NeverThatBored's New Groove

NeverThatBored

Just now, NeverThatBored said:

Umm, YES. That's the one! Let's do it.

BTW, you're welcome to stay in the guest room here when you come down for Terrain Race.

I totally might do that! It's only two hours away, so it wouldn't be too bad getting up at like 7, but I'm not a morning person at all and my husband will be playing paintball anyway. 

Depending on how late in the year they do the OCR training, I might not be able to get down until they re-open in the Spring / Summer (I've already got things planned like every other weekend through October). But we are going down to DC sometime in October to spend a day or two (and my MIL has this phone app that is like a seeking game through the city we are going to play?) if you'd like to join!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, NeverThatBored said:

This place is HUGE compared to the other two places I've been, but the routes also seemed way harder and more intimidating to me. There were a lot more walls where you had to invert instead of just straight ones. I had a good time the other two times I've gone elsewhere. So IDK. I don't need to do it regularly, but I get annoyed when I can't do things, so I want to at least get to the point where I'm not so nervous about it? But at the same time, it's not something I feel the need to do very regularly. 

I understand that feeling. I get annoyed with myself easily if I struggle at something. Inverted problems are hard! I've been climbing for a while now and while I can do some V2/3 problems on the straight walls, I struggle massively with many V1 problems on the inverted walls or the low ceiling.

The class I just did was an intro to bouldering for new people, and then they have a class for people who are at the V3/4 level to improve their skills, but I'm not sure if they have anything else. I think they have some climbing fitness classes for people who are a bit better. Honestly, I might prefer practicing on my own for a bit anyway!

That's a bit lame, you'd think they would want to cater to newer climbers to keep them coming back!

Go to the cool OCR place

I'm hella jealous of this.

• Like 3

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

12 minutes ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

I understand that feeling. I get annoyed with myself easily if I struggle at something. Inverted problems are hard! I've been climbing for a while now and while I can do some V2/3 problems on the straight walls, I struggle massively with many V1 problems on the inverted walls or the low ceiling.

That's good to know! So many climbers make it look easy.

• Like 2

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

On 9/10/2017 at 8:00 PM, NeverThatBored said:

tenor.gif

tumblr_mphn55TJFI1r5siljo7_500.gif

• Like 3

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Enters Spartan Training

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals MoreWolfDreamer Embraces His Wild PoetThe Mad Poet Becomes SupernaturalWolfDreamer, The Mad Poet, Becomes SuperhumanWolfDreamer ElevatesWolfDreamer Becomes IronBornWolfDreamer Wakes the White WolfThe Mad Poet Recovers by Keeping it SimpleWolfDreamer Clears His Mind to Find His Wild HeartWolfDreamer ResetsWolfDreamer Strives to Become an Eminently Qualified Peaceful WarriorWolfDreamer Springs ForwardWolfDreamer Returns (For Real This Time)WolfDreamer is RespaWinningWolfDreamer RebootsWolfDreamer Thinks About the Roman Empire

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b

Awesome challenge theme! Definitely following :)

curious us to see what healthy lunchtime strategies work for you 

• Like 3

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

"I Find That Answer Vague And Unconvincing." - K-2SO, Rogue One

”Persistence without insight will lead to the same outcome.” [spoilers], The Book of Boba Fett

Where are you living now? 

Heroine of Time

Height: 5'8  Weight: 272 lbs

Current Challenge: Legend of RhiaWolfe: Tears of the Food Cravings

Previous Challenges: 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627

"Reach for the stars! If you only make it to the moon, you've still done good!" - My Dad

"Hyaaaat! Jeeyat-Hiyaaaah Hiet! Hyaaaaaaa Hiyyyyet! Hiyaaaaat Hiyaaaa!" - Link

3 minutes ago, RhiaWolfe said:

Where are you living now? 

I'm playing nomad a little bit. I'll be in VA (greater DC area) with my boyfriend for 2 months, and then I'll be spending 2 months in CA with my parents. 

• Like 2

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

On 9/11/2017 at 5:12 PM, NeverThatBored said:

I want this in my face.  This looks amazing.  I love your to do list, and I'll be rooting for you!

• Like 1

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Human Bard: CON 2, WIS 5, INT 1, CHA 2

Current Challenge: Nova Levels Up (and maybe doesn't abandon a challenge...)

9 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

But separately, I'm usually pretty distressed after I move. I had finally started to make friends in NY whereas I don't know ANYONE here, which sucks. Time with friends is fundamental to my happiness. But it takes time to start to make ties with people in a new place, especially when you work from home. Separately, there's nothing comfortable or familiar I can do here yet because everything is new.

That is hard, especially if you'll only the the area a couple of months. The only advice I have is to not be too hard on yourself. Don't tell yourself that you "should" have friends in the area. It takes time. And it takes energy to explore new places.

8 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

To do list for getting to know the area:

• Explore a farmer's market (I think there are a couple in the area)
  • Explore a park, trail, or hiking area (I've got a list of at least 8 already to choose from)
  • Go to an event or yoga class
  • Go to the cool OCR place
  • Find a friggin' pool before I lose all of my swim lesson progress
  • Drive somewhere new
  • Take the metro somewhere new

I'm not actually sure how to score this or how many I should aim for. I'm thinking 2 might be more than enough, but at the same time that feels so slow!

This sounds great! Why don't you get yourself a little reward for doing two of the things (maybe buy an extra treat at the farmer's market) and then do more if you want.

7 hours ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

I understand that feeling. I get annoyed with myself easily if I struggle at something. Inverted problems are hard! I've been climbing for a while nw and while I can do some V2/3 problems on the straight walls, I struggle massively with many V1 problems on the inverted walls or the low ceiling.

That's a bit lame, you'd think they would want to cater to newer climbers to keep them coming back!

Listen to Charlie! They are not being as cool as they could be. It's not you, it's them! Try it again if you like, or maybe try it a different place when you get to California.

• Like 3

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

11 minutes ago, Stribs said:

I want this in my face.  This looks amazing.

It IS amazing. I highly encourage putting it in your face.

11 minutes ago, Xena said:

This sounds great! Why don't you get yourself a little reward for doing two of the things (maybe buy an extra treat at the farmer's market) and then do more if you want.

I'm not very good at rewards. Little things like treats at the farmer's market don't work because I just buy them anyway. And really big rewards don't make financial sense. I don't know how to reward properly!

20 minutes ago, Xena said:

Listen to Charlie! They are not being as cool as they could be. It's not you, it's them! Try it again if you like, or maybe try it a different place when you get to California.

The first place I bouldered was in California, actually. And I have a friend there I can go with, which I think is more fun anyway.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

I'm not very good at rewards. Little things like treats at the farmer's market don't work because I just buy them anyway. And really big rewards don't make financial sense. I don't know how to reward properly!

Same here. Last year I made getting a water bottle a reward for completing a hydration goal. But I could never decide on a bottle. And then all the nice ones cost so much money. And then I just forgot. And then I fell off the hydration wagon, so did I really still deserve the reward?

• Like 2

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

Week 0 Tuesday Update

Today was still hard, but I managed it a little bit better. I can't solve any larger scale issues today, but I decided that I could do some work to try to make my environment more comfortable. So I did some cleaning and unpacking and cooking. There isn't really much to unpack on my end, just some misc. things scattered around or things that there's not a place for yet, but it's a start. I did this instead of working out, but it felt worthwhile. 

I did go on a walk today, making sure to get outside at least a little bit. I sat by the water briefly and played Pokemon Go while I walked around. I also made that spreadsheet for habit tracking. I want to pretty it up more, but I just did the bare minimum to make it functional for now. 

I think I may be mildly sick. Or there's just dust in the air. IDK. My nose is sort of runny. My boyfriend has had a cough for weeks and doesn't cover his mouth well, so I blame him. 

I did a sort of bare bones lunch routine today. I sat out on the balcony briefly, did the new "everyday headspace" session they just added, and touched my toes to check of the "stretching" box. It's a start. I cooked two yummy things today - fried plantains and a garlicky tomato-y roasted vegetable mix. Omnomnom. I'm struggling a bit getting on track with food because if there are unhealthy carby things near me, I'll eat them. But living with another person means I don't have full control over what's around me. 

Lunch today was chinese chicken lettuce wraps with fried plantains and that was great:

1cb19wb.jpg

I haven't done the GST session for today but I'll do that before bed. 

• Like 7

Oh also, my swim instructor said not to worry about the bill and that he took care of it. I have trust issues and don't really believe him, but I feel better for now.

• Like 7

That lunch looks awesome! I'm glad things that invoice was just a mix up at their end. Yay for feeling a bit better!

• Like 2

Feminist Ranger (she/her)

Based in Melbourne, Australia

Current Challenge: Emerald Eagle refills her cup (January 2021)
Instagram: @emeraldeaglenf

“I wish you would thrash him. He deserves it." She looked back at him. "I will one day, sir. I'm getting tired of falling down.” - Alanna: The First Adventure

15 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

This is me. 

12 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

Week 0 Tuesday Update

Today was still hard, but I managed it a little bit better. I can't solve any larger scale issues today, but I decided that I could do some work to try to make my environment more comfortable. So I did some cleaning and unpacking and cooking. There isn't really much to unpack on my end, just some misc. things scattered around or things that there's not a place for yet, but it's a start. I did this instead of working out, but it felt worthwhile. 

I did go on a walk today, making sure to get outside at least a little bit. I sat by the water briefly and played Pokemon Go while I walked around. I also made that spreadsheet for habit tracking. I want to pretty it up more, but I just did the bare minimum to make it functional for now. 

I did a sort of bare bones lunch routine today. I sat out on the balcony briefly, did the new "everyday headspace" session they just added, and touched my toes to check of the "stretching" box. It's a start.

You did SOMETHING. Thats good! That's excellent in fact! Doing something is progress. It's better than doing nothing and you are working towards something better. Always remember that. It doesn't matter that it's not perfect, it matters that you're trying and working towards something! 

12 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

Lunch today was chinese chicken lettuce wraps with fried plantains and that was great:

1cb19wb.jpg

I haven't done the GST session for today but I'll do that before bed. 

Oh that looks soooooo good! ^_^ Want! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Heroine of Time

Height: 5'8  Weight: 272 lbs

Current Challenge: Legend of RhiaWolfe: Tears of the Food Cravings

Previous Challenges: 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627

"Reach for the stars! If you only make it to the moon, you've still done good!" - My Dad

"Hyaaaat! Jeeyat-Hiyaaaah Hiet! Hyaaaaaaa Hiyyyyet! Hiyaaaaat Hiyaaaa!" - Link

19 hours ago, Stribs said:

I want this in my face.  This looks amazing.  I love your to do list, and I'll be rooting for you!

Ditto............

i have a pretty big garden garden and I live off it for most of my veggies.  I love it, so if you ever have any questions let me know.

and @deftona, I have about 8 of these bad boys growing!

• Like 2

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

So remember that appointment with the wrist doctor that I scheduled for tomorrow??? I've been playing phone tag with my old doctor's office because my MRI records didn't arrive and I need them for the appointment. Yesterday I found out they for some reason had them set for pick up instead of sending to me...even though they correctly sent me my other records? IDK. So I asked if they could overnight them to me. They weren't sure and said they'd call me back. I never heard back yesterday, and I couldn't get through to them this morning, so I rescheduled my appointment for next Thursday instead. 

...guess who just got her MRI records in the mail this afternoon? 

GIF-proof-yzma-hates-fun-11.gif

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

I don't know how to reward properly!

Me neither! If I pick a reward that I really want, I'll probably get it regardless of how I perform. If I don't want it enough, it doesn't motivate me to perform. 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

So remember that appointment with the wrist doctor that I scheduled for tomorrow??? I've been playing phone tag with my old doctor's office because my MRI records didn't arrive and I need them for the appointment. Yesterday I found out they for some reason had them set for pick up instead of sending to me...even though they correctly sent me my other records? IDK. So I asked if they could overnight them to me. They weren't sure and said they'd call me back. I never heard back yesterday, and I couldn't get through to them this morning, so I rescheduled my appointment for next Thursday instead. 

...guess who just got her MRI records in the mail this afternoon? 

Why does it always seem that paper from the Drs office always gets screwed up somehow?  Glad you got it eventually though.

3 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

GIF-proof-yzma-hates-fun-11.gif

This is what I'm going to look like tomorrow if one more kid asks me a question that I explained 10 seconds beforehand.

Your food looks awesome!!!  I want to eat it all!!

• Like 4

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Human Bard: CON 2, WIS 5, INT 1, CHA 2

Current Challenge: Nova Levels Up (and maybe doesn't abandon a challenge...)

Week 0 Wedneday Update

I'm sickkk. I'm not super sick so there's hope I can still fight it off...but I've got a gross tingle in my chest that does not bode well for me. Boo. I'm planning to drive to NJ this weekend to see my friend for a birthday get together, so I really hope this doesn't interfere. 

I walked to the grocery store around lunch time to pick up some things to bake a cake, and also bought myself some irises. They're my favorite flowers so I was excited to see some at the store~ Later when I was baking the cake I realized I didn't have any baking powder, so I had to go BACK to the store for more. It's a pretty short walk though, only about 1.5 miles for both trips. 

I had a delicious healthy brunch today - leftover roasted veggies/potatoes with eggs and bacon, and it was SO satiating? I've been having trouble feeling satiated lately so that was nice! I was full until evening. I skipped my planned dinner and had some chicken noodle soup instead. Then I ate cake, and it...wasn't good? I tried a recipe for this orange almond cake from The New York Times that sounded good and had rave reviews, but it wasn't very good. :( I didn't feel great after eating it either. I've got MAJOR heartburn now. Either because I'm sick or maybe it just isn't the cake for me. Sad. 

Food pics:

Spoiler

mSjGjB1.jpg

4vHrDya.jpg

I should really be working out or at least doing some yoga, but I just don't wanna. 

I did my morning routine and kind of the lunchtime routine - I did some toe touch stretches and that walk to the store. Didn't meditate or anything, but it's something. Baby steps.

• Like 7

Update: the spreadsheet is already helping! I added self care as an item after some of your suggestions yesterday, and I realized I hadn't done anything today. So I ended up doing some much needed yoga! Which is worth double points because yoga is also an item on my spreadsheet. :D

This is a really nice slow stretching yoga video:

• Like 8