Jump to content

Springfield Gonna Ranger: The Ranger Mini-Challenge


Recommended Posts

High planks on elbows! Did not know this wasn't the full on plank. However it's what I can do yay me. Five minutes of planks with weights and rests in between. And because our van blew up on the drive across Canada I'm "stuck" in a Holiday Inn in Alberta. But got to use their gym today and smash some dumbells together. *clang clang* our dog is handling it best lolling around on a king-size bed snuffling up against the duvet. 

  • Like 2

:bee:

Quote

This too shall pass

Link to comment
11 hours ago, Alcinoe said:

High planks on elbows! Did not know this wasn't the full on plank. However it's what I can do yay me. Five minutes of planks with weights and rests in between. And because our van blew up on the drive across Canada I'm "stuck" in a Holiday Inn in Alberta. But got to use their gym today and smash some dumbells together. *clang clang* our dog is handling it best lolling around on a king-size bed snuffling up against the duvet. 

5 minutes -woot!

Sounds like at least you're stuck at a nice hotel. Hope it's an easy fix for the van

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Link to comment

@Tanktimus the Encourager_ I thought the side planks were extra credit, but it doesn't look like it the score sheet? Of course, I could just be confused, since I haven't had my morning coffee and donut yet.:)

  • Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Link to comment
3 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

@Tanktimus the Encourager_ I thought the side planks were extra credit, but it doesn't look like it the score sheet? Of course, I could just be confused, since I haven't had my morning coffee and donut yet.:)

I think it may be an issue with the spreadsheet. It doesn't seem to be counting mine at all. Even without it, we're already on 23%! Rangers gonna Ranger ;) 

  • Like 1

“All You Have To Decide Is What To Do With The Time That Is Given To You.” - Gandalf

 

Current Challenge: A Bold New Year

 

 

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|2728 29|30

The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Dúnedain Ranger: Vol I, Vol IIVol III, Interim| Vol IV|Vol V 

 

 

Link to comment
5 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

@Tanktimus the Encourager_ I thought the side planks were extra credit, but it doesn't look like it the score sheet? Of course, I could just be confused, since I haven't had my morning coffee and donut yet.:)

 

1 hour ago, Rhovaniel said:

I think it may be an issue with the spreadsheet. It doesn't seem to be counting mine at all. Even without it, we're already on 23%! Rangers gonna Ranger ;) 

It was a user error on my part, it's been fixed. 

  • Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Link to comment
2 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

I think it may be an issue with the spreadsheet. It doesn't seem to be counting mine at all. Even without it, we're already on 23%! Rangers gonna Ranger ;) 

And now that  Tank fixed it, we are at  31.5% already! Rangers gonna Ranger indeed.

  • Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Link to comment

I feel like I better sneak away real quick. I can plank twice as long on my hands than on my elbows.  Plus I get more points!  Woo Hoo!

http://media.giphy.com/media/zac5EvG19YCVa/giphy.gif

 

  • Like 2

suzyQlou * Ranger    

Old Challenges: #1(2015) * #2 * #3(push ups) * #4 * #5(food) * #6 * #7(2016)* #8(nerdiversary) * #9 * 10(animal) * Battle Log * 11(2017) * 12(garden) * 13 * 14(biking) * 15 * 16  * 17  * 18 * 19(2018) * 20(2019) * 21

Link to comment
On 9/5/2017 at 9:47 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Phase 3 Repair

 

Image result for frink gif

So, Glavin, we've strengthinated the suportulotrons to keep things from getting worse. Now it's time to fixinate the, glavin, brokulated things. We're going to do that with the power of our minds.

Image result for simpsons meditation gif

In all the work we do to repair our bodies, we must remember our minds need recovery as well.

Image result for simpsons meditation gif

So this week the task is meditation. We're going to do a very specific type of meditation. I want you to get a picture of your favorite animal. Watch this picture while you meditate. It's going to be very simple. Sit comfortably, clear your mind as best you can (don't take more than a few seconds on this step). And begin breathing calmly. On the inhale say to yourself "I am a healthy person." On the exhale say to yourself "I make healthy decisions." And that's it. Focus on those thoughts as you breath in and out, to the exclusion of everything else. Go as long as you can, and log the minutes of meditation into the spreadsheet. Don't grade yourself on how well you think you did, if you were trying, it counts. If you have to redirect your thoughts several times a minute, remember that redirection is a part of meditation. I recommend a combination of a stopwatch, just going as long as you can, and a timer, going till the timer goes off. Don't try too much too soon, it's not easy at first. We need 550 minutes as a group. Log in whole minutes please. They can be done anytime during week 3. You can still log things for the other two activities, provided you did them during the week where that was the activity.

 

  • Like 6

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Link to comment
On 6-9-2017 at 4:47 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Phase 3 Repair

 

Image result for frink gif

So, Glavin, we've strengthinated the suportulotrons to keep things from getting worse. Now it's time to fixinate the, glavin, brokulated things. We're going to do that with the power of our minds.

Image result for simpsons meditation gif

In all the work we do to repair our bodies, we must remember our minds need recovery as well.

Image result for simpsons meditation gif

So this week the task is meditation. We're going to do a very specific type of meditation. I want you to get a picture of your favorite animal. Watch this picture while you meditate. It's going to be very simple. Sit comfortably, clear your mind as best you can (don't take more than a few seconds on this step). And begin breathing calmly. On the inhale say to yourself "I am a healthy person." On the exhale say to yourself "I make healthy decisions." And that's it. Focus on those thoughts as you breath in and out, to the exclusion of everything else. Go as long as you can, and log the minutes of meditation into the spreadsheet. Don't grade yourself on how well you think you did, if you were trying, it counts. If you have to redirect your thoughts several times a minute, remember that redirection is a part of meditation. I recommend a combination of a stopwatch, just going as long as you can, and a timer, going till the timer goes off. Don't try too much too soon, it's not easy at first. We need 550 minutes as a group. Log in whole minutes please. They can be done anytime during week 3. You can still log things for the other two activities, provided you did them during the week where that was the activity.

i need this

  • Like 1

Lvl 1: Adventurer with monk ambitions

Current weight: 123,3 KG.   Target weight: 85KG

 

Link to comment

Got 15 minutes in so far, 5 yesterday morning and 10 this morning.

  • Like 2

B'ker Level 1 Half-elf Ranger  STR: 3  DEX: 3  CON: 3  INT: 3  WIS: 2  CHA: 2

Bker Survives December Challenge Tracking Spreadsheet

Walking to Mordor (2019) Spreadsheet

 MyFitnessPal | FitBit | Instagram

Walking to Mordor 1879.44 miles/1779 miles

Mini Challenge:  Week 1:  | Week 2:  | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 |

Link to comment

Is my "before bed" guided meditation supposed to actually make me fall asleep?  I kinda did. ha.

  • Like 2

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

 

Human Bard: CON 2, WIS 5, INT 1, CHA 2

 

Current Challenge: Nova Levels Up (and maybe doesn't abandon a challenge...)

Link to comment
On 2017-09-30 at 3:08 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

 

Clearly I suck at Phase 3....cannot seem to focus enough to mediatate, although because I feel generally overwhelmed with current state of my life LOL, I spend many moments taking a breath and focusing on mindfulness. Breathe baby breathe,

:bee:

Quote

This too shall pass

Link to comment
2 hours ago, Alcinoe said:

Clearly I suck at Phase 3....cannot seem to focus enough to mediatate, although because I feel generally overwhelmed with current state of my life LOL, I spend many moments taking a breath and focusing on mindfulness. Breathe baby breathe,

Image result for sucking at something is the first step to getting

  • Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Link to comment

Meditation was not my jam but push ups totally are. We got this!

 

giphy.gif

  • Like 2

Feminist Ranger (she/her)

Based in Melbourne, Australia

Current Challenge: Emerald Eagle refills her cup (January 2021)
Instagram: @emeraldeaglenf

 

“I wish you would thrash him. He deserves it." She looked back at him. "I will one day, sir. I'm getting tired of falling down.” - Alanna: The First Adventure

Link to comment
On 2017-09-05 at 10:47 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Phase 4 (It's Not My Fault)

 

Our momentum from weeks 1 and 2 has covered our week 3. Now that the plant is mostly repaired, it's time for the search for the guilty and punishment of the innocent.

Image result for simpsons its not my fault

Image result for simpsons its not my faultImage result for simpsons its not my fault

 

 

In order to protect ourselves, we need to push away the blame, so the task for this week is pushups. There will be modifiers again on the spreadsheet. If you do Incline Pushups (where your hands are higher than your feet) you'll get a .5 modifier. Knee pushups (hands and knees on the ground) get a .75 modifier. Regular pushups, (hands and feet on the ground) are 1 for 1. Decline Pushups (hands on the ground, Knees higher than feet) get a 1.25 modifier. We need 2000.

 

Oh this I can do!!! Love the push-up.

  • Like 2

:bee:

Quote

This too shall pass

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines