Imperial troops have entered the base! Imperial troops have *static*

I've run into a small setback.  In lieu of a gym, I typically work out in disused office space and have ever since I joined this company.  We have a gigantic office and at any given point there are usually several unoccupied areas that are also not being remodeled.  One of these is a mere sixty second walk down the hall from me. It's big enough that I can walk or do other cardio, has excellent access to stairs, has several offices, and is loaded with furniture.  In other words, it's about the best gym I could actually ask for.  It's basically my Hoth, prepared for years and perfect for too short of a time.

Corporate Properties has invaded, taped it off, and started the process of preparing it for new people.  This is the third time in five years this has happened, although this is by far the best place I've ever found.  I suppose I technically could join the company gym, but I don't want to shell out $20 a month, especially since it's three floors up and out of the way.  Meaning that I would probably join and forget about it, which isn't exactly what I'm going for.  I know myself well enough to know I need a convenient space or I won't do it.  

I'm set up pretty well at home, but I need to regularly do something to break up the desk job or else my body slowly but surely freezes up into a pathetic husk.  I've tried the weekend warrior bit and I injure too easily for that. So instead of my normal working out here, today I've split workouts first thing in the morning and when I get home.  My time today will be spent exploring the stars (office) looking for a good location for a new Rebel Base.

• Like 1

Adventurer, Half-Dwarf Chaotic-Good Paladin

Ne me dites jamais les chances!  ¡Nunca me digas las probabilidades!

Character Sheet Training Logs Challenges Prepping for Adventure PrepAdventure Prep Fall BabyWhen Are We Again, Anyway?WhirlwindThe Leaf's LocusHarnessing Hamingja New Roots More Beginnings, More Roots Cleaning Up Facing The Hailstorm Yo Ho Yo The... Keto Life For Me? Taming the Beast Another Step Towards the Future Baking, Suburban Homesteading, and Health, The Adventurers of the Lucky Vale IIIIIIIVVVI, VII VIIIIX

Spoiler

Perennial goals: Sleep 7+ hours a night, retain (and continue to learn) French and Spanish as a family, increase Spanish Proficiency for work and play,  read like a maniac on my own and with my kids, carry heavy stuff

Long term goals: Cut to 13-15% bodyfat, And now that I'm grown I eat five dozen eggs, so I'm roughly the size of a baaaaarge! -> Someday I'll challenge a Disney world Gaston to a push up contest and win

Hey Sciread! Welcome back. 

It sounds like you were able to get a variety of different exercises in at Hoth, and the issue is now that without such a large space, you won't be able to do everything as conveniently in one place. Is that it? 

Back when I was working at an office people would regularly book meeting rooms for themselves to go in and do some exercises. There's also always the building stairs if you want more space for cardio something, or just walking around the perimeter of the office. 

Best of luck with exploring the stars, I hope you find a new suitable planet! 

Thanks!  That's a big part of it.  It also came equipped with lots of heavy furniture I could carry around, which was terribly useful when training for the Disney World event.

I've always got the stairs and a couple of meeting rooms, but they're smaller and not suitable for walking.  TBH, I don't think that the regular gym is terribly suited for the kind of work I like to do.  On the plus side, I can work on the Alfredson Protocol and calisthenics almost everywhere.  I just need to find another sturdy door with a stable chair nearby and a decent table with legs set up for table rows.  I've been using a ladder in the area for my negatives and a table on Hoth for my rows.  

It's the back exercises that I have the hardest time with at work.  It shouldn't be a huge deal, I guess I can't complain too much that my 2000 sqft Hoth Base is being turned into a work space in an office building.

Character Sheet Training Logs Challenges Prepping for Adventure PrepAdventure Prep Fall BabyWhen Are We Again, Anyway?WhirlwindThe Leaf's LocusHarnessing Hamingja New Roots More Beginnings, More Roots Cleaning Up Facing The Hailstorm Yo Ho Yo The... Keto Life For Me? Taming the Beast Another Step Towards the Future Baking, Suburban Homesteading, and Health, The Adventurers of the Lucky Vale IIIIIIIVVVI, VII VIIIIX

Spoiler

Perennial goals: Sleep 7+ hours a night, retain (and continue to learn) French and Spanish as a family, increase Spanish Proficiency for work and play,  read like a maniac on my own and with my kids, carry heavy stuff

Long term goals: Cut to 13-15% bodyfat, And now that I'm grown I eat five dozen eggs, so I'm roughly the size of a baaaaarge! -> Someday I'll challenge a Disney world Gaston to a push up contest and win

It was definitely a creative workout arrangement and it sucks to hear you lost it. But honestly, if it wasn't your property or sanctioned for public exercise it was doomed to happen eventually. You seem like you enjoy working out so why let something as minor as losing a favorite workout spot hold you back? If you want to get Star Wars about it the rebels didn't give up after losing Hoth. In fact they pushed forward and ended up blowing up the Death Star (Again).

I know it may be tough but just think of it as a test: You've lost you're favorite workout place, you have no backup plan, and you're essentially pinned to the corner. This is how heroes are made mate. You got this, you'll figure it out.

I'm training to be (like) Batman physically, mentally, and financially.

I knew the days were numbered.  They always are.  It just means I have to explore to find the next space, because there always is at least one in a complex like this.

This space was pretty cool.  I enjoy a creative challenge.  I just hope the next place isn't terribly far from where I work.  Time is of the essence in squeezing in workouts and I know myself well enough to know that a long trek more or less means I'll slack on it.

Spoiler