• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Suse

Suse challenge

well today i started a 5 week program called Team Training. Basically a group of people meet down at a local park at 6am with a trainer and do a workout. There were about 10 of us, 2 guys, 8 girls. Most of the others have been doing team training for quite a while. It is rain, hail or shine. First day today, oh my god! How I will actually be able to get out of my bed on Friday to go again is beyond me. Heaps of squats, lunges, crunches, push ups, lifting sand bags, all sorts. Quite enjoyed it though and it is nice to know that my exercise for the day is now done and dusted. Just followed it all up with a nice bacon and egg breakfast!

So my challenge is to do this every Wednesday and Friday for the next 5 weeks. I'm going to add in on MOnday's getting up early and taking the dogs for a super brisk walk.

If there is no post here on friday you know I failed to get out of bed so someone give me a hard time if that is the case.

good job first day down:)

why not get on the phone and talk to some people you need to catch up with, trust me a 20 minute dog walk can turn into a 90 minute one easily that way. or do it after dinner when you have less things to do around the house?

your mobile rates must be way cheaper over there. I only get 30 mins free a MONTH with my plan, which is plenty as I hate talking on a cell phone at the best of times. I'll just have to talk to the dogs more or get my partner out of bed to walk with me. Trouble is he is a slow walker and I need to do a brisk one

HI jacob, i noticed in your post that you removed the dog from the room when you did your workout. Personally I think you should leave him/her in for crunches. Hilarious as they try to lick your face on the way up - i sit my little girl dog (8kgs) on my tummy. A good belly laugh is probably the very best exercise of all! :lol:

Haha, well my puppy's 7mo and 50lbs. But I just got her a week ago, so we're still establishing pack order, which means she can't see me on the floor at "her level".

... and she kept crawling under me during pushups and lunges; That just wasn't working well :D

Ok today I am in complete pain and am walking like a robot. Hoping tomorrow will be able to jump out of bed as opposed to the roll out of bed I did today.

Took measurements this morning

waist 32inches (at belly button)

hips 36 inches

top of leg 20 inches

just above knee 13 inches

arm 10.5 inches

Hoping to see waist line reduce and legs bulk up a bit.

Motivation still reasonably high.

ok bad news. I didnt make team training this morning. I am sick with an evil head cold. sore throat, headache, mild fever. blah. I really did set my alarm clock for 5.45 this morning though in the hope that the sickly feeling I had last night would pass. so motivation - success, body -fail.

as it happens, even without being sick, my training session would be a joke today anyway. i am still robot woman. The pain in my muscles is intense, frankly, lowering myself to sit on the toilet seat is excruciating, (yeah i know, too much information) so imagine an hour of team training. nah!.

Hoping to feel better by monday so that I can at least keep to my challenge of early morning brisk walk with dogs. and am still keen for team training on wednesday

Good luck everyone on your own challenges if you are reading this.

Don't be too distraught, sickness happens. You'll feel right as rain soon :-)

However, one of the best ways I have found to stop feeling sore and stiff is to work out. Yeah, it hurts initially, but after a few minutes of getting the blood pumping and your muscles moving, you start to feel better.

Don't be too distraught, sickness happens. You'll feel right as rain soon :-)

However, one of the best ways I have found to stop feeling sore and stiff is to work out. Yeah, it hurts initially, but after a few minutes of getting the blood pumping and your muscles moving, you start to feel better.

I've found that helps during the workout, but it's worse afterwards :)

I could barely move the first week I started kick boxing. My wife started this week, so that's the same advice I've been trying to tell her.

3am sunday nz time and cant sleep due to coughing fit. grrrr.

still have sore muscles mostly in my quads, however can definitely feel them coming right. No exercise yesterday, but did lots of housework. The Dogs got a bath and that involved me kneeling down at the shower to do that... those quads got a huge stretch doing that which I'm sure was helpful.

When I go back to training on Wednesday, (hopefully headcold will have abated by then - seriously, when is someone going to find a cure for the common cold!) I am not going to push too hard. I want to be able to make it back on Friday. I know that now my muscles have had that first workout, everything will be easier though. All of this pain has made me realise just what bad shape I am in. It is definitely time for a change of mindset.

thanks for the comments guys, it helps keep the motivation high. :)

ok sorry if i'm boring everyone cause I'm not doing much but thought I'd post anyway. still sick, so no brisk walk of dogs this morning. dont intend to do any team training this week, cause even if i feel a bit better by wednesday I do not want a relapse... is that an excuse or a good idea. I think the body needs time to recover from illness, at the moment it has been in attack mode from being sick not to mention, recovery from the first workout. Good news though, I can now walk normally again :)

workout today of sorts will involve cleaning out kitchen cupboards in preparation for kitchen renovation. Thats a workout all of its own as I will be up and down a step ladder, and other cleaning type tasks. Coughing of course if working out the abs. Blowing my nose frequently and just trying to breathe feels like some sort of cardio.

I feel like my 28 day challenge has gone to the pits. I might start a 28 day challenge again in april, when I have decided to go primal! waiting on book to arrive - the primal blueprint.

Any luck with the soreness?

Cool, you gotta tell me how the Primal Blueprint is... I love his blog but it's tough to get the full picture that way.

And I feel you on the illness... apparently every plant in Atlanta started reproducing yesterday, I only have one functioning nostril at a time now.

I am pleased to report that at my weigh in this week I lost 1.1 kg . So good, am pleased. I put this down to not much alcohol because I've been sick and frankly not really wanting to eat a lot. The really good news is that I am feeling MUCH better, just a bit of a cough and my sore muscles have abated (although I think I may have pulled a muscle in my groin, still a bit funny). Last night I did a few squats as I want to be prepared for team training when i go back on wednesday. Tomorrow I am hoping to find some time for a huge walk with the dogs as they have only had a couple of really short ones round the block this week. But as we are in the middle of a renovation, it will depend on whether or not I get a reasonable amount of painting done.

Have been doing heaps of reading on Marks Daily Apple about the Primal blueprint and am very keen to get started, but of course, as I have no kitchen now for the next two weeks, 1 april is my d-day.

Keep it up Suse! Get through this sickness, get that primal diet in order, and you'll be a completely new person!

-Steve

Well no workouts to report as still recovering, however I think sanding and painting can be considered good exercise for the arms. Also, going up and down a step ladder to work the legs and quads could be considered exercise too. :D

Today is monday, and I should have got up early for a brisk walk with the dogs but I have to confess I failed on this front today as I didnt want to wake my partner as he has been working so hard on the house and is exhausted. Will aim for a brisk walk when I get home though.

On the eating front, well lets just say that when you dont have a kitchen, the first place to turn to is junk, and eating out. I've been to 2 buffet style meals over the weekend. I had 2nd helpings which for me is rare. I've also polished off a lot of coke in the weekend, which I normally hardly ever drink. I've also had Kentucky fried chicken and I had a giant cream donut some time over the weekend. So I dont think the weight loss plan will be happening this week somehow. Perhaps I'm just getting all this junk in me now because I know I am going to soon give it up!

ok I confess I did not walk the dogs last night. The Primal Blueprint arrived in the mail and I sat down with a glass (or 2) of wine to have a good read. Very interesting and I cant wait to get started (she says as she sucks on a lolly.. or candy as it is known to the US readers)

However on a bright note, today I have done the stairs at work 3 times. That is 8 flights each time. In preparation for tomorrows team training session in the morning.... eeeeeooooowwww, I'm a bit scared to go back.

i did it!!! I got up this morning and went to team training. Am feeling very proud of myself... and also just a little bit tired and will probably have sore arms tomorrow (lots of arm work today)

upper body and quads definitely a little sore today but nothing compared to the first work out when just moving was impossible. So looking good for me to get out of bed tomorrow for friday's session.

Today I have done the stairs a couple of times and I will get my carpool buddy to drop me off at the top of my street for a 1km walk home, however as I forgot to bring flats I think it will be a slow saunter in my high heels.

I have also eaten pretty well so far, bacon and eggs for breakfast (no bread), lunch was a chunky vege and chicken soup (again no bread but believe me, it was calling my name). Dinner could be a problem as still kitchenless and I feel takeaways coming on, but will aim for something somewhat primal like thai but with no rice.. I have also just this minute turned down chocolate that was offered to me! As you can tell I'm sort of gearing up to an early start for my primal way of life.

good news. I got up and went to team training this morning. Its hard man! Heaps of squats, burpees, lunges, running with a 4kg ball over my head, etc. For...an...hour...in... the... dark... CRAZY! but I feel good and the aches and pains feel bearable now. It's quite supportive actually, I am way unfitter (thats not a word I know) than everyone else, but I just do what I can and push myself a bit and everyone has a laugh. Only 6 of us at training this morning.

Had a healthy day yesterday in terms of the eating, stuck to the plan and had thai for dinner, chilli garlic basil chicken.. no rice. man oh man, was it hot, but goooood. So it was nice to go to bed and not feel bloated.

Unfortunately no protein with my breakfast this morning, and back on to the whole grain bread as thats all i had in the fridge at work. I must buy some protein powder for when I really start going primal so that I am not waylaid by grains. Am going to find myself a healthy lunch though with lots of protein.

I had weigh in yesterday and was 58.9kg, a 200g gain from last week. Not unhappy about that, as am still under 59kg. Hopefully next week I will get below 58kg though.

If I was grading myself I think I would give me a B+ just for staying motivated. This challenge is really helping me! Thanks Steve.

busy weekend, lots of renovation work, up and down step ladders, sanding, painting, moving stuff. Every muscle in my body has been used and is telling me about it. Had a big dog walk yesterday, my furkids were very happy about that. Pleased to be at monday and back at work for a rest :-)

Sign in to follow this