I'm glad I found out about Nerd Fitness and that there's an awesome community of like-minded people! I've been really stressed with working out and I've really limited myself to hiking and stretching. I feel I need to do more but I just haven't been motivated. I'm single, living on my own and just stressed with money and I know I need to put myself first. I'm hoping I can get the support and help I need to not only get a routine going, but to also stick to it and not make excuses. 

• Like 1

Welcome to the Rebellion! There are plenty of us on here who are money-challenged, so I feel where you're coming from. There are lots of exercises that you can do with little to no equipment; you do not need to go to the gym to get fit (if you want to lift heavy things, it might help, though).

To get a routine going, why not pick a circuit of exercises (like the Beginner Bodyweight Routine on the website) and do that 3 times a week? You could make it you 4-week challenge, and we will all cheer you on!

• Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, juliebarkley said:

Welcome to the Rebellion! There are plenty of us on here who are money-challenged, so I feel where you're coming from. There are lots of exercises that you can do with little to no equipment; you do not need to go to the gym to get fit (if you want to lift heavy things, it might help, though).

To get a routine going, why not pick a circuit of exercises (like the Beginner Bodyweight Routine on the website) and do that 3 times a week? You could make it you 4-week challenge, and we will all cheer you on!

I need to look into that! Thanks so much! I'm probably going to start walking for ten minutes and then go from there!

Welcome to the Rebellion TREKfan007! (Should I call you Piccard? Bond? I'm so confused! XD)

If you haven't heard of 4-week challenges, that is how most of the members here keep accountability of ourselves and set up the small goals to win the bigger ones in our Epic Quests.  If you're interested, I'd recommend heading over to  the Rebels to complete your first challenge and using Spezzy's super-awesome-walkthrough if you want to jump onto the gain-train of the current 4-week challenge

gallery.jpg

In more seriousness though, let us know how we can help!

• Thanks 1

Half-elven Ranger

Current Challenge: Jumpin' back in the fray

Welcome aboard TREKfan007! I'm sure you'll find what you need on here! If you need someone to talk to about anything feel free to shoot me a PM!  I'm all about staying motivated and keeping on task!

To answer your question as to what I do first thing in the morning: I drink coffee - black, followed by 5-10 minutes of meditation, and then begin my morning workouts which usually consist of cardio running (high or low intensity depending on the day), doing the golden five - aka benching, squatting, pressing, deadlifting, and pullups, and closing out with minor muscle group exercises like curls, and possibly basic core exercises like crunches, planks, etc.

• Thanks 1

I'm training to be (like) Batman physically, mentally, and financially.

9 minutes ago, Roamer said:

Welcome aboard TREKfan007! I'm sure you'll find what you need on here! If you need someone to talk to about anything feel free to shoot me a PM!  I'm all about staying motivated and keeping on task!

To answer your question as to what I do first thing in the morning: I drink coffee - black, followed by 5-10 minutes of meditation, and then begin my morning workouts which usually consist of cardio running (high or low intensity depending on the day), doing the golden five - aka benching, squatting, pressing, deadlifting, and pullups, and closing out with minor muscle group exercises like curls, and possibly basic core exercises like crunches, planks, etc.

Nice! I try to get a hike in at least once every other week. Tomorrow morning I'm going to get up early and head to a hiking spot. Every morning I stretches. When hiking, stretching comes before and after. Thanks for your response! I look forward to being friends!

• Like 1