I'm Sarah and I'm from Maine (northeast US). I'm here for some focus and accountability! And to meet new people. 

Im not out of shape or in need of weight loss. I mountain bike and race on a national level. Where I am failing is strength work because I hate it!!! I was doing really well with working Upper body and core until I broke my wrist in April. My wrist is fine now, but I can't get myself back to strength training. And my eating has gone to hell. After training rides I tend to stop and buy junk food. I have no intention of clean eating, but I want to take care of myself better.

i was a personal trainer and sports nutritionist for 12 years so I know what to do. I just have to actually do it! And I hope I can get to know some of you. 

IMG_5613.PNG

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Welcome Sarah. It's always nice to see another biker here. I do some mountain bike racing too, but I'm far from the National level. What were you doing for strength work before you broke your wrist?

That's awesome! What do you do for racing? Mine are mostly 100k cross country. 

I do mostly body weight strength stuff and a few things with my Olympic bar, like rows for my back and overhead presses. If I get really bored with it illl do a boot camp workout that incorporates strength exercises. 

• Like 1

Cool. I also do long cross country races. I'm in Minnesota, but I go to Wisconsin a lot. I do kettlebells, but it's been a long time since I've done it consistently enough to make a big difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

14 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Cool. I also do long cross country races. I'm in Minnesota, but I go to Wisconsin a lot. I do kettlebells, but it's been a long time since I've done it consistently enough to make a big difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh cool! Have you heard of the Marji Gesick race in northern Michigan? That's my next race in 3 weeks. I'll probably visit Wisconsin while I'm there

Oh man, that is hardcore. I don't get to the UP often enough. My next race is the opposite end of the spectrum. I'm doing Chequemagon in two weeks, but I've lost what little fitness I had this summer. After that I'll be trying cyclocross. I've only raced one season about ten years ago so I expect to be finishing near the back of the C race pack.

• Like 1

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log