Springfield Gonna Ranger: The Ranger Mini-Challenge

Good to see you back @bker1370!

8 x 30 second sprint intervals done today. :) 

“All You Have To Decide Is What To Do With The Time That Is Given To You.” - Gandalf

Current Challenge: A Bold New Year

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|2728 29|30

The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Dúnedain Ranger: Vol I, Vol IIVol III, Interim| Vol IV|Vol V 

Did 10x30s sprint intervals this morning.  I didn't realize how far I have to go to fill up a full 30 seconds for a sprint.  I noticed that I have great form for the first 50 yards, mediocre form for the next 50 and then just crap for anything beyond that :D 

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Got up for boot camp today for 1 reason: 68 sets of 30 seconds on, 10 seconds off.  Busted my butt for 45 minutes (including lunges and burpees...my arch nemesis).  Totally worth it to bring some numbers to the mini.

• Like 2

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Human Bard: CON 2, WIS 5, INT 1, CHA 2

Current Challenge: Nova Levels Up (and maybe doesn't abandon a challenge...)

I have yet to get any intervals in but I'm heading to the gym tonight.  I should be able to make some modifications to Sledgehammer Shenanigans to get some points. 

Image result for cartoons with sledgehammers gif

• Like 4

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Got another 2 intervals in today (sit ups). We've got this!

Side note: my department have a whiteboard where we each have a square to keep track of what reports we're working on, what's gone out, etc. We rarely have our own names in our squares. Sometimes its natural disasters (I was still new enough to have my own name back then) or other random themes. Today we had a hilarious half hour deciding on Simpson names for everyone! I ended up as Barney Gumble... ;). Could be worse. A colleague who was on an archive visit today got put as Hans Moleman... :lol: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

“All You Have To Decide Is What To Do With The Time That Is Given To You.” - Gandalf

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|2728 29|30

The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Dúnedain Ranger: Vol I, Vol IIVol III, Interim| Vol IV|Vol V 

1 minute ago, Alcinoe said:

Question anyone. Do I just add my count what I have already put on the sheet? Ie I did 12 x30 secs. Other day. Then today 8 sets of lunges and squats c 30 secs. Would I change my total to 20? If I do more tonight add on top of that?

You got it!  Great job!

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

I entered my sprints from this week so far ....

and .....

WE DID IT!!

• Like 5

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

On 9/5/2017 at 9:47 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Phase 2 Support

Image result for professor frink gif

Ok people, the situation is critical

Image result for simpsons nuclear plant gif

We need to strengthinate the supportulatrons to keep the situation from getting any worse.

Image result for professor frink gif

So for this week, we will be doing planks. Every second of a plank is a point for our team. Now there are a lot of variations on planks, and I have formulated the spreedseheetilator to account for this here. On the Phase 2 sheet of the spreadsheet I just linked, enter your total seconds of planks in the correct column.

Low Planks on your knees go in column B. As this is the least difficult variant, each second here will be worth half a second for the total (don't worry about doing the math, I formulated the spreadsheet to take care of that).

Here is an example of Low Plank on Knees

Image result for low plank on knees

Low Planks on your toes count for 3/4 of a second, and go in column C. They look like this:

Image result for low plank on toes

High Planks on your knees also count at 3/4 of a second, and go in column D. They Look like this:

Image result for low plank on knees

Regular planks are a 1:1 value, they go in column E

Image result for regular plank

Side planks count extra 1.25 seconds of credit, they go in Column F

Image result for side plank

The math is all automatic, just list your seconds done for each type of plank. 

You have all of week 2 to get plank time in.

The goal is 5000 seconds. Please don't convert to minutes, put everything into the spreadsheet as seconds. Thanks.

Well done on week 1, we got everyone out of the plant. See above for next week's challenge. You can still get intervals in this week, and can enter them whenever, but please only claim credit for intervals done during week 1. Thank you

• Like 5

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

This is perfect. I keep meaning to do side planks, since they are supposed to be so good for your core. This will give me the motivation I need to actually do them

• Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

2 questions:

1) Are regular planks the same as the front lean & rest (pushup position)?

2) How should we count dynamic planks (e.g. knees to elbows, reach throughs, etc.)? Sub-question - do dynamic planks even count towards this at all or only static?

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Planks! This is perfect! Just at a time where I decided (literally yesterday) to add daily planks back into my morning and nightly routine! :) 

• Like 1

Spoiler

7 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

2 questions:

1) Are regular planks the same as the front lean & rest (pushup position)?

2) How should we count dynamic planks (e.g. knees to elbows, reach throughs, etc.)? Sub-question - do dynamic planks even count towards this at all or only static?

1), Yes, regular planks are resting in the "up" part of pushup position.

2)I think for simplicity sake we'll keep this to static planks.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

1 minute this morning, and 1 minute this evening unmodified plank. (Until recently, I didn't even realise the elbow/low plank was a variation of an unmodified plank. I find them equally challenging...)

Spoiler

4 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

Until recently, I didn't even realise the elbow/low plank was a variation of an unmodified plank.

Same for me. I have spent loads of time in the unmodified plank position so for me the elbow plank is much more difficult. I thought it was the same for everyone so was quite surprised to see how they were counted for this mini.

• Like 1

Level 2 Ninja