Hi. My name is Patience, or PayShi.

I just joined and am slowly working my way through the Academy's mindset to begin. A little about myself: I am a Tele Nurse who works the night shift so my days are opposite. I am 27 years old, engaged, and have two cute doggies. I have been BIG my whole life. I was that fat kid, and grew up into it as well. I am from the south where our social gatherings usually are surrounded by food... lots of country, fried food.

My mom struggled with her weight all of her life like me, and after hitting in the 500s in her 30s was forced to have Gastric Bypass surgery in 2003. Since then, she's lost over half of her weight but she's also gained a TON of other things like malabsorption issues which has caused much of her teeth to rot as one example. While there are other surgeries out there... I honestly want to avoid the knife and with good reason.

Other things about me: I love playing video games. I mostly play PC games, trending towards MMOs at this time. I also like binge watching on Netflix and watching Asian dramas.

I hope that the nerd fitness academy can help me make new habits as everything I've tried in the past has failed because I fall back into habits.

Nice to meet all of you and I'd love to make some friends to share journeys together... (especially if you are a night shifter haha.)

Thanks,

PayShi

• Like 1

Hi PayShi! Welcome to Nerd Fitness!

Getting new habits to stick is hard. But making small changes here and there makes it a lot easier. It takes time, but they do add up.

The four week challenges are a great way to make friends, get advice on changing bad habits into good habits, and be accountable. We're in the last week of our current challenge, but feel free to check out some threads for a few ideas and inspiration. The next one starts in a couple weeks if you're interested. (More info, plus worksheets and tips, can be found here: https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/help.html/4-week-challenges/challenge-instructions-and-faq/)

Good luck on your journey!

• Like 1

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

12 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

Hi PayShi! Welcome to Nerd Fitness!

Getting new habits to stick is hard. But making small changes here and there makes it a lot easier. It takes time, but they do add up.

The four week challenges are a great way to make friends, get advice on changing bad habits into good habits, and be accountable. We're in the last week of our current challenge, but feel free to check out some threads for a few ideas and inspiration. The next one starts in a couple weeks if you're interested. (More info, plus worksheets and tips, can be found here: https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/help.html/4-week-challenges/challenge-instructions-and-faq/)

Good luck on your journey!

Thanks, Zeroh13! I was wondering what the four week challenge was... and I think I will try it out. =) Might help my new habits stick better and make me way more organized. Thank you so much... gonna check out some of the threads too.

• Like 1