• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

maegs

maegs is back

Habits are a thing that I need to be better at, so I'm focusing on building/reinforcing habits that I want to have this time around

Previous Challenge

Stats

STR - 31.75 | DEX - 49 | STA - 49.75 | CON - 82 | WIS - 55 | CHA - 50.5

• Weight - 164lb
  • Waist - 29.5"
  • Belly - 33"
  • Hips - 38"
  • Thigh - 22"
  • Body Fat - 26.45%

Goals

Cardio

giphy.gif

Rugby is over! :( So I need to add cardio back into my workout plan - 3x per week

The List

giphy.gif

I have a bunch of bigger apartment-cleaning-out things that I need to just do, as well as stuff like finding a doctor in my city and potentially organizing seeing a dermatologist (my dad got sent to her, was talking to her about me, she said she can help with my acne so... we'll see) 

Knitting

ImmaterialHandyBull-max-1mb.gif

Finish Lambing Mitts - I have to do the garter stitch band and the thumb on one mitt and I'll be done!

Do more baby knitting for my aunt's donation thing - hats and mitts and socks, all that nice quick stuff

Plan sweater knitting - choose a pattern (not ALL THE THINGS) and get yarn/needles/etc organized

Mobility

tenor.gif

Do eeett!! I have to do something each day.

Grease the Groove

giphy.gif

Do pullups whenever I go under the pullup bar

Sociable

Tom-Haverford-Social-Media.gif

Unofficial goal - be more active on here, both on my own thread and on others' threads!

The Road So Far

Week 1:

Week 2:

Week 3:

Week 4:

• Like 6

Goals have been set! I'll try to get an update in before bed, but I really need to get to bed at a half-decent hour tonight. But this is part of what's been happening

• Like 5

Ok, so at the end of the challenge-before-last I was just coming off a concussion, doing a course through my university's school of continuing education, playing rugby, working, and trying to occasionally do the dishes and vacuum. Once my noggin was a-ok I had to catch up on my course because the exam was fast approaching - I had to watch a bunch of webinars, do the weekly readings, do an assignment, then do the same to get caught up to the next assignment, and then study for the exam. I did well in the course, and it wasn't too hard, but it took up a lot of time. I kept meaning to make a challenge thread for the last challenge, but suddenly it was two weeks into the challenge! And I had some vacation coming up, so it didn't seem worth it. 

I got to spend just over a week up north sailing with the famjam. It was the first time in just over 2 years that I took more than a long weekend off, and I really needed it. It was so good, really relaxing. I've been working on getting more reading time in, and I read a few books over my vacation, as well as getting in a bunch of knitting. And kayaking and swimming and sailing and napping, of course!

I also got some big news at work! I got made a permanent employee, and moved into a new role that came with a nice pay hike as well. And since I just did a course on risk management, and our branch risk champion is away on mat leave, I'm stepping into that role while she's away :) It's a great opportunity to do something a bit outside of my normal day-to-day work and get a different perspective on things.

• Like 6

Stunning photos!

Wow, my head is spinning just reading everything you managed to accomplish last challenge. You'll rock this challenge, no doubt.

Congratulations on the permanent position! Woot! Woot! :loyal: You're already reaping the benefits of everything you've worked for.

• Like 1

Such wonderful energy, Maegs. Hoping the concussion is healing well and looking forward to the insights and moments of the new position.

Much love, dear.

~h

• Like 1

I'm going to count the challenge from Monday (which I use as the start of my week for everything) since I had this stuff floating around in my head before then :) 

Monday

• Gym – worked on clean technique, then did a mini-wod with cleans and floor presses (RIP my triceps)

• Got some knitting done

• Did mobility

Tuesday

• Gym – similar to Monday, did snatch technique work the n a mini-wod with snatches and pull downs

• Did mobility

Wednesday

• Rest day

• No mobility, whoops

Thursday

• Gym – Arm day – banded bench, accessory stuffs

• Did mobility

No pullups so far

No cardio (except lifting weights for lots of reps)

No stuff from The List

• Like 4

Finished this guy up yesterday by adding the pom pom

Yesterday I did finished the hand of the second glove (the band at the fingers) and today I did the thumb and wove in my ends

• Like 5

Guys. I picked up some protein today, but a different brand than usual (AllMax IsoFlex if anyone is curious).. and it turns out that someone has solved the digging-around-for-the-scoop problem! They've made it so it sits in the neck of the container so you can find it right away! 

iZcUNxH.gif  

IMG_4084.JPG

• Like 7

Friday

• Lifted and did mobility
  • Didn't get anything else done except picking up some groceries

Saturday

• Lazy day! :D 
  • Finished the baby hat up there ^ and worked on my Lambing Mitts

Sunday

• Finished my Lambing Mitts
  • Laundry and errands happened
  • Updated my budget

Monday

• Lifted, did mobility, did cardio

I keep forgetting about doing grease the groove, I think I need a reminder at eye level, a post-it on the doorframe or something until I get back into the habit.

Tomorrow I'm hoping to go to my LYS (Local Yarn Store) and get yarn for that sweater :D 

• Like 7

Looking good so far!

The hat and mitts are looking great! My mom has now started knitting similar hand-warmers for the boys, just without the fold over piece, and the extra piece for the thumb. The pattern I got for her has just a hole that the thumb goes through.

I think I should send a photo of that scoop in the lid to the laundry powder people! I always have to play Go Fish to find the scoop in the new pack, although I just throw it away, because I don't need a new scoop.

3 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Looking good so far!

The hat and mitts are looking great! My mom has now started knitting similar hand-warmers for the boys, just without the fold over piece, and the extra piece for the thumb. The pattern I got for her has just a hole that the thumb goes through.

I think I should send a photo of that scoop in the lid to the laundry powder people! I always have to play Go Fish to find the scoop in the new pack, although I just throw it away, because I don't need a new scoop.

I have a stash of old protein scoops in a drawer because of this! And I save the laundry detergent scoop from the empty container when I get a new one so I can use that instead of trying to excavate the new one :P 

• Like 2

Tuesday

• Gym and mobility done
  • Got yarn!

Wednesday

• No exercise today, also forgot about mobility
  • Dentist appointment after work - it's the first time I've been in a while, but it went better than I think either I or the hygienist expected! I'm going back on Monday for x-rays but other than that everything looked ok

Thursday

• Gym, cardio, mobility all happened
  • Not a lot else happened cause I was super tired! :sleeping:

Sweater yarn has been acquired, post-it hasn't gone up on the doorframe to remind me about pull ups but it needs to! I've done 2/3 cardio sessions this week, so that's going a lot better than last week!

• Like 8

That protein scoop is magic! I always try and remember to keep the scoop from the old container so I don't have to dig through the container to find a scoop. Making awesome progress on the knitting projects. That hat is adorable.

• Like 2

Tuesday

• Got yarn!
[...]

Sweater yarn has been acquired

[...]  

Yarn? What Yarn? Tell me!! Please.

ETA That sweater is gorgeous!

Knit ALL the things!!

---

"Travel lightly, for what you bring with you becomes part of your landscape." -Anne Bishop

• Like 1

I got Zooey from Juniper Moon Farm - 60% cotton, 40% linen. The colour I got is just about the same as the sample from the pattern, it's called "Hazy Lilac"  

http://www.ravelry.com/yarns/library/juniper-moon-farm-zooey-dk

Ooooooo cotton-linen-mix pwetty!! I so vewy much approve.

I've never knit linen before. I imagine it a cool-ish fibre?

---

"Travel lightly, for what you bring with you becomes part of your landscape." -Anne Bishop

Found you! Hangin' around for the rest of this challenge. Curious to see how your post-it note reminder goes, I've done many a daily goal (not quite GTG-style, but something I want to do every day, like stretching or daily pushups) and forget more often than not. I haven't figured out a good reminder system yet (or maybe I'm just 'forgetting' on purpose because I don't want to do the thing, I'm not sure...)

• Like 2