I'm back to literally kick some ass

Rebels!

I joined the community in 2014 and failed hard at beginning my fitness journey. I'm kind of glad my old threads are dead and gone, they would be a fair reminder of what I started and didn't finish. In that time, I became a father (Nolan is almost 19 months old now) and I have a solid, low-stress career blooming. I've had a lot of time to think about goals and what I really want to do. I'm 33 years old, grew up loving fantasy and video games, but never converted that into anything serious. But I've decided, as an adult, what I really want to do for fun, for challenge and for glory is to fight. I want to box, wrestle, fight MMA. My goal is to have a true amateur/professional fight before I turn 35.

Part of staying motivated is drawing support from communities like this. I appreciate the advice and encouragement of anyone who has or is taking a similar journey.

Although I haven't documented my progress, I started a keto diet around 10-14 weeks ago. The weeks just blend by, so I don't know when. I don't think I've dropped ketosis during that time and it's been the best "diet" I've tried, even though it wasn't really intentional at first.  I was intermittedly fasting every few days, then I researched keto and changed my diet.

I was probably 320 lbs last year during my son's baptism when he was 3 months old. I weighed myself 4-5 weeks ago and was 270. I'm probably at 230-240 today but I really just don't want to check the scale. I'm in better shape than I have been in 7 years and that isn't saying much yet.

Well, glad to be back. Hope to get some MMA action under my belt before I get too old. :-)

Anthony

Welcome back to the Rebellion Anthony!

You may be familiar with the 6-week challenges of old, but they have been scaled down to 4-week challenges.  The format is more or less the same, but just over the shorter time span. We are closing in to completed the second week for this go around but the best time to Respawn is now (thread set based on Steve's article). Spezzy also made this nifty video if you needed a refresher on setting up your challenge.

Classes are mostly the same and it seems like you may be moving to the Monks based on your MMA goals.  Let us know how we can help you out!

Half-elven Ranger

Current Challenge: Jumpin' back in the fray

On 8/22/2017 at 6:31 PM, olybard said:

Rebels!

I joined the community in 2014 and failed hard at beginning my fitness journey. I'm kind of glad my old threads are dead and gone, they would be a fair reminder of what I started and didn't finish. In that time, I became a father (Nolan is almost 19 months old now) and I have a solid, low-stress career blooming. I've had a lot of time to think about goals and what I really want to do. I'm 33 years old, grew up loving fantasy and video games, but never converted that into anything serious. But I've decided, as an adult, what I really want to do for fun, for challenge and for glory is to fight. I want to box, wrestle, fight MMA. My goal is to have a true amateur/professional fight before I turn 35.

Part of staying motivated is drawing support from communities like this. I appreciate the advice and encouragement of anyone who has or is taking a similar journey.

Although I haven't documented my progress, I started a keto diet around 10-14 weeks ago. The weeks just blend by, so I don't know when. I don't think I've dropped ketosis during that time and it's been the best "diet" I've tried, even though it wasn't really intentional at first.  I was intermittedly fasting every few days, then I researched keto and changed my diet.

I was probably 320 lbs last year during my son's baptism when he was 3 months old. I weighed myself 4-5 weeks ago and was 270. I'm probably at 230-240 today but I really just don't want to check the scale. I'm in better shape than I have been in 7 years and that isn't saying much yet.

Well, glad to be back. Hope to get some MMA action under my belt before I get too old. :-)

Anthony

Welcome [back]. Good to see another martial arts enthusiast. Feel free to drop by the Monks and say hi.

Your goal happens to be right up my alley. Do you have any prior combat sports experience?