NeverThatBored's New Groove

NeverThatBored

10 minutes ago, Xena said:

I think you must further explore the cake problem. More experiments!!!

All the cakes!

• Like 5

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

7 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

Update: the spreadsheet is already helping! I added self care as an item after some of your suggestions yesterday, and I realized I hadn't done anything today. So I ended up doing some much needed yoga! Which is worth double points because yoga is also an item on my spreadsheet. :D

This is a really nice slow stretching yoga video:

I did that one yesterday too!! Definitely a good mix of relaxing with some more challenging stretches- though I love how she always gives tips on how to modify it it's too much 

• Like 3

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

"I Find That Answer Vague And Unconvincing." - K-2SO, Rogue One

”Persistence without insight will lead to the same outcome.” [spoilers], The Book of Boba Fett

:o ok, I'm trying to do the date conversions in my head but I think we might share a birthday???? I really hope this is the case because having birthday buddies is the best! (Is it the 14th where you are?)

Either way wishing you the happiest of birthdays.

• Like 3

Feminist Ranger (she/her)

Based in Melbourne, Australia

Current Challenge: Emerald Eagle refills her cup (January 2021)
Instagram: @emeraldeaglenf

“I wish you would thrash him. He deserves it." She looked back at him. "I will one day, sir. I'm getting tired of falling down.” - Alanna: The First Adventure

9 hours ago, EmeraldEagle said:

:o ok, I'm trying to do the date conversions in my head but I think we might share a birthday???? I really hope this is the case because having birthday buddies is the best! (Is it the 14th where you are?)

Either way wishing you the happiest of birthdays.

Yes, the 14th! We are totally birthday twins. :D

• Like 5

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

57 minutes ago, zenLara said:

Happy birthday? What are your plans?

Being sick and taking lots of naps. T___T

• Sad 5

Week 0 Thursday Update

I was, rudely, sick on my birthday so I pretty much just stayed home all day and took a lot of naps. I have lots of leftovers in the fridge, but none of them sounded edible to my sick self so I ended up walking to the store for some sick food. It's less than a mile round trip but I felt WIPED from just that walk. Booo. I was going to make or order myself something nice for dinner, but no appetite. Booo. I was totally going to try a run anyway, but after that walk destroyed me I decided to listen to reason. Booo. 

I will totally be celebrating my birthday all month, so it's not a huge deal, but I find myself grumpy to have spent my birthday by myself being sick. Sometimes I don't care at all, but I was grumpy about it this particular year. On the bright side, I talked to both my mother and my sister, which is always nice. My boyfriend got me a snazzy pair of bluetooth headphones to use for workouts, which I'm excited about! I also got a cool board game from my sister and a neat lamp from my mom. 

I'm supposed to go see my friend this weekend, which is about a 4 hour drive. I'm kind of torn about the whole thing. I really want to see her, but also don't want to get her sick and am not sure how up to a long drive I'll feel when it's time to go? Also she has said several times that I could totally rest another day and come Saturday, there's no rush to come down, etc (even before I mentioned being sick) and I've started to feel paranoid that she'd actually prefer me to stay home so she can have a quiet weekend. Or at least to drive down Saturday instead. So now on top of judging my own energy levels for the trip, I'm worried that I'm imposing and forcing her to have weekend plans when she doesn't want them. And on top of that I have this weird feeling of doom that rescheduling will somehow be damaging to our friendship? Which is silly. 

I do feel a bit better this morning, though definitely still sick.  

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

I've started to feel paranoid that she'd actually prefer me to stay home so she can have a quiet weekend. Or at least to drive down Saturday instead. So now on top of judging my own energy levels for the trip, I'm worried that I'm imposing and forcing her to have weekend plans when she doesn't want them. And on top of that I have this weird feeling of doom that rescheduling will somehow be damaging to our friendship? Which is silly. 

I think you're overthinking this. Try to take her at face value, because even if she would prefer to spend the weekend on her own (although I doubt she does) it's kind of her own fault for not saying so. 

Sorry you were sick on your birthday, I fully support you celebrating your birthing for the whole month. Why not two? 

• Like 6

If it's not siesta or fiesta, I'm not interested. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

14 minutes ago, deftona said:

I think you're overthinking this. Try to take her at face value, because even if she would prefer to spend the weekend on her own (although I doubt she does) it's kind of her own fault for not saying so. 

Sorry you were sick on your birthday, I fully support you celebrating your birthing for the whole month. Why not two? 

IMO, this will depend a lot on how you are feeling today. If you aren't feeling up to the drive, you are probably too sick to be of much company anyway. If I were your friend and you were sick, I would definitely tell you to come up tomorrow instead because I know how crappy driving that far while sick can be. 

Also, we can celebrate your birthday next weekend!

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

IMO, this will depend a lot on how you are feeling today. If you aren't feeling up to the drive, you are probably too sick to be of much company anyway. If I were your friend and you were sick, I would definitely tell you to come up tomorrow instead because I know how crappy driving that far while sick can be. 

Obviously if you're sick do what you feel is best for you, but if you are trying to figure out if there is any subtext to what your friend is telling you, I think you should try not to overthink it. 

• Like 4

If it's not siesta or fiesta, I'm not interested. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

48 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

I will totally be celebrating my birthday all month,

I like this. I may copy you next year... if I remember by then :D 

Agree with Def, you're probably overthinking about your friend. Also probably because you're sick and brains tend to be more difficult when they're cranky.

• Like 4
59 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

53 minutes ago, deftona said:

Obviously if you're sick do what you feel is best for you, but if you are trying to figure out if there is any subtext to what your friend is telling you, I think you should try not to overthink it. 

53 minutes ago, zenLara said:

Agree with Def, you're probably overthinking about your friend. Also probably because you're sick and brains tend to be more difficult when they're cranky.

1 hour ago, deftona said:

I mean, I always overthink everything so I know I'm doing it, but I also have no idea how to turn it off! 

1 hour ago, Sylvaa said:

1 hour ago, zenLara said:

I like this. I may copy you next year... if I remember by then :D 

1 hour ago, zenLara said:

#allthecake

• Like 4

I successfully made the drive and was greeted by several animals who demanded petting. Already worth it. 

• Like 9

10 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

I mean, I always overthink everything so I know I'm doing it, but I also have no idea how to turn it off! 

It could be that you're afraid of feeling negative feelings, so your brain is coming up with every possible strategy to keep you or someone else from getting hurt ("it seems like she doesn't really want me there. It'll be awkward. I'll feel unwanted and terrible, and she'll have a hard time to tell me that she'd rather not have me there. Better not to go."). But then again, you have that part in you that knows that your friend is happy to see you, and so, there's inner conflict. That's what makes me overthink, anyway :I :'D And the bigger the possibility of getting hurt, the more I overthink. Try and recognize the bad feelings that might ensue. There's nothing wrong in them, and they're not dangerous. Your friend is responsible for her own feelings, and all you can do is to communicate with her in a respectful manner. Maybe tell her that you'd be happy to come, but the sickness is making you feel uncertain?

12 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

I'm supposed to go see my friend this weekend, which is about a 4 hour drive. I'm kind of torn about the whole thing. I really want to see her, but also don't want to get her sick and am not sure how up to a long drive I'll feel when it's time to go? Also she has said several times that I could totally rest another day and come Saturday, there's no rush to come down, etc (even before I mentioned being sick) and I've started to feel paranoid that she'd actually prefer me to stay home so she can have a quiet weekend. Or at least to drive down Saturday instead. So now on top of judging my own energy levels for the trip, I'm worried that I'm imposing and forcing her to have weekend plans when she doesn't want them. And on top of that I have this weird feeling of doom that rescheduling will somehow be damaging to our friendship? Which is silly. 

I don't know your friend or how close you are, but maybe she just wants you to be well-rested when you get there so that you can have maximum fun? :D

• Like 2

-:*~ Journal ~*:-

17 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

Yes, the 14th! We are totally birthday twins. :D

giphy.gif

Twins :D hope you're starting to feel better. 

• Like 3

Feminist Ranger (she/her)

Based in Melbourne, Australia

Current Challenge: Emerald Eagle refills her cup (January 2021)
Instagram: @emeraldeaglenf

“I wish you would thrash him. He deserves it." She looked back at him. "I will one day, sir. I'm getting tired of falling down.” - Alanna: The First Adventure

9 hours ago, Ensi said:

It could be that you're afraid of feeling negative feelings, so your brain is coming up with every possible strategy to keep you or someone else from getting hurt ("it seems like she doesn't really want me there. It'll be awkward. I'll feel unwanted and terrible, and she'll have a hard time to tell me that she'd rather not have me there. Better not to go."). But then again, you have that part in you that knows that your friend is happy to see you, and so, there's inner conflict. That's what makes me overthink, anyway :I :'D And the bigger the possibility of getting hurt, the more I overthink. Try and recognize the bad feelings that might ensue. There's nothing wrong in them, and they're not dangerous. Your friend is responsible for her own feelings, and all you can do is to communicate with her in a respectful manner. Maybe tell her that you'd be happy to come, but the sickness is making you feel uncertain?

Ensi the Insightful <3

That's basically what I did. I probed a little that I was worried about making her more tired and she assured me that my presence isn't tiring the way that other visitors might be. 

• Like 5

YVsghtz.jpg

A scene I woke to. One kitten staring and the other with a claw in the curtain. I love cats. 

• Like 8