How does this fat loss plan sound for a teenager?

Shaolin

I'm male, 16, 259 LBs, and at 34% Body-fat. For fat loss I am considering consuming only 1800 calories (I'd go lower but I'm a teenager)

Here are the details.

Cal:1,800

Carbs: 90 Grams (Excluding added sugar)

Protein: 180 Grams
Fat: 80 Grams (Moderate saturated fats and unsaturated fats. No trans-fats)

I will also be lifting and doing moderate cardio. Please let me know if this is good or not.

Are you looking to both put on muscle as well as lose fat? 

The issue here if so is that you need more calories to put on muscle and less to remove/lose fat. This is why it tends to not work out well. If you are only aiming to lose fat and maintain muscle, you are young enough to do both cardio and lifting no problem. What kinds of food do you plan on eating? 

"Fitness is not about being better than someone else... It's about being better than you used to be"

-Diet and fitness for life-^_^

On 8/27/2017 at 7:28 PM, Shaolin said:

I'm male, 16, 259 LBs, and at 34% Body-fat. For fat loss I am considering consuming only 1800 calories (I'd go lower but I'm a teenager)

Here are the details.

Cal:1,800

Carbs: 90 Grams (Excluding added sugar)

Protein: 180 Grams
Fat: 80 Grams (Moderate saturated fats and unsaturated fats. No trans-fats)

I will also be lifting and doing moderate cardio. Please let me know if this is good or not.

Are you my son? Because you sound like my son.

To be honest, if you were my child, I wouldn't tell you to start by looking at how many calories you eat or what your macros are. I say that because, as a minor, a lot of times your food choices aren't always your own (meaning, you are limited by what your parents buy). Now, obviously, I don't know if that is your case, so I won't say any more on that. 

What I would tell you to do is look at your current eating and exercise habits and go from there. Start a food log for everything you eat and drink in a day. What is your current level of exercise? Part of the NF manta is small, sustainable steps. Are you jumping in to too much right from the beginning? Are there any small changes you can make right now? The great thing about being a teenage boy is that biology is on your side for making it easier to lose weight (unless you have underlying medical conditions!). So starting now is fantastic, because if you start making good choices now, they'll follow you as you get older. 

If you have really good baseline habits and want to look at calorie counting, what are your overall body and fitness goals? Tailor your calories and macros to help you focus on those goals.