Asuka grows her Bulbasaur to Level 7 to learn new attacks!

Asuka

So, I fell again.

I had really good intents last challenge, but once again my spawn died in the first half of the challenge. This has happened consistently for the past few challenges (and all the ones I did not do). 

So how do I make sure that I don't fail this time? Well, I need a stronger starter. 

I was like a low level Grass Pokemon trying to win at the Pokemon League against a Leader whose specialty is fire. (Hint: NOT. HAPPENING.)

Image result for bulbasaur

Bulbasaur!!! So cute! Winning? Will be challenging.

But even Grass Pokemon have strengths. They have deadly attacks, and the ability to restore their HP even if they are hit. (Take that Fire Pokemons!!)

So, since I cannot change my Pokemon type, I will make sure I take a loooooooong time going around in the first town before advancing to the next, more challenging one. I will even try to evolve my Bulbasaur into an Ivysaur before I move too much forward. Ivysaur has much better stats and ability to defend itself against attacks. But this is a long term view.

For this quest to be successful, I also know that I have to set myself small, attainable goals. I am a very imperfect Pokemon, so I will miss my attacks, not be able to withstand enemy attacks and faint, and need my trainer to care for me a lot (Pokebeans!). Chi va piano va sano

Bulbasaur starts up with 2 attacks: Tackle and Growl. Not strong, and not even leveraging the Grass-type moves which are stronger. So I will go and try to learn Vine Whip - This is done by Leveling up to level 7. I am currently starting, so I am level 5. I need 2 levels to learn this new attack! 

59b5f223ec853_Vinewhip.JPG.64181947c38bc7970692c89427196f35.JPG

Vine Whip!

How do I gain points to level up? There are 4 ways!

1- Spend time in the tall grass - Fight off other Pokemons and get stronger!

2- Go to the Pokemon center regularly - Always be full of energy!

3- Eat good Pokebeans - Make sure my body is fed the right nutrients!

4- Visit all the houses on the way - Pick up skills and hidden objects!

This will enable my Bulbasaur to grow in a balanced way, without too much pressure or fear of not reaching my objective. 

Boring point details

Spoiler

1- Spend time in the tall grass

This will be our main strength gaining goal. Strength points are won by exercising: 

- 1 point for cardio or dance or yoga for at least 30 minutes

- 2 points for strength training for at least 15 minutes

I think a reasonable amount is : 4 cardio + 2 dance classes + 1 strength training (total 8 points)

This will be our base amount and all extra will lead to additional points (uncapped!!). 

2- Go to the Pokemon center regularly

This one is more difficult for me - as I prioritize lots of things before sleeping. But I need more rest to be able to face the world.

- 2 point for sleeping 7 hours

- 4 points for sleeping 8 hours

- 6 points for sleeping 9 hours

- Minus 2 point for sleeping less than 6 hours.

I will be aiming for 8 points which is ridiculously low, but I would rather meet easy goals than fail hard ones. If it is too easy, I will readjust this goal level.

3- Eat good Pokebeans 

The nutrition goal. This is the hard one. 

- 1 point for every balanced meal (fruits / vegetables + protein), where I did not overeat

- 1 point for healthy snacks (up to 2 per day)

- 1 point per day on which I tracked my food

- 2 points per day on which I measured less than 30 WW points

A reasonable number of points: 2 balanced meals + 1 snack + tracking per day half the days (16 points) + 2 days below 30 points (4) for a total of 20 points

4- Visit all the houses on the way

This is the goal where I continue studying for my Korean exam, either via hard core studying, or via watching Korean dramas

- 1 point for doing vocab (at least 15 min)

- 2 points for doing exercises (at least 20 min)

- 1/2 point for watching dramas (no matter how many episodes!)

I have a feeling I will watch more dramas than I will study vocab, but as it conflicts with the sleeping goal, I feel okay with that. Target number of points: 6

This lead to a total expected of 42 points per week, or 210 points over 5 weeks (since I am starting early).

Let's say I need 100 points to pass one level, I thus need 200 points to pass 2 levels and learn Vine Whip

Today is the first morning, and I already earned 2 points by having a balanced breakfast and doing 30 minutes of exercise bike! I sincerely hope I can continue and become a stronger, healthier Bulbasaur! 

Let's be happy Bulbasaur!

Image result for bulbasaur

• Like 3

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising up every time we fall." Confucius

Following!! Really like the goals. 

Btw Bulbasaur (and grass pokemon in general) are my favorites to play with. They are cute and become badass. And isnt Venusaur the king of grass pokemon? I don't believe thats the case with the other 2.

• Like 1

Bulbasaur is on a great path! 

First day went amazingly, with a mix of reason and of happy moments!

Overall, I managed to get 13.5 experience points yesterday and I need ~6 per day to make it to my 200 points goal!

I think a large part of it is that I am alone (my sister went back home), which means I am in complete control of my time, my house, my food. This helps tremendously and I don't feel guilty when I am taking time for myself and not spending time with other people. Unfortunately it cannot always be like that. (I wish.)

16 hours ago, Grandkai_NL said:

Btw Bulbasaur (and grass pokemon in general) are my favorites to play with. They are cute and become badass. And isnt Venusaur the king of grass pokemon? I don't believe thats the case with the other 2.

Hahaha Grandkai welcome! I have a slight preference for Fire Pokemon, but the grass Pokemon's ability to restore their HP and to absorb their opponent's HP is difficult to fight! 

Let's hope I can one day become a Venusaur! 

Actually it would be a great progress comparison - if 1 level corresponds to 1 kg lost, then since I need to lose 27kg to be at my target goal and Ivysaur evolves into Venusaur at level 32 (and my Bulbasaur is now at level 5) it is the exact same number!!! Ah, when Pokemons replicate real life so well...

(Which also corresponds to about 0.5kg lost per week - which is feasible at the beginning stages!)

59b733a15016e_happybulbi.JPG.6ebea9d546d0bc8ded24ad6e5affdc12.JPG

Go Bulbasaur!!!

• Like 1

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising up every time we fall." Confucius

Day 2 was a success too! 

I was able to keep the calorie count down, and for the first time in a long time, not to eat after dance class. Yes I was hungry, but I could live with it and  I knew I had enough nutrients to live well.

I also made sure to eat balanced meals but also to eat purely happy things (such as maple cookies!), but in small, controlled quantities. For instance, I try to eat only 3 or 4 Reese's pieces or skittles at a time, making sure to savor each one by one. 

I have gained in mindfulness when it comes to eating too - I know exactly how many points there are before I eat them, so I take the time to savor them (especially if there are many!), so I have enjoyed my food more. I also try to get back to good habits and NOT finish my meal if I am not hungry (after asking for forgiveness for throwing food away). 

Tonight will be one of many fights: My first gym leader, in the form of a team dinner. But we had to pre-order, so I chose after checking the calorie count and selected lamb, which is okay calorie-wise. And of course, grilled vegetables as the side (even if I really really really want the truffle fries!!). 

Also, bonus point, I started to lose weight! I know it is the beginning and likely water weight, but it is still motivating to see these numbers go down... I need to think about a good reward system linked to kilos lost - with big rewards for evolution (at 11 and 27 kg). I cannot wait to see myself fit into my clothes again!!! 

19 hours ago, Manarelle said:

Following along. I am a fan of making challenges sustainable, and love the pokemon theme, although I'm not super savvy on the topic. Keep up the good work, you've got this!

Welcome Manarelle!! I will do my best to be sustainable and entertaining! Nothing to know about Pokemons, except that they are super cute and the game is super addictive!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Asuka said:

Welcome Manarelle!! I will do my best to be sustainable and entertaining! Nothing to know about Pokemons, except that they are super cute and the game is super addictive!!!

I've been curious about the Pokemon Go, but it seems to just encourage out and about walking, not necessarily in-place walking (treadmill) or sustained running. I'm trying to avoid sit-down games because I know I'll waste hours on them and end the day feeling terrible. 

4 hours ago, Asuka said:

Tonight will be one of many fights: My first gym leader, in the form of a team dinner. But we had to pre-order, so I chose after checking the calorie count and selected lamb, which is okay calorie-wise. And of course, grilled vegetables as the side (even if I really really really want the truffle fries!!). 

Also, bonus point, I started to lose weight! I know it is the beginning and likely water weight, but it is still motivating to see these numbers go down... I need to think about a good reward system linked to kilos lost - with big rewards for evolution (at 11 and 27 kg). I cannot wait to see myself fit into my clothes again!!! 

Good luck with the gym leader fight, you've got this! Nice that they let you choose the food ahead of time so you can make rational, non-hungry choices. Let us know how it goes. And congrats on starting the weight loss! 

well-begun-1-638.jpg

• Like 1

Manarelle the Level 56 Amazon Assassin

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

18 hours ago, Manarelle said:

I've been curious about the Pokemon Go, but it seems to just encourage out and about walking, not necessarily in-place walking (treadmill) or sustained running. I'm trying to avoid sit-down games because I know I'll waste hours on them and end the day feeling terrible. 

I am the same - so I try to limit my video game playing time to certain periods. Otherwise by end of day I end up feeling so guilty...

• Like 1

Soooooooo I lost the fight to the gym leader, not because of the gym leader himself, but because of his acolyte hidden behind - alcohol.

I was on the right path food-wise, I ate my vegetables while dreaming of the fries. Had some fries but very few, ate my lamb making sure to take the fat out and ate my salad with gusto.

I succumbed to bread, but managed to eat only half a piece, then the waiter helped by removing the other half (I almost yelled at him! But then realized it was good!). But I forgot how much calories were packed in a glass of wine, and then in the second round in sake. But what a fun night! I actually do not regret it, despite the after effects still present this morning, which lead me to bring my cereal box to work...

What I learnt from that evening:

- 1/2 bottle of wine and 1 bottle of sake make you drunk

- Lamb is delicious with mint jelly

- If alcohol does not accompany a really great evening, then it is not necessary

- This is why WW has a weekly reserve (I used about half of it)

- When food is on the table it is difficult not to eat it

In the future, since I will continue to have to participate in team dinners, I will try to use the following tactics:

- Limit alcohol consumption to 1 drink

- Forecast the point count (including alcohol!) so that I can compensate with lunch / breakfast 

- Try to eat more slowly, so that I eat a bit less over the same time

I have another team dinner next Monday and the Monday after (Korean traditions... your time is not yours even after work!), so I will have opportunities to try out these tactics!

• Like 1

Darn that acolyte. But hey, now you know it's there, and can plan for it. Sounds like you'll get lots of attempts on that boss, too... You can do it! Bread is a downfall for me, too. The feel of it when chewing is just so unlike any other "healthy" food. Alas. 

How'd the rest of the week go?

• Like 1

First week overview: Good pass (A-)

1- Spend time in the tall grass - Fight off other Pokemons and get stronger!

I managed to exercise everyday, and put in a good strenght training session on Sunday (I am a Mon to Sun person), so I am widely happy on that front! I also managed to reach my activity level goal (80 min moving) every day this week, so hurrah! A+ on that goal.

I managed to sleep at least 6.5hours every day, with most days at 7+ hours. And you know what happened? I started waking up naturally after 7 hours of sleep (on Saturday morning!), which means that my body was well rested. I like the feeling. It was difficult, but it is a goal worth pursuing! A on that goal.

I logged my food, I ate balanced meals, but I got tricked by that alcohol and I still have difficulties with portion control. I can feel myself getting full earlier and I try to train myself to diiminish my portions by cutting them in half and sticking the other half in the fridge. But it is a struggle, and 3 days this week I got over 30 points (and not by a little...). The good thing is that I do make efforts to eat healthier snacks and or not to snack at all, so I can see myself progress. To be continued! B+ on that goal

Ah study... well, for sure I watched A LOT of dramas.

And I started my new job today. Work is a permanent study session with 100% of documents so far being in Korean. I can see my bus travels becoming hour-long study sessions, especially if I am able to sleep 7 hours outside of the bus (which is the goal, since an additional hour during the day does NOT replace an hour at night). B on that goal.

The winner this week, was the number of point. For this challenge, I wanted to put a lot of emphasis on efforts and getting to good habits. I gave points just for deferring a snack or eating healthily. I need to get back on the good habit train.

Total points week 1: 80.5 (40.25% of goal!)

Expected weekly when planning: 42 points

I was able to build good habits, and to lose weight! I lost around 3 lbs (mostly water weight, but still!). So I will count this week as a success, even if I am far from perfection.

This challenge is about NOT being perfect, but being happy with ourselves, the trying, failing, half-succeeding and confident selves. I will do my best to continue on this trajectory and to start a long term weight loss!

On a sad note, my new work blocks access to NerdFitness, so I won't be able to update this thread too often. Maybe from the bus? I will need to try - but good bye cute fonts and Bulbi pics!

59bf50d40966f_happybulbi2.JPG.b7069bd0620acb17e3b18afca4896f36.JPG

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Asuka said:

This challenge is about NOT being perfect, but being happy with ourselves, the trying, failing, half-succeeding and confident selves. I will do my best to continue on this trajectory and to start a long term weight loss!

So much this. Congrats on a successful first week! Work sounds tough, but I have faith in you. Keep up the good work!

40a440acefcb2357127a953c1282173bebc1229c_hq.jpg

• Like 1

I AM BACK.

Officially I am back to have a weight starting with an 8 for the tens! Yoohoo!!

Okay, so it is a small victory (~2.3kg worth), but I am still celebrating, because it is my first change in tens. I do hope to go through 2 more, but let's go slowly.

To celebrate, I had breakfast of apples and banana!

I am actively trying to lose weight and gain muscle for our dance of next month (starting on October 10th). I have 21 days to be able to go back to jumping and moving faster. Motivation is high (as high as the dance beat is fast!), so I will hold on to it and cut carbs. In 3 weeks I can safely lose 3kg (especially given how high I register on the scale right now), so I will be back below 88kg, which is a more comfortable zone to jump up while protecting my ankles.

I am stocked about this dance!!

Image result for dancing bulbasaur

• Like 2

Yesterday was a BLAST, I killed this challenge on every level!

- Dance class was hard, but it was awesome, the song is cool and we will definitely study the song I love next month! I was on fire and gave my all. Also since I changed jobs, I am 100% getting my step count in. I finished the day exhausted and happy!

- The new job is pretty exciting, so I don't get as distracted. Also there are NO coffee shops around, and I would have to go pretty far to buy snacks, so yesterday was a super low calorie day. I actually had to eat some sugar to keep my energy up. So as long as I am eating consciously in the cafeteria at lunch (Korean food - not too hard to eat consciously, so many sipcy things I cannot eat!), I should do an okay job.

- Since I was exhausted, I went to bed pretty early and also slept on the bus. This new commuting schedule is not easy!

- Thanks to my new job, I study all the time since most documents are in Korean (I will definitely have to arrange the points, or I will over/under estimate my efforts).

Overall, I need for my body to adjust a bit, since I am feeling tired and chugging (free Nespresso!) coffee down hard. This job would be really great if it were not 1h away from home in the suburbs of Seoul... ㅠㅠ (This is a Korean crying face with tears coming down closed eyes)

But I will ENJOY and celebrate victories! More weight lost yesterday too, so I want to continue on this path. ^_^

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Asuka said:

Also there are NO coffee shops around, and I would have to go pretty far to buy snacks

That's a PLUS! Easier to stay away from unhealthy snacks, or are the snacks in most coffee shops oke?

2 hours ago, Asuka said:

But I will ENJOY and celebrate victories!

Who doesn't :D ?!

tenor.gif

• Like 2

Menu today: fried rice AND pasta salad. :ambivalence:

I ate some of the rice and tasted the pasta - but empty calories...

I bought some chicken breast and vegetables afterwards for snacks in the afternoon. I'm expecting to be starving aroun 3pm since we eat at 11:30a... so I'm ready for it!!

30 minutes ago, Grandkai_NL said:

That's a PLUS! Easier to stay away from unhealthy snacks, or are the snacks in most coffee shops oke?

Totally agree with you Grandkai!

Most Korean coffee shops inside the buildings have very few / not so good snacks. So I try to go to the cafeteria in the morning to buy fruits and eggs to snack on later.

I feel lucky that Korean "discovered" nutrition a couple years ago and have been adding healthy options ever since. Before it was "eat the carbs or die starving" kinda mentality.

My whole team is pretty healthy, drinking mostly coffee (no soda) and not abusing snacks (1 cookie from time to time), none of them even smoke - a rarity in Korea!

I feel lucky to have found this team!

So we are closing in on the end of week 2.

Weight loss slowed down considerably, with almost nothing moving over the past couple of days. I know it is a short period of time and I should not be alarmed. However, since I am still in the early stages of weight loss (40%+ of fat), I should be able to lose a bit faster through dieting and exercise. Since I track all that I eat and have considerably decreased the quantity of food I eat, I am a bit puzzled. But I won't worry too much unless it does not move for a while.

I also remember that last time I started on my weight loss journey in a similar fashion, the scale would not move for a few weeks while my body was getting used to all these changes (more exercise, less food, more sleep), and then it went down steadily. Boy, how frustrating these first few weeks! I even had to check if the scale was broken...

Fun activities and study planned for the weekend, and I am thinking about healthy recipes. I realize that with the commute, cooking on Sunday for the next Wednesday improves my quality of life significantly. So I am inventing new ways to cook chicken breast hahaha

Point are going well too. I am prioritizing sleep (I increased my steps with the new job by ~30%, so I am tired) and doing activities which I enjoy, and try to cast a positive light on diet. I still sometimes eat a cookie or drink whole milk (pleasures!), but try to make healthy substitutions (e.g., grilled beef rather than deep fried pork, soy beans rather than rice). I have not yet completely cut out carbs, but I try to keep it low. At home I stopped dmaking rice or pasta, but I buy bread once a week and eat 1 slice (3pts/30) almost daily. At lunchtime, I try to keep rice (which comes with every Korean meal) to ~1 or 2 points. This give a total of ~5 points (17%) in carbs from grains. (I also get carbs from fruits etc.).

Side note: I started reading about macros and counting macros instead of calories. What is your opinion on that?

I am hesitant to make the plunge, since it woult take significantly more time (entering 3 data points instead of 1 for every ingredient!) and I am super good at evaluating calories.

Maybe I can try retroactively?

Let em know what you think!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Asuka said:

Side note: I started reading about macros and counting macros instead of calories. What is your opinion on that?

From purely a weightgain vs weightloss standpoint, it comes out to much the same thing.  If a person eats 50g of fat, 300g of carbs, and 200g of protein -- then they've eaten roughly 2,450 calories ((50*9)+(300*4)+(200*4)).  Tracking macros basically is still tracking calories, but shifts the focus from total calorie count (by ignoring it) and focuses instead on eating the balance of and amount of macronutrients you want.  Dr. Jordan Feigenbaum of Barbell Medicine has often advocated a macro-centric approach on the nutrition section of the Starting Strength forums.

• Thanks 1

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano

14 hours ago, Asuka said:

Personal opinion: when I switched to macro tracking is when I started gaining weight again, because I was so concerned with the numbers and percentages and tweaking that I neglected the big picture and actually feeling satisfied with meals. If you set a carb limit and hit it for the day, will you be happy eating just protein and carb-less veggies? I wasn't good at balancing those macros throughout the day, and it ended up bombing hard. Not saying it can't be done, but it's a lot more work. 

Congrats on the new job and the upcoming dance! Sounds like you've got a good setup to beat this challenge!

• Thanks 1

End of week 2: Not so perfect results, but a hard week overall, so I won't complain too much.

Overall week: Grade A-

I did all cardio this week, 5 biking sessions, 2 dance classes. I met my 80 minutes of exercises daily, but this weekend, it was entirely because I walked everywhere and my steps are counted by sHealth in my phone.

So I met expectations, but I did not push myself (no weightlifting), because I felt so tired the whole week. Maybe it was the carb and sugar cutting,. maybe it was the new hour long bus rides morning and evening (before I walked 15 minutes to work). But I was exhausted and fell asleep even on Saturday after sleeping 8 hours, so I did not push myself.

Overall, A- for the week (I met all expectations but did not push)

I slept a lot. At night, in buses, on my couch. I missed my 7 hours target 2 days, but woke up around 7 or 8 both Saturday and Sunday, signs that my body felt rested.

However, it still feels like it is not enough. I am hoping that it is the change to a les carby diet (from the EAT ALL YOU WANT AND GAIN WAIT AT LIGHTNINIG SPEED diet), and will improve.

Overall B+ for the week, I still can do better

I improved! My total amount for the week is a bit below my WW max, so I give myself credit for that. I went over 30 points 3 days this week, Monday when we had a team diner at a buffet (!!!!!!) and from 3pm on were cooking while eating cookies. I should have done better, but it was really good quality food. The other 2 days (Sat and Sun), I went a little overboard, but not exceedingly so, I went out with friends and had brunch, so it was a bit heavier than "lean turkey with a side of zucchini".

On the other had I made risotto and a gratin of zucchini puree with lean ground beef and it is delicious! I am eating small portions to keep calories low, but I did everything in a lewan way (light cream, no cheese, no potatoes, lean beef), so it is pretty healthy already. Note for next time: WAAAAAAY more spices required!

Overall A- for the week - I can do better, but I am more systematically making the right choices. And I sometimes fail, but I don't let it put me down and I get back on the horse afterwards.

Waaaaaaa. This is where I shone this week. I started studying again in a truly intensive fashion. Call it vocab everyday, 1 study session with my teacher and 1 study sesison with a friend. And this friend even told me he was surprised that my Korean improved so much! Definitely a good trend!

Overall A+ for the week! Now need to add actual exercises simulating my exam and it will be perfect!

To dampen a bit my enthusiasm, my weight ha snot moved since the middle of the week. I am still below 90kgs, but barely. It am still around 1kg per week lost, so I am happy, but I need to continue my efforts. I am starting to wonder if age is not a slowing factor, where I cannot lose weight as easily now that I am older...

That said, points-wide, I am very good, 85.5 points reached this week, or 83% of total Bulbi goal after 2 weeks! I think I willd efinitely get my new attack...

59c84f76b839a_cutebulbi.JPG.3695a57fef59634a378d65719e5af9f2.JPG

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 11:54 AM, Hazard said:

From purely a weightgain vs weightloss standpoint, it comes out to much the same thing.  

Understood. I think tracking macros is a bit more time-consuming though!

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 0:29 AM, Manarelle said:

Personal opinion: when I switched to macro tracking is when I started gaining weight again, because I was so concerned with the numbers and percentages and tweaking that I neglected the big picture and actually feeling satisfied with meals. If you set a carb limit and hit it for the day, will you be happy eating just protein and carb-less veggies? I wasn't good at balancing those macros throughout the day, and it ended up bombing hard. Not saying it can't be done, but it's a lot more work. 

Wow. Cautious tale.

I think I will stay with the tried and true WW / calorie counting method.

I will maybe check next week my past macros, to see how far away I am from target (I am on holidays post eye surgery so I will have time to count macros!), but I agree that I don't want to add too many new constraints if my diet is still okay with another method.

Thanks Mana and Hazard for provising guidance!

3 hours ago, Asuka said:

That said, points-wide, I am very good, 85.5 points reached this week, or 83% of total Bulbi goal after 2 weeks! I think I willd efinitely get my new attack...

Sooo close to level 6! Great going!

Do you have the points scores for each of the quests (because you had individual targets for each, and I'm curious)?

• Like 1

Challenge:   0   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33  

20 hours ago, juliebarkley said:

Sooo close to level 6! Great going!

Do you have the points scores for each of the quests (because you had individual targets for each, and I'm curious)?

Hahaha, thank you so much Julie Barkley!

Here is the detailed count of points:

Goal: "Total 8 points theoretically (per week)"

Total 18 points over 2 weeks (11+7), with a lazy weekend last weekend (I walked a lot, but it does not count as "tall grass")

I am on plan here, +/- depending on how I feel during the weekend. 7 point is my absolute minimum (it means only cardio).

Note: I took away the points for walking from last weekend, so on Week 2 the total of points is 83.5 versus 85.5 previously announced.

2- Go to the Pokemon center regularly

Goal: "I will be aiming for 8 points which is ridiculously low"

35 points total, with only 3 nights over 3 weeks at less than 7 hours of sleep (+ yesterday). This one is a MAJOR adjustment, but a good win!

3- Eat good Pokebeans 

Goal: "A reasonable number of points: total of 20 points per week"

I was at 87 pionts over 2 weeks. Basically, I changed all of my meals and ~60% of my snacks (shas she as she eats a maple sirup cookie for 2.5 WW points), so I am making good progress. This is how I am so much in advance of my goals.

I am never sure if I will be motivated to eat well or not, so I wanted to make sure I would win al least some of the time. The solution I found for this challenge is to create space for the moments when I don't want or feel like I need to eat less than optimal food. So I will eat all of my meals super well, focusing on low calories swaps, no carbs, and then eat a chocoalte bread later because it is helpful and I have the calories. Not the best solution, but one that is manageable.

4- Visit all the houses on the way

Goal: "Target number of points: 6. "

24 points total, since I have tried to use bus riding time to study vocab and end up studying a lot during the day when I have to use Korean reports to write my reports.

Total 164 points over 2 weeks, which is good!

• Like 1

Wow, you are doing SO GREAT for sleep! And even with your Korean, you have been doing vocab and not just dramas. Keep it up; you're flying!

• Like 1

Challenge:   0   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33  

So I overate last night. :(

I brought some chocolate bread and I clearly ate too much. A few days back I had some and threw out more than half, but yesterday because I had points left,  ate too much of it, too fast, with enjoyment, but not as much as I should have. I felt super blah afterwards and I still regret it.

I think I need to be more careful about not creating an atmosphere of deprivation, or not one which I cannot tolerate (for instance I cut pasta without a problem - I want to eat some but I won't binge eat it), but I could not live without bread.

Snacks at the office have been terrible - I should bring back some chocolate protein bars, which satisfy my sweet tooth and a need for proteins.

Just wanted to share that I fail on a regular basis.

I wish I could accept myself more at my current weight. Then I would not stress so much about losing 20kg. I think even just 11 would be a huge change for me. I wil try to be more positive!

But with food a major source of calm and comfort and as I am going through a period of change, I feel doubly deprived. You wouldn't believe how much I hug my plush toys! :P

• Like 1