Hey! Just signed up after seeing Staci's transformation page yesterday and browsing from there. Thought I would sign up and share where i'm at and all, it may get a little bit whiny so I warn you now! :tongue:

I’m a 27 year old male living in a small town in England. I have low self-esteem and confidence mostly down to my looks and being overweight, and to this have never had a real relationship as I’m just awful with women! This has been getting me pretty depressed and very lonely.

I’m 5”10 and in April 2011 was 235lbs, I started working out and got myself down to 220 but then due to various reasons like starting work again I halted my good progress around August time. I did manage to keep at that mark without going back up much though.

I’m determined 2012 will be the year of change in my life (I will list some goals further down) so have got back on the health bandwagon and staying this time for life! I’ve completely changed my diet (which for me was massive as I’ve always been a VERY fussy eater) and I’m working out, doing a full body routine with 10kg dumbbells and have been walking 5 – 10k, and about to start the c25k program (running is something I would love to do but I do have a bad knee from my teen years of overweight skateboarding!). I’m going to join a gym in future but currently don’t have the means of getting to one!

While my looks, confidence and hopefully finding love (how cheesy!) are big goals for me with this, it’s also just to be more healthy and active, I do love sport but just haven’t felt able to participate. I played squash on Wednesday for the first time in 2 or 3 years. Back then I played a 45min session and felt like I was about to die after! This time we went 60mins and I felt nothing more than a hard, sweaty workout. It’s amazing what 15 – 20lbs; which hasn’t had a massive effect on my appearance, but incredible for stamina / athleticism, that did cheer me up. :)

Nerd credentials: Use to play a lot of video games (unsurprisingly Broken Sword is one of my favs, but I played EVERYTHING!), comic books, read lots of novels, and well just the stuff above being useless with woman, haha.

So goals:

15% Body Fat - I’m at about 29% now, I don’t really know what’s attainable in what period of time, and of course I’d like even lower, but this is an initial goal.

Pack on some muscle – Doing the dumbbells but under no illusions that I’ll put on much while trying to cut body fat as well and I think that’s a more important goal.

Jog for 5k – As said I’m starting c25k this weekend, to be able to run a 5k fully; however slowly, sounds amazing to me at the moment!

Pass driving test – Doing lessons now and going great.

Move to a major city – Just for my own happiness and where I want to be!

Gain some confidence and feel happier! – Hopefully this will come with all of the above but I’ll put some effort into it as well!

Think that will do as an initial hello! Look forward to using the forum and speaking to you all. :)

Guest Gemeaux

Welcome !

This place is awesome for gaining selfesteem ! everyone is wonderful and so supportive . Your goals are fantastic and we will all help you along the way , you already made the most important step :)

It is really nice that you are looking for love , not cheesy at all .

All the best !

W00T for UK rebels!

Hey man, nice to have you on board :) Good luck with your goals. I'm doing C25K at the moment too, though only do one run a week because of other stuff I like to do, but even with that I'm seeing real progress. Maybe I'll see you at a 5k sometime in the future!

Way to go on your progress so far, and welcome to the rebellion :)

Welcome, Brokensword! I'm sure you'll like it here :) Good luck on your goals and if you ever have any questions, don't be afraid to ask! Also, we're not afraid of a little whining - we have a whole ARGH thread for that... and a first world problems thread :P

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram