What? EternalJourno is evolving into Rey of Light!

FatboySuave

I talked to some of my medical friends and they're going to put me on their waiting list for med students who visit the area. Hopefully I'll be able to snatch someone as a tenant. And if all goes well, I could hopefully get a steady flow of students every couples months. But as of right now, the situation hasn't really changed. This was a wake-up call though, so I need to actively be more careful with my money. I'm stuck in some weird peaceful middle ground between calm and panic. I did my meal prep last night. So my goal is to not spend any money this week on food and to only eat what's in my fridge. Easier said than done, lol. I have a super strong urge to just give up on everything, but something inside is still pushing me forward.

• Like 1

Current Challenge  
Battle Log

Previous Challenges: 1 — 23456 — 78910111213 — 14 — 1516 — 17181920 — 2122 — 23 — 24 — 25 

Aaaaaand I feel like a big dumb dumb. I had $400 sitting in my PayPal account from my current tenant paying rent this month. I thought I had already transferred it to my bank, but apparently not, lol. So crisis averted! For now...

• Like 1

Current Challenge  
Battle Log

Previous Challenges: 1 — 23456 — 78910111213 — 14 — 1516 — 17181920 — 2122 — 23 — 24 — 25 

58 minutes ago, Rey of Light said:

So crisis averted! For now...

Great news!  Still, that wake-up call was helpful, as it lead to some networking, potential tenants and meal prep - keep it up! :D

• Like 1

Level 16 Warrior Druidess

Walk FROM Mordor   Challenges: Current (#17)   Previous (#1-16)

Keto:  https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/keto      Fasting:  https://idmprogram.com/tag/fasting/

Things are going pretty smooth and I feel good and clear headed. Meal prep helped this week. And I actually stuck to it. I had a few minor diet cheats throughout the week. I still haven't been active. No workouts. No walks. But it's all good. The most important thing is my emotional/mental state right now. Reducing my work load really helped. And re-focusing on my finances is helping too.

I realized something recently. When I'm home after work, I constantly have this feeling that I SHOULD be doing something. So I'm always in a state of semi-panic. I think part of it is the result of many years as a reporter. When you're a writer, you always have a deadline looming. So your brain is constantly thinking about things you should be doing, people you should be calling and writing that should be done. Ever since I went to full-time editing, that feeling continued to hang around even though I didn't have to bring my work home with me. I think I filled that void with my workouts and meal prep for a while. But then recently I started shutting down a lot and doing nothing, so that feeling came back around that I SHOULD be doing stuff. It really messes with my brain. But refocusing the past few weeks is helping. I put a lot of pressure on myself to get things done. But if I can just ignore certain responsibilities for a while, then I find myself better capable of taking on tasks. Not sure how or why. 

In other news I got a new phone. I switched to a new carrier and I'm leasing a new Galaxy S8. But I'm actually saving money compared to my old plan. So that's good on the financial front. But also I now have a working camera! I really struggled without having a photo outlet for myself. I've always loved taking photos, so it feels good to have that ability again. Excited to mess with the camera. I'll try to get you guys some good Novel/Booklet shots soon. 

• Like 1

Current Challenge  
Battle Log