NeverThatBored's New Groove

NeverThatBored

Sounds like you have awesome momentuum going into your next challenge :) I'm glad the surgery worked out for you. 

• Like 1

Feminist Ranger (she/her)

Based in Melbourne, Australia

Current Challenge: Emerald Eagle refills her cup (January 2021)
Instagram: @emeraldeaglenf

“I wish you would thrash him. He deserves it." She looked back at him. "I will one day, sir. I'm getting tired of falling down.” - Alanna: The First Adventure

On 10/13/2017 at 7:45 PM, NeverThatBored said:

Thanks! I'm actually hoping to use this forced rest as an opportunity to do lots of walking and stretching. But then I start brainstorming gentle workouts I can do and I start to get into #allthethings mode again, so we'll see. :P 

This I understand. Do all the things is kinda where I am stuck more days than not. Hopefully you are feeling better.

It sounds like the last few days of your challenge went well. Hopefully your hand continues to heal quickly.

• Like 1

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

Challenge Summary

Week 1: 

• 9/16 miles walked
  • 1/3 runs (I think my legs were hurting?)
  • 3/3 yoga sessions
  • 1/3 workouts?? Very lame, past me.
  • 4/6 days of GST program
  • Only 1 successful lunch routine 

Week 2:

• 15/16 miles walked
  • 3/3 runs
  • Again, only 1/3 workouts?? I have no idea what was going on with me this challenge.
  • 3/3 yoga sessions
  • 3/6 GST sessions
  • 3 successful lunch routines

Week 3:

• Failure to even track fully. I did at least 2 successful lunch routines. At least 1 yoga session. At least 1 run. That's all I know. :( 
  • I also finished the GST program.

Week 4:

• Surgery, so all bets were off
  • Walked about 9 miles. Totally acceptable. 
  • Could not really run or work out or do much yoga. Did 1 yin yoga session and 1 45 minute stretch video. 
  • Was out of work most of the week so lunch routine was irrelevant. Did the routine on Friday, the only day of the week that I worked

Overall

I'm really underwhelmed by my performance this challenge. Week 4 was fine, but I don't know why I was slacking so much in Weeks 1-3?? I have absolutely no recollection of a good reason I would have only done one workout each week. The lunch routine didn't work as well as I hoped either. Not for a lack of thinking about it, but just because it didn't feel as valuable as I imagined it would be when I planned the challenge. I'll keep tinkering with it and try to find something that works better.

New Challenge:

• Like 5

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell.