Kwesadilo squats correctly

kwesadilo

I'm doing pretty much what I was doing last time, except hopefully better.

• Fix my squat form. This has improved in the past 5 weeks or so,  but I still want to get to the point where I can do a heavy set of 5 and be confident that they will be over my mid-foot.
  • Do yoga twice a week.
  • Get in bed by 11:30 pm 5 nights each week.
  • Work on SICP for at least 30 minutes on Tuesday or Thursday night and at least 30 minutes on Saturday or Sunday. Tuesday and Thursday worked pretty well last time, so I want to expand this.

None of my weekly goals are allowed to borrow from future weeks. I've found that doesn't encourage responsible behavior.

"I've got to look like I could kill someone when I take my shirt off." - Daniel Craig

Epic Quest character

Level 13 Human Warrior

STR - 63 DEX - 22 STA - 16 CON - 47 WIS - 48 CHA - 7

do you have a video of you squats?  I missed it.

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

Week 1 update

• Squats: Today, 0 of my work reps were over my mid-foot, but none of them were in front of my feet, so that's something. On Wednesday, 20/35 of my front squat sets were over my feet. I've started putting weight on the bar for front squats, since I seemed to have gotten all I was going to get out of trying to do it better with just the bar. 12/15 of my work reps were over my feet.
  • Yoga: Did it on Saturday and Sunday.
  • Sleep: Got to bed on time on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday.
  • SICP: Worked for 30 minutes on Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday. I should probably have made this goal to work for 30 minutes on any 2 of the 4 days that I listed, but it seems to be working so far, anyway.
  • Like 3

"I've got to look like I could kill someone when I take my shirt off." - Daniel Craig

Epic Quest character

Level 13 Human Warrior

9 hours ago, Laghail said:

Props on the bedtime gainz

This has been one of the harder things for me to keep doing over a long period of time, but it makes a lot of other stuff go noticeably better. Hopefully, I can stick with it.

• Like 1

Epic Quest character

Level 13 Human Warrior

Week 2 update

• Squats: Today, 3/25 of my work reps were over the middle of my shoelaces, which is a little better than last week. On Wednesday, 22/36 of my front squat reps were over my feet. I have started to notice that my elbows are sore after I squat heavy. I think that I am used to gripping the bar at an angle that keeps my hands above it when I am leaned forward, but now that I am leaning back a little more, my hands slide below the bar. I can avoid doing it if I concentrate, but it's hard to do that when I'm concentrating on not being crushed by 330 lbs.
  • Yoga: Did it on Saturday and Sunday, although the Sunday session was pretty perfunctory.
  • Sleep: Got to bed on time Monday through Friday. I started to get to bed on time Sunday, but I decided to forego the extra sleep in service of my programming goal.
  • SICP: Did about an hour on Thursday and again on Sunday. I think I might have also programmed some on Friday.
  • Like 1

Epic Quest character

Level 13 Human Warrior

Week 3 update

• Squats: Today, 2/25 of my work reps were over my mid-foot, and another 11/25 were over the middle of my shoelaces, which is dramatically better than last week. Coincidentally, I also did 335x5x5 for the first time. The most I had previously squatted was 335x5x3, and the most I had squatted recently was 330. On Wednesday, 24/41 of my front squat reps were over my feet, which is about the same as last week. My elbows are still a little sore, but I don't think it's quite as bad as last week.
  • Yoga: Did it on Saturday and Sunday.
  • Sleep: Got to bed on time Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday.
  • SICP: Did half an hour on Thursday and half an hour tonight. This is a little shady, but I'll count tonight's work for Sunday, since it's a long weekend.
  • Like 1

Epic Quest character

Level 13 Human Warrior

Week 4 update

• Squats: Today, 5/25 of my work reps were over my mid-foot, and another 10/25 were over the middle of my shoelaces. My last work set was entirely over my mid-foot and mid-laces. Alas, I reflexively deleted the video. It was also a 5RM, and a 5x5 PR (340), so it was pretty glorious. On Wednesday, 28/41 of my front squat reps were over my feet, and a couple of them were even over my mid-foot. My front-squat work sets seem to be more over my feet than my warm-ups. I'm not sure if that's just because I'm warmed up, or because the heavier weight forces me to have better form to avoid dropping it.
    • My goal was to get the point where I could be confident that a heavy set of 5 would be over my mid-foot. I'm not there yet, but I've gotten to the point where that is a possibility. I'll call this 50% done.
  • Yoga: Did it on Saturday and Sunday, although the Sunday session was somewhat abbreviated.
    • This is 100% complete, although I would have liked a couple of my sessions to be longer.
  • Sleep: Got to bed on time on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Sunday.
    • Amazingly, this was 100% complete. I thought I had missed at least a day.
  • SICP: Worked on this for more than 30 minutes on Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday.
    • 100% complete. This also worked out better than I thought it would. Maybe I will keep the split between Tuesday/Thursday and Saturday/Sunday.
  • Like 1

Epic Quest character

Level 13 Human Warrior