Neeko's Daybreak Escape

Good morning, fellow Rebels!

Neeko's back! I know y'all missed me dearly. ;)

A lot has happened since I have last been on the forums. So I feel like I should give a quick recap. The new job I got as a Resident Care Aide is infinitely better than working at a donut shop. It doesn't sap my soul away but it is more difficult work. I also end up working a lot of 16 hour shifts, which are just exhausting. But I'm happy where I'm at for right now. I even just got a mini promotion to Medication Technician (I can pass meds now.). So now I'm doing aide work two days a week and med teching two days. Classes have started up again so working 5 days is just out of the question. But it's doable if I need to go down that road.

Over the summer I also moved... twice... I finally got to move out of my cousin's house (not that I didn't love it there, but I wanted a little independence) and moved into a trailer that my mom owns. It's out in the middle of nowhere and there's a ton of land. I thought it would be perfect. But my mom's scumbag boyfriend turned off the water, not even two weeks in, and never turned it back on. Then there was a small electrical fire which solidified the fact that I wouldn't be able to stay there. It was a rough day. And I really had no where to go. I have my dog back, so I didn't really have any options. My grandparents saved the day though.

They offered me one of their apartments to rent. They even gave me leeway so I could keep Rocky (my dog). The biggest stipulation was that my sister and niece moved in with me. The apartment is nice. It's tiny though. And dark. It's also a lot further away from my job and college than I would have liked. I'm happy though. I get my space, my dog, and to be able to spend more time with my sister and niece.

I also started to develop a candle company over the summer. It hasn't really gone anywhere yet. I'm finding it difficult to juggle my day to day life with it. But I would really like to see it take off. It's called Daybreak Escapes. I linked it! There's nothing on it right now... But I'm planning on putting some things up this weekend!

On a different note... My relationship with my boyfriend is pretty rocky right now. It honestly feels like it's essentially done. We had a pretty bad fight. He's broke his hand because he was mad and decided his best option was to hit a wall. He's in a lot of pain and is more depressed than usual. We tried to discuss our problems this past weekend. I thought we both wanted to work through them. I consented to making some changes. But he doesn't want to try. It basically became me making changes but he doesn't want to do anything himself... It's kind of frustrating...

Moving on! Classes have started up again. In December I'll be graduating with my LPN! Classes are going okay so far. They sprung this service learning project on us out of nowhere though. And, it's super unorganized. None of us knows what's going on. I also need to think about what I want to do after I get my LPN. Next fall I can start my RN if I choose to. But I really don't want to take a semester off. I've also been considering going into Healthcare Informatics.

And finally, I had a scare with my knee. We thought I tore my meniscus but thankfully I only wore away some of my cartilage... Which still really sucks. But I don't need surgery so that's something. This happened just before I ran a Tough Mudder...  :D

20638218_10214229164587108_7753395087041

I also completed said Tough Mudder. Well... the Tough Mudder Half anyway.

20620984_10214229251269275_6744975944003

I was super proud of myself. We started with a group of five of us as you can see. We lost two of them along the way unfortunately. My sister and boyfriend left halfway though with the medics. My two friends and I finished it up and made a couple friends along the way who helped us through the rest of the obstacles. It was an awesome experience. If anyone has the opportunity to do participate in a Tough Mudder, I would definitely recommend it. It was super challenging but a lot of fun with awesome people.

And that about wraps up my summer!

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone around the forums again!

Level 1 Elf Rebel Ranger

STR 0.15 || DEX 0.00 || STA 0.36 || CON 4.71 || WIS 6.47 || CHA 3.32

Character Profile || Fitbit

Battle Log || Current Challenge

Hello!  Just ran across your thread.  Moving and significant other stress aside, that tough mudder looks like fun!  Also, congrats on enjoying the new job and your schooling milestone coming up!

@Casbin, it's been a hectic couple of months. But, there were definitely a lot of high points. I'm glad to be back on the forums. I can't wait to jump back into challenges.

@QuietRiotGrrrl, welcome to my thread! And, thank you! The Tough Mudder was awesome! I'm so glad I did it. Especially since I was seriously considering not attempting it because of my knee. And then at that half way point, was seriously considering going back with the others. But I just wanted to finish it. And, I'm so glad I did. I was such a great experience. And, I can't wait to do another one.

• Like 2

Level 1 Elf Rebel Ranger

STR 0.15 || DEX 0.00 || STA 0.36 || CON 4.71 || WIS 6.47 || CHA 3.32

Character Profile || Fitbit

Battle Log || Current Challenge