RogueLibrarian vs. Dad Bod: score chase edition

Super flexible challenge this month because school is starting, Dragoncon is in two weeks, and focus is hard to come by. So I've come up with a points system!

Let's see how this goes. I will definitely be adding to the list. I made up all these numbers and am bad at math, so, y'know.

Workouts
Kickboxing class: 100
30+ -minute walk: 25
Cardio 30+ mins: 50
BW or weights workout: 50

Climbing wall: 50
Pushups/pullups (3+ sets): 25

Any kind of workout during Dragoncon: +15 bonus points

Diet, healthy lifestyle and just for fun
Meditation all week (7 days): 50
Bring fruit to work all week (usually 5 days): 10

Lockpick practice 15 minutes:  5

Write for an hour: 20
Work on presentations, promotion file, or projects for an hour: 15

Penalties
Second screen -- using laptop, phone or tablet while watching TV (for anything more than a quick message or IMDB lookup): -10
Eat lunch out instead of packing something healthy: -10

Weekly ranks

500: Master Thief
400: Cunning Rogue
300: Street Rat
200: Grubby Urchin
100: Easy Mark

• Like 4

"We can be heroes"

Yesterday:

Bodyweight workout, 50 points.

My work gym is open again and the pullup bar is back, so I can do suspension workouts! Also practiced jump rope a little, which is what defeated me in the last NFA boss battle. Trying to remember to add that to my routine more often. Hm, maybe I should give that a points value.

I took about a day and a half off Facebook from Sunday morning through Monday. I miss my people when I disconnect, but the news gets to me sometimes. Deleted the apps off my phone and tablet for the present. Noting to myself that this is something I should probably do once in a while. 

Meditation streak is approaching 300 consecutive days. Goal: 365.

• Like 3

"We can be heroes"

Following!

I love the weekly ranks idea! I hope you have a stress-free successful challenge. :) 

• Like 1

Fitocracy  GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

Afternoon walk: +25 points.

This challenge format would work well in Habitica or something. I am resisting the urge to create too many places to track stuff. This is supposed to be flexible. :)

Forgot to mention -- my climbing wall is still closed, with no reopening date posted. The semester starts next week, and I know they've been in there working on it and putting up holds, so I don't think it'll be too long.

Also: The past challenge links in my signature are way out of whack and need to be updated. Not this second. Just making a note to myself.

• Like 2

"We can be heroes"

10 minutes ago, Black Daiquiri said:

Where's the bonuses for cat pictures posted?

You guys only like me for my kitten. I see how it is.

LchzskMl.png

Dvu3vscl.png

Qtrg4p8l.png

10 minutes ago, Black Daiquiri said:

This actually looks like a neat format. I may steal sometime. ;) 

I give credit to @karinajean for the idea -- I was carping to her last night about not knowing what to do on my next challenge and she suggested that I just make up some points. :)

• Like 5

"We can be heroes"

You made it!

I love the weekly rankings. Hope this challenge format will work out for you! :) 

15 hours ago, RogueLibrarian said:

Second screen -- using laptop, phone or tablet while watching TV (for anything more than a quick message or IMDB lookup): -10

For some reason this made me cringe. Not because I don't do exactly the same thing, but it's just such a rich westerner privilege problem that eeks me out.

4 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

You made it!

I was here all along, just ... stealthy? 

No, I can't back that up.

4 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

For some reason this made me cringe. Not because I don't do exactly the same thing, but it's just such a rich westerner privilege problem that eeks me out.

Oh, totally. And frankly, of all the many things I could work on improving in my life, this is realistically pretty low on the list. :) Just something I've caught myself doing a lot lately that I want to stop. 

But last night I put away the laptop while TV was on and picked locks. +5 points. I should probably be tallying these points somewhere instead of just putting them in bold, right?

Tonight's plan is kickboxing class. I was going to go last night, but we needed groceries, so I went to the store, cooked dinner, did a load of dishes, and postponed to tonight.

• Like 2

"We can be heroes"

I love your ranks~! 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

8 minutes ago, raptron said:

I love your ranks~! 

I think part of me is hearkening back to D&D first edition where each level had its own title. I loved that for some reason.

34 minutes ago, Twilight said:

Nah, I like you for the big cat, too. Look at that cross-eyed cutie!

We have a medium one too (at left)

Jdg7zedl.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"We can be heroes"

Hey, just noticing that I very cleverly* set up my points system so that I can level up just by doing a kickboxing class.

Kickboxing class tonight: +100 points.

Week total: 205.

Daaaamn. Tonight's class. Kickboxing circuit class. We did... god. Atomic sit-ups and ninja burpees and slamball Russian twists and all kinds of shit I'd never heard of. I'm going to hurt tomorrow, kids. 

Also there was kicking and hitting.

*accidentally

• Like 4

"We can be heroes"

How are you feeling today??

Fitocracy  GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

2 hours ago, Jonesy said:

How are you feeling today??

Better than I expected! I'm feeling the DOMS for sure, but I'm not, like, limping or falling over or anything. I literally don't think I could have done that class a year ago. That feels good.

Today I hit the gym for half an hour of cardio: +50. (I actually felt like doing cardio, which is weird.) This week's total so far: 255.

It looks like the climbing wall is reopening, so I'll have that as an option again next week.

• Like 3

"We can be heroes"

Thanks! It's a subtle and slow change, so it's gratifying to notice it.

Bring fruit to work all week: +10 for a total of 215 so far. (I'm counting Monday-Sunday.)

My plan is some kind of activity this afternoon, whether an actual gym trip or just a walk break remains to be seen, and kickboxing class tomorrow.

We've gotten into watching Lucha Underground on Netflix. I never in a million years thought I'd be a pro wrestling fan, but Ms Rogue says it's "more like a telenovela with violence" than actual sports.

• Like 4

"We can be heroes"

20 hours ago, Jlailin said:

Eeeeee!  Cats!  Kitten!  Cats!  I will totally lurk in your thread in hopes of seeing more cat pictures. 

Welcome aboard! Okay, business first.

V2xc1Loh.png

20 hours ago, Jlailin said:

...I mean, I like your challenge format.  I may need to steal that second screen penalty for myself.  Good job on your progress! :) 

Thanks! I have been thinking about what the point of that is for myself. It's really attached to my meditation and mindfulness work. I've been fighting some anxiety problems for a few years now, and I've realized that in general, having my attention dragged in a bunch of different directions at once is bad for my mental health and makes it hard for me to relax. I'm terrible about this at work too -- I sit down to work on a project and end up answering emails about three different things and then logging into something to check something else, and on and on. So that's why I'm working on that. So far so good.

Kickboxing class today! +100: 315 so far. Street Rat. I got one more day; I won't hit 500 this week but maybe I can crack 400 by tomorrow.

You guys, hitting things is so good. I may have to try a karate class.

Thinking seriously about doing NaNoWriMo this year.

• Like 6

"We can be heroes"

Oh, oh, oh! Look at those happy little eyes! And the little white chin just begging for chin rubs! And the fluffy little kitten ears! Eeee~

(I may be just a little bit cat crazy. Just a teensy little bit.)

I never really thought about the impact of the second screen thing in my life that much before, but the other day I caught myself with my TV on in the background, my laptop open, and me on my phone playing magikarp jump. Sometimes I don't even know how I get to that point. <_< Good job on your progress with it! :) 

Do you actually get to hit stuff in your kickboxing class? I've always wanted to find one like that, but every single one I've been to only has you punch the air... it's still fun, but not as fun as actually hitting things.

Do NaNoWriMo! Do NaNoWriMo! A friend just convinced me to do it this year too! Join meeeee! :D 

• Like 1

"Your dreams don't care how you feel."

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Current Challenge!

4 hours ago, Jlailin said:

Oh, oh, oh! Look at those happy little eyes! And the little white chin just begging for chin rubs! And the fluffy little kitten ears! Eeee~

(I may be just a little bit cat crazy. Just a teensy little bit.)

Well, as noted, we have three, so I get it. This one is quite charming but a little too fond of chewing on us.

I never really thought about the impact of the second screen thing in my life that much before, but the other day I caught myself with my TV on in the background, my laptop open, and me on my phone playing magikarp jump. Sometimes I don't even know how I get to that point. <_< Good job on your progress with it! :) 

Yeah, I've caught myself doing that a time or two as well. I just decided, "You know, this probably isn't good for my brain" and let's see if I can not do it for a month.

Do you actually get to hit stuff in your kickboxing class? I've always wanted to find one like that, but every single one I've been to only has you punch the air... it's still fun, but not as fun as actually hitting things.

We hit heavy bags and sometimes ground bags. I don't think I'd enjoy air kicking. Hitting solid objects is very gratifying and makes me feel strong.

Do NaNoWriMo! Do NaNoWriMo! A friend just convinced me to do it this year too! Join meeeee! :D 

I've committed at least as far as signing up on the site. Same username if you want to track me down. 

• Like 1

"We can be heroes"