My Ganon is Math

Anyone else trying to beat this sucker down? I feel like my entire life would be different if only I could be a little competent at mathematics. Were talking College Algebra at best, and just enough to squeak by.

I'm trying to get better with Khan Academy. Are there any other good resources out there Rebels know of?

How lucky for you that I do a PhD in Maths, and I teach Maths to uni students (so I basically had to reply to your thread).

Best way to learn maths is by doing. This means solving lots of problems so you can figure out what parts you don't understand, and also get quicker at solving problems.

A good resource for that is Wolfram Alpha Problem Generator

Another great resource for notes and worked examples is Paul's Online Notes. Think of that site as the text version of Khan Academy.

Important: One thing I see that my students do wrong, is that they spend too much of their time watching lectures and copying down worked examples. To get good at maths, you need to use trial and error. When you get a problem, try to solve it using any method. If it doesn't work, try another method. And so on. This is why I like the Problem Generator from Wolfram Alpha. You do one problem, if you get it wrong, learn what you did wrong, then do another problem. The method I see my students use is, look at the problem, stare at it for 20 minutes, look at the solutions, write the answer out (by pretending you didn't look at the solutions), then move on to another problem having learnt nothing. 

Hopefully that made sense to you and please keep me posted on how your maths is going.