Death note-

My thoughts on the show, it really needed to extend out the whole part about the shift from killing bad people that he is personally affected by, to working his way up the chain to some seriously bad people, how he chose, and how he found their information. Also, the investigation seemed stilted and rushed, would like to have seen that fleshed out better. Finally they made a single comment about wanting to be sure about someone's guilt before killing someone, I feel like that should have been built upon, with things getting progressively more intense between him and his girlfriend as they clashed more and more on this issue so it could build to the final conclusion that we saw, instead of it just feeling like a rushed conflict to drive the final act.

So yeah, a series of at least 6 episodes, although I feel 12 would have dragged it out as the story stands. That being said, there are what, like 7 books and an anime series to draw from if you really want extra material? Additional subplots could have been added to make it feel like a solid 12. But most of the Netflix series that are 12 just feel like 8 with long scenes of angst added in that just bring the plot to a grinding halt for sometimes whole episodes.

As someone who hasn't watched the series or read the books though, I enjoyed it, but did feel as though it could have been better. 

• Like 2

Dwarf Warrior
I am today what I made myself yesterday, I will be tomorrow what I make of myself today.

Current challenge: Juni0r83 works on his Schedule-Fu

Previous challenge: Juni0r83 re-evaluates and refocuses

I am sorry, I did not enjoy the movie AT ALL. The only good thing from it, was that I managed to convince my GF to watch the anime, so I could show her that the anime was much better. And it is. 

I feel as if in the movie, Light was TURNED (pun because his name in the movie is Turner) into a pale version of a wimp. It was made more about a teenage couple, than than the problem of the idea of justice. L was some badass with anger issues. No shinigami eyes, no bloody writing. 

Netflix disappointed me. Watching the anime for the 4th time now, this time with my GF, so that's nice :D 

Vegan Bum Adventurer on a bike.

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Current