Adventurer New to NF!

Hi all! New to NF and decided to give it a whirl to add some spice to my adventures! I'm a 30 year old Adventurer who has been up and down on a yoyo weight loss journey for several years until recently.  Changing my lifestyle choices has caused me to lose 66 pounds this year so far.  I typicall enjoy running and hiking for exercise, and occasionally weight training at my local gym (although my partner is pretty flakey, and I end up doing it alone most of the time!) 

I was once a coach for Beach Body, helping others with weight loss and dietary advice.  I honestly did it for the discounts on products, and I can tell you from the inside, Those workout DVDs are not worth the money! I've been more successful with my own regiments than I have ever been doing their workouts!  Additionally, Shakeology (and other pre-made "super food shakes" are an expensive scam that do almost nothing for you that any other meal replacement shake (like slim-fast, or protein powder) could do for you. 

I'm looking for community, as I feel like I am the only person within my circle that is both into fitness and is a nerd. An accountability buddy would be fantastic, and meeting anyone in the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky area willing to Party Up would be excellent!  I hope to soon get into martial arts to strengthen my core, make my body movements more deliberate, and hone my focus and discipline.  Any advice from any Monks would be greatly appreciated!

Nice to meet you all!

• Like 3

giphy.gif

Congrats on the weight loss and hard work!

If you are looking for locals you might want to head over to the Rebel Meetup forum or check out any FB groups. I know there is one for my area but not sure about yours.  

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/forum/239-midwest/

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/forum/238-south/

Again welcome to the rebellion and if you have any questions, just ask away. :) 

• Like 1

GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

Welcome to the Rebellion Duelly!

Most members use the 4-week challenges as their accountability system, but there's more than one way to get the accountability needed.  If you haven't taken a look at it yet, Spezzy has made this super-awesome-walkthrough of doing your first challenge.  We are getting to the closing of the first week of the current cycle, but its never too late to jump in if you decide the 4WC is your way forward!

Half-elven Ranger

Current Challenge: Jumpin' back in the fray

Hey welcome aboard bud! I'm always down for chatting and motivating so shoot me a PM if the burn has got you down! Heck feel free to shoot me a PM if you just want to chat! On a note more in line with your post I've been thinking about taking a martial arts class myself so if you do that let me know how it goes!

I'm training to be (like) Batman physically, mentally, and financially.