• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hazard

Guild Leader A.M.A. with Hazard - (Ask Me Anything)

Hi!

I'm Hazard.  If you're a Level 1 beginner to Nerd Fitness Challenges, then I'm your Guild Leader.

I've made this thread to give you an easy/quick way to ask me questions.  Please make sure you've read the NF Beginner Guidebook first.  But after that, if you have any questions for me, you can post them here.

• Like 7

On 9/11/2017 at 9:33 AM, Melyssa said:

Hi Hazard.  I've done a couple challenges about 4 years or so ago.  Should I start here or just go into one of the guilds?

Hi Melyssa/SunSeeker!

For someone coming back after a long time away, particularly those who've only done a small number of challenges in the distant past, I'd recommend respawning here in the Level 1s.  This will give you the chance to re-learn and practice doing an NF Challenge, while getting extra attention and help from myself and guild ambassadors, along with any other GLs or veteran players who like to drop by and check on the Level 1s.

And welcome back. :) 

• Like 6

I am new, thinking about doing a challenge. Can you only start them at certain times?

For instance I see that the currant challenge is running until October 14th. Do I need to wait until that challenge has finished or could I start one now?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, PixiePrincessPea said:

I am new, thinking about doing a challenge. Can you only start them at certain times?

For instance I see that the currant challenge is running until October 14th. Do I need to wait until that challenge has finished or could I start one now?

Start today. :) 

Whether it's the first official day of this Challenge period, or its 2nd week, or its 4th week, or even the very last official day of this Challenge period:  Please don't hesitate to begin.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 12/14/2017 at 8:33 PM, Shoesasaurus said:

Hey, @Hazard! Do we still do the individual stats thing? I've come down with a case of MS ;-) and am rebooting my system and character.

The Str, Con, Dex, etc. attributes were discontinued.  Though you can absolutely use that old system, or create your own attribute system for yourself, if you find that doing so helps you progress in your goals.

As a new padawan, I'm looking for guidance.  I read that 1st timers should post their intro under 4 week challenge - Level 1/First Time Challenger, but  appears that most post it directly under the Forum - Guild area.  Going Rogue is sometimes the right path, but hoping to avoid being led toward the dark-side, so your input is appreciated. 

• Like 1

On 12/25/2017 at 2:47 PM, A Phoenix Rising said:

As a new padawan, I'm looking for guidance.  I read that 1st timers should post their intro under 4 week challenge - Level 1/First Time Challenger, but  appears that most post it directly under the Forum - Guild area.  Going Rogue is sometimes the right path, but hoping to avoid being led toward the dark-side, so your input is appreciated. 

Be sure to read the Beginner Guidebook first.  Then post your first Challenge here in the “Level 1 / First Time Challengers” subforum.

The Challenge instructions say to set 3 diet/fitness goals and 1 level-up-your-life goal (so total 4). But the beginner challenger summary instructions say to set 2-3 SMART goals to support one main quest. Which one is right?

• Like 1

On 12/30/2017 at 6:55 AM, Perqui said:

The Challenge instructions say to set 3 diet/fitness goals and 1 level-up-your-life goal (so total 4). But the beginner challenger summary instructions say to set 2-3 SMART goals to support one main quest. Which one is right?

Both are recommendations.  For people new to the NF Challenge system (and for experienced members who regularly fail to achieve their Challenge goals)  I recommend focusing on only a couple of goals per Challenge.  And that they be goals that directly help you progress your current Main Quest.  

Succeeding at our goals builds momentum.  Over time, a person who succeeds at 2 goals per Challenge may decide they’ve proven to themselves they can handle adding a 3rd goal per challenge.   And then, after having succeeded for a while at 3 goals per Challenge, may someday decide to try handling 4.  In this manner, one can apply the Training concept of Incremental Progression to their number of Challenge goals — increasing that number only after having succeeded at a smaller number of goals first.

• Thanks 1

Hi!

I think it said somewhere, however I can't remeber/cant find it again/was confused.

So for the challange, you have the quests. Then the quests you set on your profile, the one which you make a character, are they the same or different? 

• Like 1

On 12/31/2017 at 1:25 PM, kittencat1503 said:

Hi!

I think it said somewhere, however I can't remeber/cant find it again/was confused.

So for the challange, you have the quests. Then the quests you set on your profile, the one which you make a character, are they the same or different? 

The NF Character sheet is a separate resource.  They aren’t presently integrated with the forums.  

There are, however, forum members who’ve created and set up an NF Character sheet for longterm goal-tracking by adding their Challenge quests to their NF Character sheet, assigning specific amounts of Experience Points to those quests, and checking off the quests as they’re completed.

On the rebellion page there's a red circle with a number in it over the menu button. I think it's for notifications, but I don't see a notification page/ list. How do I get this red circle to go away, and is there an easy way to see the updates i haven't checked yet? I get emails about posts I'm involved with but don't want to rely on clicking the link/ checking my email. Ta!

1 hour ago, FieryJude said:

On the rebellion page there's a red circle with a number in it over the menu button. I think it's for notifications, but I don't see a notification page/ list. How do I get this red circle to go away, and is there an easy way to see the updates i haven't checked yet? I get emails about posts I'm involved with but don't want to rely on clicking the link/ checking my email. Ta!

What device and browser are you using to view the forums?

On 1/25/2018 at 4:21 PM, FieryJude said:

On 1/25/2018 at 5:32 PM, Hazard said:

What device and browser are you using to view the forums?

2 hours ago, FieryJude said:

Android, Google chrome 

Regarding notifications:  At the menu you should be seeing a bell-shaped icon.  Clicking/tapping on that icon should popup your notifications.  If you want to go a step further, at the bottom of the notification popup you should see an option to "View all notifications".  Clicking/tapping on that option should take you to your full notifications page.  In any event, once you've clicked/tapped on the bell icon and the popup has occurred, the red circle should go away.

Regarding an easy way to see the updates you haven't checked yet:  An easy way to see the updates for threads/topics that you're interested in is to use the forum's "Follow" function. 

On the right hand side of your screen, above the first post on each thread/topic, you should see a small rectangular box that reads "Follow" with a number next to it.  The number indicates how many people are "following" that particular thread/topic.  If you click/tap on that Follow box, you should get a popup containing several options from which you can choose concerning notification or emails.  In either case, once you've made your choice, you can click/tap the "Follow" button that should be showing at the bottom of the popup.  After having done so, your account will be 'following' that particular thread/topic, and you'll receive notifications on the forums (via the bell-shaped icon) or emails based upon the options that you've chosen. 

If your account is already Following a particular thread/topic, the box will read "Following".  You can click/tap on the box to bring up the options and choose "Unfollow" if you no longer want to receive notifications or email updates from that thread/topic.

You should be able to see a list of all of the threads/topics that you're Following by going into your Account on the menu, then go to "Manage Followed Content".  From which notification, email, and Follow settings can also be changed for the threads/topics that your account is currently Following.

10 minutes ago, FieryJude said:

It's not working. I tried zooming in but no luck.  The number keeps getting higher.

Send an email for forum technical support to contact@nerdfitness.com explaining what you’re experiencing.  Include screenshots with your email if you can.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Charlotte Ironphoenix said:

Hi Hazard,

I'm wanting to give this a try for the first time and I've read the beginner's guidebook, but I'm having a hard time figuring out what my goals should be. Should I go ahead and post a thread in this challenge asking for help there?

Hi Charlotte!

It sounds like your first Quest is to discover what other quests you’d like to do!  Definitely go ahead and post your Challenge thread.  In it, describe your Quest to find Quests.  Tell people about yourself, your hobbies, your interests, and ask your readers for ideas/advice and quest inspiration.

• Like 1

Hi @Hazard! I just came back to the forums today and posted my 4-week challenge, but I noticed it's saying Feb. 12 - March 11. Is there a new challenge forum where I should re-post?

Many thanks.

Infinicca

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Infinicca said:

Hi @Hazard! I just came back to the forums today and posted my 4-week challenge, but I noticed it's saying Feb. 12 - March 11. Is there a new challenge forum where I should re-post?

Many thanks.

Infinicca

Hi Infinicca!

The next 4-week Challenge officially begins on March 19.  The new challenge subforum for it should be made available sometime by then.  Until the next challenge’s subforums are available, you can use this current subforum to go ahead and get started.  

You don’t necessarily have to re-post your thread again in the new challenge’s subforum — I can move your thread over to it.  After the new subforum becomes available, If I haven’t moved your thread within 48 hours tag me inside your thread (with @Hazard, just like you did here) and remind me.

Hi  Hazard 

So I just posted my very first 4-week Challenge on what is it called... I thread?? Now when i go to add updates etc. Do I then "reply" to my own thread? Is that how it works?  I have not used these forms before....could be fun...

• Like 1