Lincoln's Log

Stardate [-4] 94678.5

I've been meaning to keep a "blog" for some time, and while this isn't really the same, it serves the same purpose. 

As of today, I have had net success in my efforts to get fit and stay healthy. I currently sit at a net weight loss of 45 lbs, yet I still have a ways to go. My goal is to weigh approximately 220 lbs with a body fat percentage below 18% by the time my younger brother Curtis (name changed for security reasons) marries his no girlfriend. He intends to do so within the next three years. 

In the past, I've had success with counting calories. As such, I am retaining the practice. Not as a rule book to live by, but more that I think better in terms of numbers and like to keep track of things. Makes them easier for me to visualize. 

In the more "actual" dietary progress, I have again met relative success. I have completely cut sodas and other liquid calories from my diet, and feel perfectly satisfied with water. This coming down from an all time high of eight sodas every day, I consider it an accomplishment. I am also experimenting with more interesting ways to prepare vegetables. I have discovered a particular liking for romaine lettuce, cabbage, broccoli, and green bell peppers. All of these I prefer raw, though I have found that baking carrots with olive oil, salt, and pepper yields a flavor and consistency similar to that of sweet potato fries.

Over time, I have also noticed my former love of beef to be dwindling. I'm not very keen on the taste and I've found the sheer density of the meat to be uncomfortable. Currently, most of my protein comes from poultry, pork, and fish.

Exercise is the most difficult part for me. Every morning, I've gotten into the habit of taking a 30 minute walk around my neighborhood at 0530, but getting into the habit of exercising during the day has so far eluded me. My intention was to strength train on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Sundays, as these are the four days each week that I have the most free time. Again, the habit is the hard part. I have a full schedule with work and school. Energy levels throughout the day are low. I'll work on a remedy for this.

Anyway, good first log entry. 

End of log.

• Like 2

"Your stance, your walk tells me you are a Jedi." - Darth Traya

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2

Lincoln's Log

Stardate [-4]94684.3

Depression sucks. I've been dealing with it for close to eight and a half years now, with most of that time being undiagnosed. Last year's depression spike was what killed my momentum with my weight loss, and the aftershocks are probably part of the reason I've stagnated this last year. 

It kills what I've found to be the most important component of fitness and health for me: reason. I often see no point in trying to better myself. There's no reason externally to do so, and internally I'm often battling my own skewed perception of myself. 

The best way to describe it is by pointing out Darth Vader from Star Wars. He believed with all of himself that Anakin Skywalker was dead, and now only pain and emptiness were real. That's what my bad times feel like. And it's during then that I find myself unable to do anything for my own benefit, much less eat right and exercise.

So, to anyone reading this who feels the same way, I want to let you know that it's wrong. All someone you know who loves you, and they will tell you who you are. You can deny it, you can try to hide it, but all the signs are there: there is a Jedi inside of you. 

I've found and stayed in my own Fount of the Dark Side for too long. It's time I find my Fount of the Light.

End of log.

Lincoln's Log

Stardate [-4]94685.8

Well, I finally had a chance to weigh myself, so I can properly post my stats. 

Sex: Male

Height: 6'3"

Weight: 316.6 lbs (143.61 kg)

Goal weight: 220 (99.79 kg)

BFP: 40%-43% (according to online calculators)

Goal BFP: 13%-18% (Until I think I look good lol)

Timetable: 2-4 years (My brother's wedding)

I'll update these every few weeks or so.

Today I'm going to try to get some strength training in, since Fridays are one of the days I actually have considerable time off. My diet is going well, just need to go get some more veggies today. 

Otherwise, feeling pretty good today after my Jedi post haha. Weird how a quote from a villain in a video game can boost your spirits.

Not much else to report.

End of log.

Lincoln's Log

Stardate [-4]94688.7

Diet is progressing well, though I've had to adjust my calorie goals. 1900 is just too darn few for me, though that's what I calculated for a 1% loss rate. I'm sticking to 2100/day now. Far more filling.

I'm starting to feel the effects again as well. I'm less... bloated for lack of a better word. Progress will be slow, though I'm counting on that. I'm young, but my excess skin has been a looming shadow for me since I decided to get in shape. I feel that a slower loss rate will help it's elasticity. 

Strength training is still difficult for me. Either my schedule is too full, or it's too dang hot when I do have time. I'm trying to get some friends to lift with me without much success. I'm just going to keep focusing on my diet for now, just because I'm doing well there and I don't want to change too many things too fast. I have succeeded in taking a 30 minute walk every morning too this week, and am about to go for my Saturday walk when this log is finished.

I'm also juggling whether to give myself rewards for milestones in my fitness journey. I've been wanting to get back to riding a bike, but I'm just too darn heavy right now. I'm thinking I'll get myself one when I hit 280. Should be a pretty doable goal. My loss rate with my calorie goals rounds out to about 3lb/week, so at the current rate, I should hit this around December 2nd (one of my brother's birthdays, and about the end of the semester). 

I'll post my nutrient numbers here every evening to help keep accountable with that as well.

Have a good Saturday!

End of Log.

Lincoln's Log

Stardate [-4]94691.2

Things are going well. I wen't over my calorie limit yesterday by a few hundred, mostly attributed to D&D night. I'll have to take that into account next time.

Today a friend of my father's is coming over for a cookout. I'm going to the store soon to pick up supplies, and get myself more fish, turkey, and chicken burgers. I'm very fortunate that I'm the only one in my family who eats them haha.

Completed my walk this morning. Taking things slow and steady is working well, as is this log. Still feeling strong and good about things.

From now on, I'll be posting log entries in the evenings. More accurate way to sum up the day, and it fits with my schedule better.

End of Log.

Lincoln's Log

Stardate [-4]94697.4

"Course Correction"

Calorie Count Goal: 2100

Calorie Count Actual: 

Exercise:

Depression Condition (Depcon): 4.8/5 (5 being best, 1 being worst)

Notable Events:

Completed first Mastercam Program

Loaded CNC machine for the first time

Daily Summary:

First off, I need to apologize for yesterday's entry. I'll post about it in the Respawn forum, but suffice to say Yesterday was a low day. Today was much better.

I jumped back onto the health train today. I've eaten very little, mostly because of scheduling difficulties with my meals and because I forgot my lunch box at home when I went to school (oops).

Exercise-wise, I didn't complete a walk this morning.Just couldn't make myself do it. I'll try to complete some form of physical activity tonight, but I won't promise anything.

I'm planning to participate in this next Four Week Challenge. I'll list my goals in the proper forum there.

All in all, not much to report. Will post final calorie numbers this evening when I finish with my church group.

September 12, 2017 14:43:22

End of Log

Lincoln's Log

Stardate [-4]94700.0

"Pushing On"

Calorie Count Actual Previous Day: 2531

Exercise Previous Day: None

Depcon: 5

Notable Events:

Ran first cam program in CNC today

Daily Summary:

Today is a good day. I actually feel "above average," which is a big deal for me haha. 

Dietary wise, I'm finding it difficult to keep my calorie counts near my goal. I don't have a lot of time to eat, and the stuff I do eat is very lean (mostly chicken). I'll figure out a fix for this. I'm prepping for my first "Four Week Challenge." I've decided to focus on vegetables I already like as my "one veggie a day" goal. I'll elaborate a bit more in my response to that post, as requested.

Exersise is still not easy. I'm getting tired of waking up at 0530 for fasted cardio (which I'm still looking for information on), and I have very little will to work out when I get out of class (though now I'm pretty good, so I'll try to get something in after I'm done updating). 

Lifestyle... That's an interesting topic to think about for me. Generally, I feel like my life isn't too bad. Though with my depression spikes, I think I need to divert some energy into this facet. I am a religious person, so that will play a factor in this. Maybe start off with reading a chapter of scripture every evening. I have outlined that I intend to "say one good thing to myself in the mirror every morning." Maybe that will help things, I'm not sure.

All in all, a good day today.

September 13, 2017 14:05:15

End of Log

Lincoln's Log

Stardate [-4]94702.9

"Calm"

Calorie Count Actual Previous Day: 2068

Exercise Previous Day: Beginner Bodyweight Workout (Modified slightly)

Depcon: 5

Notable Events:

Ran CNC lathe for the first time

Daily Summary:

Not much to report today honestly. I'll add a supplemental entry if anything worth talking about happens.

September 14, 2017 14:48:40

End of Log

On 9/19/2017 at 6:15 AM, Lincoln_R1 said:

Lincoln's Log

Stardate [-4]94715.7

"No Progress"

Title sums it up. I haven't lost any weight or gained any muscle. I don't have time to work out. 

Not much else to report. No one will read this anyway.

End of Log

Image result for orly

"You're going to be amazing." 

Fantasy Football league 2019

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Games: God of War, Kingdom Hearts 3, Destiny 2

Level 15  Wookie Warrior

Lincoln's Log

Stardate [-4]94735.5

"A bump in the road"

I'm not doing well. My depressive tendencies are siphoning my willpower and my motivations away, and I honestly don't see any reason to keep trying to get in shape or be healthier. Any reason has a counter. 

The second biggest obstacle is time. Honestly, I can see tone where I can exercise when I take a 3 dimensional look at my schedule, but when I'm just going about my day, time just gets lost. 

Finally my family is... a difficult situation. They'll give me all the support they can as long as they don't have to actually do anything or change anything about themselves. When they want to go out to eat, if I say no they go out if their way to make me feel bad about it. When I ask them not to buy soda because my willpower in this matter is tiny, they ignore me. 

In the end, I'm not seeing any progress in myself or my outlook. Honestly, I no longer expect to.

End of log

Lincoln's Log

Stardate [-4]94767.9

"Radio Silence"

I finally found my mouse ball today. That's partially the reason I've been in radio silence so long. I've also been in a bad depression spot these last few weeks. But, I'm in an even space now, so I'm going to be posting my new plan here: Operation Iroh. It's a three fold operation, with a focus on small gradual changes.

The most important aspect of physical wellness is health, and a major part of one's health is one's diet. That's the first spoke of Operation Iroh: Dietary Alteration. Honestly, I'm not doing too bad on this front. Beef has been all but cut out of the diet, being substituted with Chicken and Turkey (which I prefer anyway). I only eat beef and other red meats on special occasions, and in moderation as it's so dense and I don't like the flavor. Processed sugars and snacks are going to be the first thing I need to cut out, since they are often prevalent around my home. I plan on substituting with fruits and veggies. 

So Diet Phase 1: Eat a serving of fruit and a serving of vegetables every day.

I'll cut it there, as I realized I haven't eaten yet today. I'll be back later.

Pause

[Edit]

Lincoln's Log

Supplimental

I apologize for the delay, several things have happened since I got off. Grilled up a whole pack of salmon burgers and turkey burgers for my meals these next few days/weeks. Also, I got some hours at work on Sundays from next weekend on, so that's really nice haha. 

Anyway, my plans for excersise are as follows: I'll begin my waking every morning. I already do so several times a week, so every day is just conditioning. After a month, I'll start jogging once a week in place of walking. Two months in, and I do two days a week of jogging and so on and so forth. 

Strength training will start when I finish school this December. I'll have more time then to do so. 

Anyway, that's all I have for today. Have a good one everybody!

Lincoln's Log

Stardate something...

"Post Semester" 

Whelp, I'm back. Semester is finally done, I officially ma finished with school for the foreseeable future. 

My exercise and diet plans have been, as per usual, less than successful .For a long time, I lacked any motivation to lose weight, so I didn't really put energy into it. And it shows, I'm hovering around the 325 mark, which is a net annual gain of 5 lbs. 

But now, I've got a piece of motivation: my brother's wedding. He's planning on proposing to his girlfriend in the next six months (he already has the ring, so it might be sooner rather than later). Id like to at least look good for his wedding, so he and I are putting some serious effort working out a diet and exercise plan. So far, we are going to be working on going Paleo, which we feel is easier than going vegetarian or vegan. As for exercise, I'm planning on doing Kung Fu Three times a week for about 2.5-3 hours a session, and strength training on the days I don't do Kung Fu. Strength training for me is 15 minutes of meditation, the beginning yoga poses from Nerd Fitness, the beginner body weight workout from NF, free weights, and then meditation. Should be nice and intense. 

I hope to see some good progress in the coming year. 

Thanks for reading you guys! It's good to be back!