_14?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1503701144&sr=1-14&nodeID=7141123011&psd=1&keywords=moana+t+shirt+women

Other stuff:

I'm going to be working on my Simple and Sinister goals with the kettlebell, and going through GMB's Element program. I have an accountabillibuddy for the Element's Program, and the deadhangs. The accountabillibuddy group for the deadhangs is a continuation of the pushup one last challenge, where we did pushups every day. Some people are doing daily push ups, and some are doing daily deadhangs. The link is in my signature for both.

• Like 11

Grenwolf   
2 hours ago, Stribs said:

Following for sure!  Thanks for all your support and good luck with your goals!

My sentiments exactly. Following!

• Like 1

zenLara   

Kick that ass!

Someone ever tried to sit down with Godzilla and explain him what is right and wrong and that "your liberty ends where mine begins"? Really, I pity this thing. I am sure he didn't have a proper education and is in need of support...

Is Godzilla a he or a she? Does he/she have a family that he/she is trying to protect from us?

Eeerrr...

Kick that ass!

• Haha 2

-Key-   

I love that pic! My brother is living in Seattle and I plan to move there in the next year or two.

Great goals! I love your point system based on destroying the city. Super fun. Following!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Elennare said:

This is an awesome challenge. :)  Go kick Godzilla's butt!

Thanks!

17 hours ago, Red1263 said:

Take down that big lizard!

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

:) Will do

17 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Normally I'd put my money on the zilla, but not against Elastigirl. 

17 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following to watch you put the hurt on Godzilla.

Image result for godzilla fail gif

Oh, yeah, he's going down!

16 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

Yay Elements! I'm excited to hear what you think about it! 

Looked at it some and I'm super excited to start

15 hours ago, Grenwolf said:

My sentiments exactly. Following!

Thanks. I need to come by and check out your battle log again.I tend to forget the battle log's exsist for some reason. But if you post here, then I will remember better,

8 hours ago, zenLara said:

Kick that ass!

Someone ever tried to sit down with Godzilla and explain him what is right and wrong and that "your liberty ends where mine begins"? Really, I pity this thing. I am sure he didn't have a proper education and is in need of support...

Is Godzilla a he or a she? Does he/she have a family that he/she is trying to protect from us?

Eeerrr...

Kick that ass!

:lol: Once Godzilla started taking down buildings, talking time was done.;)

6 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

Hey Elastigirl! Following to watch you kick Godzilla's behind!

4 hours ago, annyshay said:

Godzilla!!! Last challenge I was cheering for @raptron to be more Godzilla. This challenge E.G. Is taking Godzilla down. Have I mentioned how much I love NF?? :)

That's too funny. I missed Raptron's challenge. Sometimes I think I just need to make it a full time job to read everyone's challenges.

2 hours ago, -Key- said:

I love that pic! My brother is living in Seattle and I plan to move there in the next year or two.

Great goals! I love your point system based on destroying the city. Super fun. Following!

I will do my best to save Seattle so it is still here next year.:lol:

• Like 3

Mizbrek   

Following along! Godzilla is going down!

Also, yay Disneyland Trip! When are you guys going? Any particular plans while there?

• Like 1

Nymeria   

I can't wait to hear about the Disney stuff.  We're planning a trip to Disneyland next summer, so I'd love any details or info!  I'm bummed that they don't seem to use the same fast pass system that Disney World uses.  Are you going to do universal, too?  I'm still trying to decide whether universal Hollywood is worth doing, or is it more or less the same stuff as Universal in Orlando.

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:41 AM, elizevdmerwe said:

Ooh, I can't show this to the boys, they LOVE Godzilla! But I'm still cheering for you ;)

:lol:Glad you at least aren't rooting for Godzilla;)

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:33 AM, T2sarahconnor said:

Following to cheer you on!

Thanks, glad to have you

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 0:41 PM, Mizbrek said:

Following along! Godzilla is going down!

Also, yay Disneyland Trip! When are you guys going? Any particular plans while there?

In October, Doing Disneyland, Universal Studios, and hopefully a little bit of beach time

10 hours ago, Nymeria said:

I can't wait to hear about the Disney stuff.  We're planning a trip to Disneyland next summer, so I'd love any details or info!  I'm bummed that they don't seem to use the same fast pass system that Disney World uses.  Are you going to do universal, too?  I'm still trying to decide whether universal Hollywood is worth doing, or is it more or less the same stuff as Universal in Orlando.

They don't do fast passes in Disneyland? Last time we went (8 years ago ) they did. I hope they have something. Though we are going in the fall, so hopefully lines are shorter.  Yes, we are doing Universal . There are few different things, but Hogwarts Land is smaller. I'll let you know what I think. I'm looking forward to it, but if I were closer to the one in Florida, it looks bigger , and I think I'd choose it.

10 hours ago, Salinger said:

Brilliant theme, exciting too. WIll be following along x

Thanks, glad you are here!

• Like 3

Time for a long wandering post where I try and sort out my thoughts on my fitness goals.

For the longest time (over 2 years) I've had a goal to meet the benchmarks in the Simple kettlebell program. I've worked hard at it, and made lots of progress. Sometimes that progress has been soooo super slow. But I have gotten stronger. I sort of burned out with it, and then I gave myself loot prizes, and had renewed energy. Then I burnt out again, and took a break, and came back again and worked at it. Got burned out with it, switched to rings for a cycle, and now it's time to go back. But I was finding myself very reluctant to get back at it. I pondered my why and why I might be struggling. I really like working with kettlebells. I like the workout itself. The slow mix of the TGU, combined with faster swings, just makes me feel good, and overall healthy.

So I wondered why I was dreading it. My swing has lagged a bit, and I at least for a bit, need to go back in weight, and possibly the same with the TGU. And it makes me feel as if I'm behind on my goals. I feel as if I'm on a long hiking trip, and way off in the distance, you can see the mountain peak, but the further you walk, the further away the peak seems. And the more switchback you have to hike. And I don't know if it is worth it to keep moving. But, maybe if I enjoy the hike and didn't have to really care if I ever made it to the peak. What if I could hike just because I enjoyed it, and maybe reach the peak, but maybe not?

I think if I took the pressure off myself to reach the Simple goals, then I would enjoy it more. Still do the workouts. Work on Simple for about 8 -10 weeks, and then regardless of whether I had made my goal or not move on. Thinking about it, something that really motivates me, is to finish something.  I liked doing the GMB ring 1 program and finishing it. I'll work through it again next spring, so in that sense I'm not finished. But in the sense that I showed up, did the training to the best of my ability, and completed all the workouts, I'm finished. Whereas, with a Simple goal, I have no control over when or if I will get there. I see all these people who've sprinted there in only 2 months, and while I'm not supposed to compare, I find it discouraging. 

I think I would do better to just do the workouts,  still have the benchmarks as something to obtain some day, but not put pressure on myself , and if I want to do another GMB program or another kettlebell program, give myself the freedom to move on. Side note for reference- On the Strong First forum, hitting the Simple goal is pretty much the base standard, and really you shouldn't do any other programs until you've hit this mark. Which is where I get that pressure from. But to do that I would have to hire a trainer, and I don't want to.  So maybe I'm o.k with just my slow poke do it  as I want.

I feel a bit like I've worked so hard on something , and it's a bit lame to give up. It's not that I'm not going to work toward the goal, just maybe that I'm giving myself permission to move on. Work on it for a bit in a cycle, then put it down and move on to something else. 

And on another note.

Our church had it's summer ball last Friday night. We did Salsa, Two -Step, Swing, waltz, and *contra. It was super fun. I am actually starting to feel like I can just relax and enjoy myself and have to think as much about all the movements. A couple of years ago, my challenge was to learn this contra dance that I was really struggling with. I watched videos on it until I felt more comfortable. Friday night we did that dance, and our dance instructor didn't even call out the moves like she used to, and we for the most part remembered it( we laughingly made a few mistakes.

*Contra dance

Contra dance (also contradance, contra-dance and other variant spellings) refers to a folk dance, similar to a square dance, except instead of the square formation, it is danced in lines of couples, with every other couple facing up or down the hall. (think like something you would see in a Pride and Prejudice movie)

• Like 11

Stribs   
1 hour ago, Elastigirl said:

I see all these people who've sprinted there in only 2 months, and while I'm not supposed to compare, I find it discouraging. 

I can relate to this, and it is so hard not to compare yourself to other people (especially when it feels like you're really pushing yourself and working your butt off, only to have results that don't match your drive and effort).  But the rest of your post hits the heart of it I think, you need to do what it takes to feel good about the work you're putting in, and get the most out of your workouts.  Bend the rules as long as you can do it safely!!

1 hour ago, Elastigirl said:

Our church had it's summer ball last Friday night. We did Salsa, Two -Step, Swing, waltz, and *contra. It was super fun. I am actually starting to feel like I can just relax and enjoy myself and have to think as much about all the movements. A couple of years ago, my challenge was to learn this contra dance that I was really struggling with. I watched videos on it until I felt more comfortable. Friday night we did that dance, and our dance instructor didn't even call out the moves like she used to, and we for the most part remembered it( we laughingly made a few mistakes.

*Contra dance

Contra dance (also contradance, contra-dance and other variant spellings) refers to a folk dance, similar to a square dance, except instead of the square formation, it is danced in lines of couples, with every other couple facing up or down the hall. (think like something you would see in a Pride and Prejudice movie)

I really want to learn swing.  Will have to work harder to drag hubs to lessons.  Sounds like you did a great job!

12 minutes ago, Stribs said:

I can relate to this, and it is so hard not to compare yourself to other people (especially when it feels like you're really pushing yourself and working your butt off, only to have results that don't match your drive and effort).  But the rest of your post hits the heart of it I think, you need to do what it takes to feel good about the work you're putting in, and get the most out of your workouts.  Bend the rules as long as you can do it safely!!

I really want to learn swing.  Will have to work harder to drag hubs to lessons.  Sounds like you did a great job!

Yes, we all know we aren't supposed to compare ourselves. But it is really hard to just turn that off. Especially for me in this case where I've been working so long. And as far as safety, it's actually safer for me not to have the goal. I'm more likely to take it at my pace instead of trying to race to finish.

Yes, swing is so fun. That was the first dancing I did. Our community center had swing dancing lesson, and my hubby and I went. It  helped me start to feel more comfortable with dancing,

• Like 1

I read your post about the Simple benchmarks a couple hours ago and I just kind of let it rattle around in my head in the interim. All I can really say is I sympathize. I've been beating my head against the sport wall for six years and have finally gotten to a point where I just don't want to pick up my sport bells. I'm not necessarily done but I need some time to not focus on counting my reps. Like you I have seen people who started after I did and seemingly, effortlessly surpassed me. It's a little disheartening to feel like I'm, you're "falling behind" and it's inevitable. 

The good news is, all of this is voluntary. We don't have to do any of it and that we are makes us better. Also, time away doesn't mean "done", it's not even necessarily time lost from the journey. Sometimes the body needs to do something else, to be tested in new ways to continue to improve.

For what it's worth, I think you're amazing You have a consistency and commitment to a goal that few can match. For your stats, you've got to be in the top single digit percentile of fitness. Do do it all for yourself, by yourself, with nothing but a few glowing pixels on a screen and your immediate family as reinforcement. Keep it up. I find it inspirational. 

• Like 4