RogueLibrarian vs. Dad Bod: score chase edition

22 hours ago, RogueLibrarian said:

I've realized that in general, having my attention dragged in a bunch of different directions at once is bad for my mental health and makes it hard for me to relax. I'm terrible about this at work too -- I sit down to work on a project and end up answering emails about three different things and then logging into something to check something else, and on and on. So that's why I'm working on that. So far so good.

I'm exactly the same. For some reason I've become much better at separating tasks at work, but at home I often struggle and do 5 things at once, not really paying attention to any of them. But doing things one thing at a time is so much better for my brain, and a lot more rewarding too! Even if it's something trivial like watching TV.

@RogueLibrarian Okay!  I will look you up on NaNoWriMo! I am so excited for November! :) Oh~ and I'll have to look for a kickboxing class like that now that I know they exist.  As for the chew-happy kitten, I can definitely relate.  Mine is no longer of kitten age, but he still loves nibbling...  He makes up for it with cuddles.  Awesome job with the meditation streak!  :D

"Your dreams don't care how you feel."

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Current Challenge!

5 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

I'm exactly the same. For some reason I've become much better at separating tasks at work, but at home I often struggle and do 5 things at once, not really paying attention to any of them. But doing things one thing at a time is so much better for my brain, and a lot more rewarding too! Even if it's something trivial like watching TV.

Exactly. I'm so prone to unconsciously pulling out the laptop or tablet or phone when what's on TV isn't engaging enough, and the first week of struggling not to do it has been tricky. :) But it's an experiment and an exercise. At least when I catch myself doing it this week, I've managed to put it away again. I'll see how I feel about it after a month. 

2 hours ago, Jlailin said:

@RogueLibrarian Okay!  I will look you up on NaNoWriMo! I am so excited for November! :) Oh~ and I'll have to look for a kickboxing class like that now that I know they exist.  As for the chew-happy kitten, I can definitely relate.  Mine is no longer of kitten age, but he still loves nibbling...  He makes up for it with cuddles.  Awesome job with the meditation streak!  :D

Awesome, and thanks! Glad to have you aboard. :)

"We can be heroes"

Okay, last week I was a Street Rat. I was telling myself that I could do a workout or a walk or some combination and get more points, and then ... well, I didn't? Yeah.

This week's gonna be tricky due to busy work and other stuff going on; let's see if I can rise to the challenge and do better. At least I know I set myself the right level of challenge. :) Maybe I can add some more options.

Gonna have to stay off Facebook until I watch Game of Thrones tonight....

• Like 3

"We can be heroes"

Hi, team -- this week is a bit off the rails compared to where I had hoped to be by Wednesday. So far I make it... 0 points. Work has been super busy, which I sort of knew would happen because it's the first week of classes. We also have candidates interviewing for a position I'm going to be working closely with, and a boss (not my boss, but someone I have to listen to anyway) asked me to drop what I was doing to spend 3-4 hours figuring out something that I don't actually think is my job.

I plan to go to kickboxing for a circuit class tonight, but Ms Rogue is sick and if she needs me to, I'll just come home. Yesterday was her birthday, and we went out for beer and dinner and we have way too much cake in the fridge now.

So it goes. Everything's fine, I've just lost some momentum this week and I was hoping to be in better shape for Dragoncon next week, because that's going to involve alcohol and bad food choices and reduced exercise. Here, have a kitten picture.

C4G9Vozl.png

• Like 5

"We can be heroes"

Eeeeee! Kitten!  Look at those wide unassuming eyes and that fluffy tummy!  It is begging to be petted exactly 2.7 times. :D 

Sorry about the work stuff.  It sucks when you get forcefully volunteered for stuff that isn't your responsibility.  Hopefully it gets better when someone gets hired for that position you'll be working with.     

Happy birthday to your wife!  Hope she feels better and that you get to go to your kickboxing class!  ...but if not, cake is delicious.  Maybe you could do a home exercise routine instead?  If your cats are amenable, I've seen some pretty cool routines on youtube where you can use them as weights (E.G. Simba pose).  ...and if that happens, please, please, please, take a picture/video! :D         

Just finished another hour on the not-my-job-but-I'm-a-team-player project, so hopefully I'm done with it for a while. :)

Sounds like I'm going to need to stop at the store after work, so probably no kickboxing class tonight. And I was going to get a walk in this afternoon, but no such luck today. At least tomorrow I have a quiet enough day that I can go to the work gym! Maybe I can do some push/pull-up sets tonight, anyway.

"We can be heroes"

Ugh that has to be frustrating! 

Fitocracy  GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

2 hours ago, RogueLibrarian said:

It is, but here's another cat picture. 

QR4FUXMl.png

Cats make everything better! :D 

50 minutes ago, RogueLibrarian said:

Okay, I finally at least TOOK A WALK. Jeez, what a week. +25.

I have to figure out what to call 0-100 points rank, I guess...

Good job getting one thing done!  I almost missed my walk today too, but I sneaked it in there between meetings and furtive emails from my phone.  I want to call 0-100 "alley kitten" just because I'm staring at your cat picture...

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Jlailin said:

I want to call 0-100 "alley kitten" just because I'm staring at your cat picture...

Hopefully I won't have to figure it out. I can at least add: Brought fruit to work all week: +10 = 35 points. I have gym clothes today, and I plan to go to kickboxing in the morning, so I can hopefully crack 100. I've been keeping to my no second screen habit all week.

Kitten went to the vet this morning for leukemia test and next round of vaccines, and she's doing great. Totally happy to be at the vet. Little weirdo. The cats do not like the new roomba much.

• Like 3

"We can be heroes"

10 minutes ago, RogueLibrarian said:

Hopefully I won't have to figure it out. I can at least add: Brought fruit to work all week: +10 = 35 points. I have gym clothes today, and I plan to go to kickboxing in the morning, so I can hopefully crack 100. I've been keeping to my no second screen habit all week.

You can do it! :D  Get to the 100!  

11 minutes ago, RogueLibrarian said:

Kitten went to the vet this morning for leukemia test and next round of vaccines, and she's doing great. Totally happy to be at the vet. Little weirdo. The cats do not like the new roomba much.

I am picturing this in my head right now, and it makes me smile. :D 

• Like 1

The kitten pics. <3 

And hey, you are doing great at taking this week in stride even if you haven't hit all the things you want to! 

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

2 hours ago, raptron said:

And hey, you are doing great at taking this week in stride even if you haven't hit all the things you want to! 

Okay! I made it to the gym. Guess what? There were workout clothes in my locker, so I could have gone yesterday. THAT'S FINE IT'S ALL IN THE PAST BABY

I did a suspension workout (+50) and 30 minutes of cardio (+50). So that's 135. I at least hit Easy Mark this week!

I'd usually only do one or the other on a typical gym break. I may regret it tomorrow when I wake up and have to go to kickboxing class. :) I have been feeling all stiff and unhappy from lack of exercise this week, though, and it feels good to be active after a long week.

• Like 1

"We can be heroes"

Also:

Climbing wall is definitely open for business again. I'll try to get a climb in next week.

I listened to music (instead of a podcast/book) plus Zombies Run while doing cardio on the elliptical today, and noticed that with fewer words coming into my ears, it's a good place in the day to think about writing.

I think a few weeks from now I'll probably be able to run outdoors again without melting and dying.

• Like 2

"We can be heroes"

I wavered this morning between going to kettlebell class (earlier and slightly shorter, so I'd be done earlier) or kickboxing. I'm glad I did kickboxing. Have I mentioned that hitting stuff is pretty great?

The toughest instructor was subbing today, so I feel pretty wrecked, but in a good way. It's not pain, it's experience points.

+100 = 235. At least I'm a grubby urchin instead of an easy mark. I'm realizing that most of this challenge is just tricky scheduling; this week was first week of classes, so extra busy at work. This coming week and the week after that overlap Dragoncon and house guests. Oh well! 

Time to do a little house cleaning and meal planning, and then head to the grocery store. Tomorrow needs to be mostly a rest day, but maybe I can do a couple of easy things for points, like a walk or some lockpicking. Happy weekend, all!

• Like 2

"We can be heroes"

WELP I GOT SICK

Came down with a virus Sunday night and took a sick day yesterday. I'm back at work today, but not up to working out yet. I'll go for a walk this afternoon.

Reminding myself that this shit is exactly why I did a more flexible challenge format this month. This too shall pass.

0NWT9dgl.png

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

"We can be heroes"

Hey, me too! I've got the "upper-respiratory-so-I-sound-like-Stevie-Nicks" cold going on! Whoop, whoop!

Love that kitty is draped over cat and neither one cares. <3

Assassin

**Challenges**

Current Challenge: Black Daiquiri is Wonder Woman

Battle Log: Black Daiquiri battles the pink robots

Previous: 1514 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 76 | 5 | 4 | 321

2 hours ago, Black Daiquiri said:

Hey, me too! I've got the "upper-respiratory-so-I-sound-like-Stevie-Nicks" cold going on! Whoop, whoop!

I think I'll be back to normal tomorrow. Came in to work today to see how I felt, and have mostly sequestered myself at my desk, and all is well.

2 hours ago, Black Daiquiri said:

Love that kitty is draped over cat and neither one cares. <3

That's how they roll. HEYYYY GONNA WALK ON YOUR FACE NOW

• Like 1

"We can be heroes"

Sorry you're feeling sick!  That hit me last weekend too.  Something is definitely going around.

The kitten looks like it's getting bigger (or at least it does to me)!  Yay for more kitty to love! :D  ...I'm also in love with the little black paw pads on your bigger kitty's white furred feet.  They're just so cute!