Tried to go it alone, and boy, did that go terribly!

Found NerdFitness a bunch of years ago in 2011 and for a while had some good success with planning and losing weight. Then decided to get pregnant and have a great little girl. Left NerdFitness to focus on that thinking I was spending too much time online, and things were ok for a time, but after a job change to a totally sedentary environment and raising the wee kid, my health tanked this year. Found out I have diabetes AND Hashimotos in addition to an already existing hypothyroid condition. After so many days of just laying on the couch while I have this amazing little girl that's the light of my life running around with energy and joy, I want to do better for her. I need to do better for her and myself.

So I'm in transition now and realizing I can't do it alone. Paleo seems the obvious nutrition choice given my range of health issues, and I've been working on getting my diet back in good order. Eight pounds dropped so far. But the momentum is the hard part. I also want to develop a regular exercise routine, since I don't have the option of leaving the good-paying/full benefits but sedentary job. 

So what do I want? I want things to be the opposite of how they have been. I want to be moving in the outdoors equal to the amount of time I'm spending at my desk. I want to be resourceful and productive instead of a lazy mass browsing my phone on the couch. I want to be a good role model for my daughter in taking care of myself physically and emotionally so she knows she can do the same.

I'll be starting a daily blog, and setting some epic quest goals in the next few days. We'll be on a full week vacation for the next 4 week challenge, which will complicate things, but I'll be doing that too. Would love some people to work with and mutually encourage as I go along, focusing on daily consistency for health choices, building self-reliance, and developing some practical skills outside my normal computer screen domain!

• Like 2

~Miranda (aka Farax K)

Stars hide your fires for these here are my desires
And I won't give them up to you this time around
And so I'll be found with my stake stuck in the ground
Marking the territory of this newly impassioned soul ~ Mumford and Sons

You've made a decision to make some important changes. You can do it! By daily blog, do you mean a battle log? Those can be a good option. Have you tried the four week challenges? If it's important to get some support from others on the site, I think the challenges tend to get more traffic.

Or another option would be to do the battle log and maybe try a mini challenge. I don't know if all the guilds have mini challenges, but I know the Rangers are doing one. They don't take much time and they are a good way to interact with some other people around the site.

Good luck!

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016