Mike reporting in from the Metro Detroit area. I tried thinking up a good nickname to stay in theme, but I kept feeling like George Costanza when he tried assuming the nickname T-Bone at his new job and that didn't work out well for him.

koko.jpg.c1357797213b5eecc7b85369618299f3.jpg

As it is I already go by my actual name (Game of Thrones-ized) for my multiple past attempts at blogging my fitness journey. After quitting smoking before my 30th Birthday I took up cycling to train for that year's MS150 (150 miles over 2 days) cycling fundraiser. That was my first foray into endurance sports (about 11 years ago). Since then I added running to my portfolio and have since completed numerous 5K/10K races, 4 Half Marathons and 2 Sprint Triathlons. By the end of the year I will have run my first 10 mile race (next weekend) and my 5th Half Marathon.

In order to better incorporate Strength Training & Injury prevention, I'm beginning to incorporate Strength and Circuit Training Workouts into my weekly routine.

While I'm not nicknaming myself for use on the forums here I generally use Game of Thrones-esque naming and nomenclature for use on social media and blogging (when I do it). I am a graphic designer at heart so I generally can't help myself when it comes to branding things I'm involved with (See exhibit A below).

20708458_1679532558746257_8517831497132367900_n_down.thumb.jpg.4a0ab5c0c720dab5d4a4669be51663f5.jpg

I look forward to the the upcoming 4 week challenge as I believe that will help keep things interesting going into the final weeks of training for my October Half Marathon.

• Like 2

Michael of House Mistak, First of His Name

ForcesOfProgeny.comFacebook | Twitter | Instagram | AthlinksRunkeeper | Strava | Endomondo | Garmin

On 9/5/2017 at 6:01 PM, Mike @ Miles4Milestones said:

Mike reporting in from the Metro Detroit area. I tried thinking up a good nickname to stay in theme, but I kept feeling like George Costanza when he tried assuming the nickname T-Bone at his new job and that didn't work out well for him.

koko.jpg.c1357797213b5eecc7b85369618299f3.jpg

As it is I already go by my actual name (Game of Thrones-ized) for my multiple past attempts at blogging my fitness journey. After quitting smoking before my 30th Birthday I took up cycling to train for that year's MS150 (150 miles over 2 days) cycling fundraiser. That was my first foray into endurance sports (about 11 years ago). Since then I added running to my portfolio and have since completed numerous 5K/10K races, 4 Half Marathons and 2 Sprint Triathlons. By the end of the year I will have run my first 10 mile race (next weekend) and my 5th Half Marathon.

In order to better incorporate Strength Training & Injury prevention, I'm beginning to incorporate Strength and Circuit Training Workouts into my weekly routine.

While I'm not nicknaming myself for use on the forums here I generally use Game of Thrones-esque naming and nomenclature for use on social media and blogging (when I do it). I am a graphic designer at heart so I generally can't help myself when it comes to branding things I'm involved with (See exhibit A below).

20708458_1679532558746257_8517831497132367900_n_down.thumb.jpg.4a0ab5c0c720dab5d4a4669be51663f5.jpg

I look forward to the the upcoming 4 week challenge as I believe that will help keep things interesting going into the final weeks of training for my October Half Marathon.

Dang, swanky-ass designs there. The hound ears on the stark wolf is fantastic.

• Like 1

Level 38 [TBD]

Hey hey!

A fellow creative here (I'm an illustrator and also can't help trying to adding a little something to my social profiles) 

You're journey so far sounds amazing. I'm hoping to explore cycling as a way to get fit (also as an alternative commute to work! Boom, double benefits!)... any tips on where to start? Other than getting a bike obviously XD

Also, loving the designs and welcome to the forum!

• Like 2

-Rebel-

4WC 2019 : 2.7.2

“Get a dream, hold on to it and shoot for the sky.” 

-- Dusty Rhodes

On 9/11/2017 at 4:06 PM, Laghail said:

Dang, swanky-ass designs there. The hound ears on the stark wolf is fantastic.

Thanks I was quite happy with how that turned out and how the ears really made all the difference.

• Like 1

Michael of House Mistak, First of His Name

ForcesOfProgeny.comFacebook | Twitter | Instagram | AthlinksRunkeeper | Strava | Endomondo | Garmin